• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 [OT] Taking Over The World One SSD At A Time

THEAP99

Banned
Demon's Souls is broken for me. I go to load it up, it just stays on the title screen. Other people complained about this last week. I tried restarting my console, that did not work. BluePoint must get their shit together

Just had my first hard system crash.

Had just completed a Stealth Challenge in Miles and was swinging away when image cut out (pink line in the middle of the screen for a split second then no image) and the system shut down.

When I tried to boot up with controller nothing happened.

When I pressed power button on console it beeped once and nothing happened.

I unplugged it from wall and let sit for a bit then plugged it back in.

When I pressed the power button again it tuned on and I had to repair external drive and rebuild the system database. After this the system stayed on but I had no image. I shut down using the power button on the console and the powering down screen appeared and the system shut off normally.

Powered up once again and this time everything was normal.

Seems fine now but I was scared for a second.

Only my first crash. Still kinda alarming. Nothing was downloading in background. Not sure what caused it.

Rolla

Banned
s5FsqUK.jpg

PS5

Saberus

Demon's Souls is broken for me. I go to load it up, it just stays on the title screen. Other people complained about this last week. I tried restarting my console, that did not work. BluePoint must get their shit together
I had this issue last night.. I even went to home icon and started another game and then went back to DS and still froze at title screen, so I went down to power options and instead of power off I did restart, and it worked.

Grinchy

Banned
Apparently my brother's right trigger is loose already. He says it's really weak to the touch and sometimes activates a button press when he's not touching it. That didn't last long for him!

DrDamn

When you say restart did you shutdown (so you can pull plug) and then start-up or just select restart? I had same issue and a shutdown, wait 10 seconds, start - worked for me.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I was doing a second play through of FF7R before PS5 came out. I moved all my games to external and boxed up my Pro before getting PS5. I reinstalled FF7R via disc to PS5 and copied my saves from the cloud since I’ve avoided using my external. The saves were pretty old and missing about 8 hours playtime.

I copied the game from external then instead and still had the same saves. Does anyone know if the fresher saves are still on my Pro? Do saves not transfer when you move games over to external? Wanted to ask before I unbox it again.

Zheph

I was doing a second play through of FF7R before PS5 came out. I moved all my games to external and boxed up my Pro before getting PS5. I reinstalled FF7R via disc to PS5 and copied my saves from the cloud since I’ve avoided using my external. The saves were pretty old and missing about 8 hours playtime.

I copied the game from external then instead and still had the same saves. Does anyone know if the fresher saves are still on my Pro? Do saves not transfer when you move games over to external? Wanted to ask before I unbox it again.
It will be on the HDD of your Pro indeed, just need to plug it, upload those ones to the cloud and you should be good

Dodkrake

Banned
Is it possible to buy Spider-man Remastered on its own if I have just Miles Morales on PS5?

Yes. Once you create a Save, you can press R1 to upgrade to the Ultimate edition

Reinstall the game

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Just got my ps5 and i think the stand is shot. One of the clip recesses is too small for the white frame thickness and doesnt fit properly. Anyone heard of this issue? Hoping i can send off for a replacement.

There are some PlayStation symbols where it is supposed to fit on the back, I believe there are two square symbols and it is supposed to line up with those?

Mr Hyde

Accidentally bought one year PS Now instead of PS Plus 🙄

I knew this was gonna happen, those two services are to similar. But I've should've been more observant too, instead of just pressing buy. Damn Black Friday deal makes you go blind.

Anyway, I issued a refund and got a confirmation e-mail that they're gonna look into it.

Does anybody have any experiences about refunds with Sony on subscriptions or games? This is my first time dealing with them.

Nitty_Grimes

You should be okay as long as you go through their help desk / support.

A subscription includes any purchase of a service with recurring fees from PlayStation Store, such as PlayStation®Plus.

After purchasing a subscription through PlayStation Store, you have 14 days to request a refund. However, we may reduce your refund amount based on how much you have used the service. For example, if a player buys a PlayStation Plus 12-Month Membership and requests a refund seven days after the purchase date, the refund amount may be reduced to reflect any use of the subscription, such as playing online, downloading monthly games, using cloud storage etc.

Last edited:
I unhooked my ps5 cause of the issues I was having..but I did want to say I tried Days Gone on it last night..that was one of my least fave pS4 exclusives and the upgrades to the game are amazing. The colors really pop better now and the framerate is amazing

Still pretty bland story/characters. But the performance on that game is ridiculously good now

Had just completed a Stealth Challenge in Miles and was swinging away when image cut out (pink line in the middle of the screen for a split second then no image) and the system shut down.

When I pressed the power button again it tuned on and I had to repair external drive and rebuild the system database. After this the system stayed on but I had no image. I shut down using the power button on the console and the powering down screen appeared and the system shut off normally.

Only my first crash. Still kinda alarming. Nothing was downloading in background. Not sure what caused it.

Sounds exactly like the crash I had the other night, I was playing Demons Souls and it just fizzed out.

Yep, when I pressed the controller button and nothing happened, then pressed the power button on the console with nothing happening multiple times, I was sure it was bricked.

yeah same

I am no expert but I have to believe it is a software thing and not a hardware thing. The way the system shut off and then needed to rebuild everything, I don’t think something overheated or anything but just a glitch in the OS acting up

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

I had this happen the other day. I was in Call of Duty Cold War (PS5 Version on SSD) menus messing with my Activision ID screen name. Suddenly, the system froze and then black screen. I waited, and nothing happened. I press the controller PS button.. nothing, then pressed the console power button. After a moment or two (or heart wrenching internal panic) the system came back on and rebuild the system database and then the external USB storage attached.

Like you, I thought the system was bricked at first.. but.. all is OK.

I did have the system crash to desktop while in Miles Morales menus, but I think in that case what happened was a notification came up at the exact moment I pressed the touchpad in to bring up another menu. Something must have happened where the OS didn't know how to react to an action and boom.. crash to desktop.

I’d like them to give us details on expanded storage options soon(ish)

I wonder if they are just doing extensive testing with the two drives (SN850 and 980 Pro), that claim to be fast enough, to ensure no crashes/glitches and whatnot. Given the buggy nature many are already experiencing, it might be longer than I anticipated before they green light internal expansions

Last edited:

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I wonder if they are just doing extensive testing with the two drives (SN850 and 980 Pro), that claim to be data fast enough, to ensure no crashes/glitches and whatnot. Given the buggy nature many are already experiencing, it might be longer than I anticipated before they green light internal expansions

And form a deal with a manufacturing partner for an official NVMe ;)

JonkyDonk

Played some Spider-man Remastered and it's great. Game looks a lot sharper in fidelity mode than the PS4 version. I think I'm gonna stick to this mode, because if I switch to performance, it will be harder to then go back the other way! For stuff like this 30fps might be just fine.

Also so far I haven't had any crashes or other issues with my PS5, which I'm very happy with. The only issue is just the disc drive randomly spinning up and being loud. And the fact that it keeps trying to install the PS4 version of the game off the disc even though I have the PS5 version downloaded.

I finally got my PS5, pretty slick experience.

Only minor thing is that coil whine is annoying on some games / screens + fan isnt "silent" like I assumed, people always claim these physically impossible things so that is not big deal. (all consoles are audible from far away, if room isn't noisy. People still claim their is, but 100% chance it is easily audible in another room by another person with more sensitive senses).

Fan is much much better than on any ps4 I have heard, not loud but easily audible up to +5m away anyway, but definetly not loud at all. The coil whine/weird noises it makes is more annoying as it is more "sharp" sounding, I hope it is not an issue later on. Even switch is audible from the dock by it's tiny noise levels so ps5 fan is great. Stupid coils almost ruin it :messenger_angry:

Controller + OS is great, haptic feedback is much better than I hoped for.

Demons souls looks nice but not really "next gen", but that is probably because of my 1080p TV, Probably looks even better on Sony oled when it arrives later.

my launch ps4 as an experience were 4/10 (faulty loud ass vacuum fan)

launch ps5 is about 8/10 so far, would be 10/10 without coil noises

JonkyDonk

Only minor thing is that coil whine is annoying on some games / screens + fan isnt "silent" like I assumed, people always claim these physically impossible things so that is not big deal. (all consoles are audible from far away, if room isn't noisy. People still claim their is, but 100% chance it is easily audible in another room by another person with more sensitive senses).

Fan is much much better than on any ps4 I have heard, not loud but easily audible up to +5m away anyway, but definetly not loud at all. The coil whine/weird noises it makes is more annoying as it is more "sharp" sounding, I hope it is not an issue later on. Even switch is audible from the dock by it's tiny noise levels so ps5 fan is great. Stupid coils almost ruin it :messenger_angry:

Demons souls looks nice but not really "next gen", but that is probably because of my 1080p TV, Probably looks even better on Sony oled when it arrives later.

I guess I've also been lucky with this coil whine issue. My PS5 makes a very slight noise when under full load, but it's barely audible if I'm sitting like 2m away or if the TV sound is up.

timmyp53

My friend has a deadzone where his avr and PS5 is located in another room about 20ft. His PS5 is in vented cabinet behind a stone fireplace. Are there any possible solutions for this. I was thinking he could look into modding the ps5 with external antenna. Is there a breakdown presently which actually differentiates which wire cable is which?

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Do you guys run heaters = have hot rooms now? My PS5 just makes no sound at all, but I don't use discs. Glad it has lights or it'll be impossible if it's turned on accidentally.

Been playing 8-12 hours since I got it, only once Spider-Man MM froze for seconds and the system restarted + sending report.

Any examples of what is coil noise? So far I've been lucky to have a good console.

I just looked through all the screens I took in Miles over the last few days and this game literally always looks great. Like it never doesn’t look good, there’s no ugly corners or sections. At least not on PS5.

Well....my only non-plat’d launch games (that I own, I don’t own Valhalla) now are Demon’s and Godfall. I suck at Demon’s, guess Godfall it is.

Wish me luck. If I did tell my mom it was from repetitive third person looting syndrome.

Last edited:

JediMind

Neo Member
So.. The Dualsense has made me BETTER (or less stinky) at games.

I have always had a hard time with controllers, to get that precise aim. Also, when playing with the DS4 I got pain in my hands after a while from just holding the controller so tight.
This resulted in that I always got stuck in fps-games at certain points. Of course this was the case with Doom Eternal (Marauder) on ps4 pro, but now with the Dualsense I find my aim to be so much better. Also my movement overall is much more fluid and precise and I have no problem what so ever beating those hard enemies anymore.

And regarding the pain in my hands, it's no where to be seen when playing with the Dualsense.

Playing on the PS5 has just made the entire experience so much better.

Tmack

Different languages can be downloaded separately by game. Can't remember the option but the the dots and then manage game or something like that? May have your language as a download option.

I did that and it showed a ton of language options, choose the one i needed, game said it was added to downoad and nothing really happened.

Maybe that`s not working yet or not supposed to be used with disk versions.

Nitty_Grimes

Thinking about putting my PS4 in the spare room right.

So, as long as I’m not logged on to my PS5 at the same time, I’ll still be good to go on PS4 if I decide to use that?

Yeah I know BC blah blah and why would I want to, but if I don’t want to infect PS5 with PS4 games, I’m okay to carry on this way? It’s not gonna be you’ve migrated your PSN account to PS5 it’s not set up anymore kind of shit is it?

Sorry for the simple question if it’s obvious.

GymWolf

The console download games on rest mode, so yes.
On ps4 i tried to download stuff with wifi during rest mode and never worked, only cable connection, maybe i had some bullshit setting not turned on...
Does the copy of games from disk work in rest mode too??

because right now i have the console copying and downloading stuff and i don't want to mess stuff by going into rest mode and maybe causing problems...

Last edited:
Top Bottom