• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 5 |LAUNCH OT| No limits

THEAP99

Banned
ok im currently downloading demons souls... few things

is it safe to connect ethernet to make it install faster

is it safe to also download miles morales as well

also how do i disable rest mode competely

Last edited:

Codes 208

Anyone else getting screen flickering while playing astros playroom?

Edit: wtf? Turns out it’s my TV flickering...

Last edited:

Codes 208

ok im currently downloading demons souls... few things

is it safe to connect ethernet to make it install faster

is it safe to also download miles morales as well

also how do i disable rest mode competely
Should be, if there’s a temporary stop in downloading while swapping to Ethernet it just pauses the D/L until the internet pops back up. As for disabling, you just go into power settings and change the default to low power mode or turn off completely as your preference

R6Rider

Gold Member
Can any of you lucky early owners confirm or not if Mirror's Edge Catalyst had any improvement
I know the Resolution is gonna be still the same but is it locked 60fps now?

I can install and check after work.

Edit. Screw waiting, checking now on my lunch break lol

Last edited:
Reactions: TGO

John2290

I wanted to buy this thing so badly, same for the XsX but they've got me thinking at least 2022 now if not January 2023 for a sale. It's insane how they fucked up so badly, I was thinking MS might fuck up and come out with no games as they did but Sony, what the fuck? I felt better about the Ps3 launch and spending 670 euro for that thing. I'm staying well away from this gen until I see it pan out.

Trogdor1123

I wanted to buy this thing so badly, same for the XsX but they've got me thinking at least 2022 now if not January 2023 for a sale. It's insane how they fucked up so badly, I was thinking MS might fuck up and come out with no games as they did but Sony, what the fuck? I felt better about the Ps3 launch and spending 670 euro for that thing. I'm staying well away from this gen until I see it pan out.
Sorry, what all are you talking about?

Iorv3th

The controller and triggers is actually pretty cool. I like it.

Only games i've tried so far (still waiting on BK to send me my demons souls code)

AC Valhalla - No improvements in loading at all. Still loads slowly when you die or something. No use of the controller features. Tons of bugs like most early AC games when they launch and need to be patched. Does not feel next gen at all.

Miles Morales - Looks good, it's still spiderman ps4 which looked great when it came out. I wouldn't say anyone could differentiate it as a next gen title if they just looked at me playing.

COD BOCW - Only played a few multiplayer matches but use of the controller and triggers and everything is a really cool experience. Also runs/looks a lot better than ps4 version.

THEAP99

Banned
Should be, if there’s a temporary stop in downloading while swapping to Ethernet it just pauses the D/L until the internet pops back up. As for disabling, you just go into power settings and change the default to low power mode or turn off completely as your preference
i go into settings > system > power saving & the only option I have is :

"Set time until ps5 enter rest mode
Features available in rest mode
Set time until controllers turn off"

R6Rider

Gold Member
Can any of you lucky early owners confirm or not if Mirror's Edge Catalyst had any improvement
I know the Resolution is gonna be still the same but is it locked 60fps now?

After playing for about 10 minutes I looked over the footage and couldn't find any dropped frames. Granted it was an area near a safehouse, not in a mission. I also fought some guards and no frames dropped in the footage I recorded.

This is the best first party launch they've ever had

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
After playing for about 10 minutes I looked over the footage and couldn't find any dropped frames. Granted it was an area near a safehouse, not in a mission. I also fought some guards and no frames dropped in the footage I recorded.
Thanks so much for checking, sounds good 👍

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Question for those who have it horizontal.

The stand isn't supposed to "snap in" right? It just kinda slides on and that's it? There's no click or snap or anything that makes it unable to be dislodged?

I put it horizontal and after I installed everything I needed to move the PS5 around a bit to fit it into the space it was in and around some cables and I noticed that lightly dragging it while it was flush to my stand kinda pulled the hooks out a bit.

When I installed the stand I pushed it in pretty firmly and didn't wanna push any harder, but it felt flush. Guess I just don't move it from now on, I don't wanna dislodge the hooks.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I decided to use my system vertically as to me it seems like it was designed to be that way and I like the look. Also fwiw my console is connected via ethernet and I haven't had a single problem.

I feel like a kid at Christmas again... this console is amazing. Unlike the PS4 (only PlayStation I've skipped) this feels like a true next-gen leap to me. The system itself is gorgeous and the new controller is a much bigger upgrade over the previous version than I was expecting. It's also super quiet (don't even hear it) and the SSD is a very welcome upgrade as a PC gamer who quit using mechanical HDD's like a decade ago. Astro's PlayRoom has that Nintendo feel to me and I'm really impressed by what Sony has put together. I feel like this is going to end up being my favorite console of all time by the end of this generation. The PS5 game I'm really looking forward to is Gran Turismo 7 but in the meanwhile there are several great PS4 games that I never got a chance to play and I look forward to playing through them on the PS5 (planning to buy them when the PS Store black friday event starts next week).

Here's what I'd like to see though:
1. Looking forward to when Sony adds back support for themes and custom wallpapers.
2. I'd like a way to remove/hide games from showing up in my games collection. I know I can only show the ones that are installed, but there are PS4 games showing up that I only played like once or twice and it clutters the data/screen.

THEAP99

Banned
what audio 3d audio level do u guys recommend? it honestly sounds a little muffled to me.. im using hyper x alphas

Last edited:

John2290

This is the best first party launch they've ever had
An expansion plus game or standalone expansion for full price and a 2d Astro bot game which negates the actual point of why astro bot was good in the first place... and Sack boy. Yeah, not so impressive, I see people on my friends list, not one of them out of the dozen or so i've seen are playing ps5 games on their new machine, ps4 games all around.

Anyone else’s PS5 have a low buzz sound too it? Not horrible but definitely a constant buzz
It's most likely coil whine. This is something that has already been plaguing PS4 Pros (I went through almost a dozen to find one without it, never had any luck).

It's nothing you need to worry about if it isn't too bad. It's a warranty case when it's really loud, though.

John2290

Sorry, what all are you talking about?
The size of it. The step back in features, QoL and firmware for a small step ahead in minor areas. No HDD storage. No SSD storage. Storage that in todays gaming landscape is worse than the 20gig PS3 models and infinitely worse for the digital version, at least you had disks back then to swap out. The SIZE of it. The increase in game pricing. The nonsensical upgrade models for some games, like what the fuck is with the 6 step process even for the free upgrades. Misleading us into saying they are for generations only to say on launch week after millions of preorders, there will be a three year cross gen period. The rush to manufacture that is showing up in so many influencers consoles and people they know that the issues have got to be widespread, can't wait to hear about all the consoles going poof cause they choose to overwork Chinese employees in the middle of a pandemic with, I'm sure, safety measures in place. The unimpressive graphics over the Pro and the RT already being kind of half baked and ready to fall by the wayside once devs want to up graphical fidelity, that's very obvious as you can see the limited range in Miles Morales. THE FUCKING SIZE OF IT... No, really. I thought it'd be big but to see it so actually gigantic is shocking and it's so big both the people who I know who has it has had to either put it on the floor ( such a bad idea for dust) or make a dedicated shelf on the wall to avoid buying a whole new entertainment unit and before I seen it, I thought the shelf idea was the way to go and that's what I was going to do until I seen it and it' s so damn ugly, it looks like a fan heater i once had and it's actually bigger, if a little shorter.

The only good thing I can think of that I took away was the DS5, give me that on my ps4 and I'm good to go. So glad I smelt the faint wafts of shit coming from this gen swap and stood back. I'll review my position ever few months but my God, right now it's such a mess, particularly that set back in UI features AGAIN, a mistake they made with the ps4 that didn't need to be made and ... The absolute SIZE of it.

I again checked both the ps5 and playstation5 subreddits, and neither one is in "panic mode". The front 4 pages of both have zero references to bricked consoles at the moment. I looked at the controversial tabs and they aren't there either.

I don't know what people are seeing that they are convinced this thing is having major issues. If you google PS5 problems or ps5 brick you get a series of articles all referring to the same two examples, the Youtuber and the Journalist.

Browse the comments in the stickied help thread. I understand that a portion of consoles breaking was inevitable but to have that many people reporting issues right out of the gate is concerning. Even the piece of shit 360 worked for awhile. I don't think I'll plug mine in until we get some patches.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
look how she shines

nFcBV9u.jpg

Nice! But the back is blocking the hot air and might cause heating issues.

bender

What time is it?
Got mine.

+System is quiet
+No idea how much they will be used by the controller haptics are pretty nuts.
+Controller is heftier than the dual shock but I like it so far.
+Downloads seem quicker. PS5 games even more so than PS4 games.
=Astrobot is charming and well made and I understand why they are doing what they are doing but blowing on the mic and motion control gave me bad flashbacks to the DS and Wii.
-UI is going to take some time but everything feels a layer buried too deep. I also don't like how limited the recent games played list is.

DeSo tonight after I finish my Animal Crossing, Rocket League and Overwatch chores.

An expansion plus game or standalone expansion for full price and a 2d Astro bot game which negates the actual point of why astro bot was good in the first place... and Sack boy. Yeah, not so impressive, I see people on my friends list, not one of them out of the dozen or so i've seen are playing ps5 games on their new machine, ps4 games all around.

Demon's Souls - 94
Astro's Playroom - 84
Sackboy - 78
Spiderman - 85

You've gotta be blind to think that's not their most impressive line up they've come out with for a new console launch. And don't give me the cross gen crap just because they made PS4 ports for two of them. These games launch day and date with your PS5

Last edited:

dorkimoe

What issues are there with the stand? I've got mine horizontal with it, but damn if it doesn't seem built to hold that much weight, maybe a third party one will be good sometime
Same. It’s horizontal. It’s working. You have to put it more on the right side. But if I move the system to get to my cables it slides off. Was hoping it would snap on better. But I won’t be moving it often so not a big deal

Andodalf

Banned
Anybody having really slow connection speed? My PS5 DE is getting 13 Mbps wired and 20 wireless????? Where my One X right next to it is getting 60 wireless and 110 wired. Same ethernet cable, same network. Is this a PSN thing, or could some setting be causing this? Very annoying

giphy.gif

Anybody having really slow connection speed? My PS5 DE is getting 13 Mbps wired and 20 wireless????? Where my One X right next to it is getting 60 wireless and 110 wired. Same ethernet cable, same network. Is this a PSN thing, or could some setting be causing this? Very annoying

Here is my download speed.

20201113-000350.jpg

I never got anywhere NEAR that with the ps4. I'm very impressed.

See you ITT in 2022 then. Or possibly in 2023.

Last edited:

amigastar

I hope the new PS5 controller will get PC support cause i've heard the new rumble has to be experienced and is really next gen.

Last edited:

John2290

Demon's Souls - 94
Astro's Playroom - 84
Sackboy - 78
Spiderman - 85

You've gotta be blind to think that's not their most impressive line up they've come out with for a new console launch. And don't give me the cross gen crap just because they made PS4 ports for two of them. These games launch day and date with your PS5
Hooked up my 4TB with all of my PS4 games. Fingers crossed it doesn’t brick.
Keep it away from the thing until you know it's safe.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
I had an off brand one for PS4 and you had to jam it on and it clicked. Took me a min to realize they just barely set on this stand. It’s brilliant piece of hardware
I know right, there are four pins along the headphone jack, which is why the controller can simply sit on the station to charge.

Top Bottom