• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 5 Design & Form factor

I feel like we will see the 'V' cooling design on the final launch console
V you say
741819.jpg

and the PS logo on the back, V confirmed.

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
Design is iffy (lol) but the idea of a wireless charger for the controller is actually a brilliant idea. Every time you end your gaming session, just place the controller on the wireless charging area and next time you pick it up its charged. It would be really nice if Sony would put it in the console.

Yeah and you'd stop wondering if you charged your controller or not last time, since it's always charged as long as you put it there.

The only problem is that i don't think there is enough space there for two controllers, it'd be just for one.

Why would they make something that looks like this

but uglier.

I took Mark Cerny's slide about PS5 BC, i've a feeling that's the shape otherwise why would you leave that space at the bottom?

SQx9xKJ6aXa3w4BZzgUy3h-1200-80.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TLZ

Myths

That last one looks god awful, like an audio pill or something.

I wouldn’t mind something similar to the curved PS3 slim.

PocoJoe

Banned
those slim designs look stupid and unpractical.

Looks should not be more important than cooling, and high clocks suggests that cooling must have room.

Xsex is kind of ugly too, but I would still take that rather than those slim versions if it means that they scream like banshee.

Maybe something untraditional for PS5 would be nice, then both could look like mini fridges

Yeah and you'd stop wondering if you charged your controller or not last time, since it's always charged as long as you put it there.

The only problem is that i don't think there is enough space there for two controllers, it'd be just for one.

I took Mark Cerny's slide about PS5 BC, i've a feeling that's the shape otherwise why would you leave that space at the bottom?

I noticed that as well, kind of odd leaving that space at the bottom, but I think I have learned my lesson for reading into stuff like that, so I am personally chalking it up to a bad powerpoint design person! "pie_tears_joy:

ANIMAL1975

Looks more like a L

Boost mode ? :messenger_grinning_squinting:
Previously on : Playstation 5 Design & Form factor

The fucking double standards!

One guy says SSD in a PS5 only thread, without any comment or comparison to other systems, and you jump on him with the console wars crap _ meanwhile, others are already shiting on it with the jet engine flaming card... and you happily quote it, to throw gasoline with the (stupid uneducated) boost clock bite!

Do what OP asked and you reposted, and Stop with this bullshit.

Aceofspades

Banned
Those two are my winners, so sleek and beautiful. The upper one takes the crown, looks new and fresh, as oppose to the lower one that looks like a mix of PS3SS and PS4S.

I agree, I like these two. I want Sony to steer away from the ugly tower design and fo a normal form factor.

HeadsUp7Up

those slim designs look stupid and unpractical.

Looks should not be more important than cooling, and high clocks suggests that cooling must have room.

Xsex is kind of ugly too, but I would still take that rather than those slim versions if it means that they scream like banshee.

Maybe something untraditional for PS5 would be nice, then both could look like mini fridges
I get what you're saying but if it's designed properly you can have both. The Xbox One X is both slim and whisper quiet.

The Alien

Banned
I like the 4th one (also available in white), but it's too "boring" so Sony won't make it. The tower one would be hilarious considering all the feedback from people the the Series X design.

I do think the PS5 is gonna run hot...so I wouldn't be surprised if the design isnt final.

ANIMAL1975

4GUuLkn.jpg

YArpPUz.jpg

These are my favorite, but the first one needs more fat of course (too slim i think), and the second needs some of that blue led sexyness of the first one!

Ellery

I like the last one from VRplayer the most. I don't really mind unusual form factors/sizes that much.

I would prefer the ugliest console if it was quiet over any loud beauty.

I like the idea of the V design, but just simplify/streamline it more. The one posted above with the red/blue lighting is a step in that direction but I would take it further.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
i would be happy with this design since i like the xbox series x design
hLk2W6m.jpg

NOOOOO! I don't want them to copy the XsX. It's by far my most favorite console design ever.

I don't want a bad knockoff of the Beast. Sony needs to come up with their own unique design and I'm sure they will.

That DOES look good tho

Saber

Gold Member
2, 3 and 4 looks very interesting. Small and charming design.

The last one looks incredibly dumb.

Last edited:
The fucking double standards!

One guy says SSD in a PS5 only thread, without any comment or comparison to other systems, and you jump on him with the console wars crap _ meanwhile, others are already shiting on it with the jet engine flaming card... and you happily quote it, to throw gasoline with the (stupid uneducated) boost clock bite!

Do what OP asked and you reposted, and Stop with this bullshit.
Are you okay ? you look angry, take a deep breath, exhale.
Ok let's recap :
I don't want to see a single one of these bastards in it....

s-l1600.jpg
That would be quieter than a blower fan.
Everybody got the joke, expect you & (fanatics).
it was like what are you expecting ?
Given the performance it cant be bigger then a nintendo wii.
given the power of the SSD, PS5 gonna need extra large condoms.
It was a bit aggressive compared to other comments i quoted isn't it ?
Saw a beef starting, i put a reminder to calm things down
V SHAPE FOR ME PLEASE.
Looks more like a L

Doesn't it look like a L shape ? This was on the road to PS5 keynote, looks like a PS3 Slim, i'm confused.
Boost mode ? :messenger_grinning_squinting:
Another joke "what for", jet engine :messenger_grinning_squinting: .
ANIMAL1975 ANIMAL1975 You'll be okay, you just need time.
I've been accused of many things & i don't care, i do post stuff about Sony, Microsoft & Video games, and i'm still being called a fanboy because there is no news regarding Playstation 5, don't worry when there is some (news) you will see me posting them on Gaf.
#StayStrong

Jtibh

Banned
Are you okay ? you look angry, take a deep breath, exhale.
Ok let's recap :

Everybody got the joke, expect you & (fanatics).
it was like what are you expecting ?

It was a bit aggressive compared to other comments i quoted isn't it ?
Saw a beef starting, i put a reminder to calm things down

Doesn't it look like a L shape ? This was on the road to PS5 keynote, looks like a PS3 Slim, i'm confused.

Another joke "what for", jet engine :messenger_grinning_squinting: .
ANIMAL1975 ANIMAL1975 You'll be okay, you just need time.
I've been accused of many things & i don't care, i do post stuff about Sony, Microsoft & Video games, and i'm still being called a fanboy because there is no news regarding Playstation 5, don't worry when there is some (news) you will see me posting them on Gaf.
#StayStrong
Aggressive? Beef starting?
What?
Now you have to explain this to me.
Before you say anything though just a reminder i am pro sony

Jtibh

Banned
Not you, the response CJY CJY gave to you.
He cool i am cool we all cool.
Its all fun.

We are all very interested how ps5 games will look and play but given the lack of anything relevant we are bored as hell.

This whole flip and flop thing will be in the past once we start seeing games.

Given the strong first party support for both console we will see more exclusive games for each system then ever before which will result in less third party vs threads.

We wont be able to compare the hardware anymore, it will all come down to the games.

Top Bottom