• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 more powerful than Xbox Scarlet, according to Game Informer editor

Moneal

Damn it! You got me on that one. It looked like a legit post!
wasn't me but yea you can never really tell sometimes. I only remember it because it was really funny when games came out that were 1080 on ps4 and 720 on xbox and people started reposting it and he had to own up to being wrong. He was actually a good sport about the whole thing.

His actual post can be found here:

jakinov

Sony killed Next Xbox before it's even out.

How MS gonna compete next year when Sony reveals their jaw dropping ps5 games
I think the only thing new that's truly next-gen they can show is probably from Gureilla Games (probably Horizon 2 which should take less time, since it's sequel than a new IP). Most their studio's should be pretty early in development for their new projects since they just had releases fairly recently. Their launch games would likely be Ghosts and Last of Us 2 which might not get the full next-gen treatment.

Pallas

FranXico

I'd calm down. the consoles are like 16 months away. which means they are not final

also. Reiner is knwon to be a playstation fanboy. and also the PS4 got the GDDR ram like a few months before release as a change of plans.
This is very true. However, people have been repeatedly citing 8TF on the PS5 as fact, ever since a known xbox fanboy implied that it couldn't possibly push more than that.

Last edited:

Achillias

Thanks for the link, I read it all. Would have thought the devkits would be out by now, but if that’s true then that guy couldn’t have heard anything about the specs.
He is full of shit. Trying to get some "cloud" for the clicks on the internet. And it did work, you see that particular tweet all over the internet. And he knows it too. Because he actually said nothing.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Wait is that true? I figured both devkits were out in the wild.
There is no other places that confirms this story or the actual quote... seems like he said that when asked about why Halo Infinite was not show in Scarlet.

And yes DevKits should be with devs for a time already... the own Scarlet video says 3rd-party are already working with it.

Last edited:

Outrunner

Don't care. A powerful console does not equal a profitable console. A quick look through gaming history shows this more often than not. Plus with Sony's ongoing censorship and pissing off japanese devs - I don't see them succeeding.

lol Who do you think japanese developers will develop to then? Xbox? :messenger_tears_of_joy: They will probably invest more in the Switch but come on, we all know that no matter what Playstation carries a lot of weight in the industry for devs to abando it.

Achillias

Without any idea what the specs are? So they only all the the drawing board phase, then?
You do know you can make levels, design architecture, working on the transcript, without the fine-tuning of a devkit? Remember non of the Xbox devkit gear got leaked. While the one from Sony did. Why would anyone who'd got both only show 1 of them. That doesn't make sense. And believe me, there are some people who do anything for a bit of internet fame. As you can see.

Last edited:

Aintitcool

Banned
I think sony might have some better raytracing tech than MS but not sure. The AMD secret custom stuff wars. Games will look fairly indistinguishable like current ps4 and oneS

Last edited:

this guy is a liar.
no one had the devkits of scarlett.
From the article:
"According to Greenberg, Microsoft is currently working on getting the Project Scarlett development kits out..."

They are working on getting devkits out....!!!
But this developer had it.
I think there's witchcraft involved or this dudes are shocked PlayStation fanboys which spreading lies to save Sony.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

this guy is a liar.
no one had the devkits of scarlett.
From the article:
"According to Greenberg, Microsoft is currently working on getting the Project Scarlett development kits out..."

They are working on getting devkits out....!!!
But this developer had it.
I think there's witchcraft involved or this dudes are shocked PlayStation fanboys which spreading lies to save Sony.

I said this as well earlier but after re-reading he doesn’t state none have been deployed just that they’re currently getting them out.

sinnergy

lol and it still goes on.. MS just literally announced hardware ray tracing, until Sony does this officially with the words hardware accelerated . MS has the upper hand imo.

Yes lighting is that big of a deal and that’s from someone who worked for years with Vray and scenes with close to 20 million polygons.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I knew something was up when Phil said that it would be "the most powerful console (we have made)".

Honestly I don't even care about performance on console (that's why I have a pc). They are both using zen2/Navi and pcie4 ssd so they will likely be about similar performance.

Whatever one is more powerful it won't be significant. In real usage one might hit 2160p 99% of the time and the other one will hit it about 90% of the time. Games will look pretty much identical.

I'll be buying a PS5 because Xbox makes no sense to me while I own a pc which is essentially always a next next gen Xbox :messenger_tears_of_joy: I'll play Halo + Forza on that. Doesn't matter if Xbox is "the most powahful console in the wuuurd" means shit to me.

Last edited:

PsyEd

Hardware is nothing without software. So whatever console ends up actually being the powerful one compared to the one easy develop for...pc gamers will win at the end when it comes to "ports". No more neutered PC edition of a game since *someone* paid big to show parity between consoles and PC. If the next gen console fails to run Cyberpunk 2077 in 4k60fps or more....it's irrelevant to me. So bring out the titans Sony and M$...I wanna see what you can deliver!

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
At this point I honestly couldnt care less about which console have beter specs

Put the same game side by side guaranteed it will look nearly identical 99% the same

I only care about the first party game

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

How do you know new consoles can do zero loading time?
Proper planning and Game design. Sony only needs their 1st party games to have no loading screens (smart pre-loading + cleverly hidden loadings) to say this is true, since they can't take responsibility for whatever 3rd parties do.

Top Bottom