• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Pre-Orders Starting TOMORROW (Sep 17) (Some may be TODAY)

sixamp

EiN-WcJUYAEA5C3

Hanging on to my walmart one a little longer now
Same here
9TZnuhI.jpg

9TZnuhI.jpg

Last edited:

Sethbacca

There isn't much profit being made on eBay for the PS5. $220 profit and thats before PayPal & eBay fees then shipping. Scalpers saturated the listing.

Yeah I think the volume is acceptable for launch. You'll likely see a lot of the ebay scalpers returned to retail channels and made available to actual gamers by the time this is all over. Most of the supply issues at the moment are just bots and scalpers.

GraveX1

Neo Member
Sad for you buddy.

I hope you didn't get mad for me using your quote in the new thread.

Go for it. Well, I guess you already did, lol. Anyway, it is worth mentioning that the green text is only visible when I view my order through the Amazon app, not on the actual website.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
See, this was Sony's plan all along.

1) Make people acknowledge there is a limited stock
2) Make people believe they have been "chosen" amongst many to have the "privilege" of preordering the console.

Now, if Xbox prices go down, people will feel less inclined to cancel their PS5 preorder, because then they'll lose their "privilege" and won't be able to preorder again.

Sure, for fanboys it won't make a difference, but normal people that just want a next gen console with a disc drive will second guess their decision.

Scare tactics at its best.

We still got all of this month and the next boys! Granted, if I cannot secure a pre-order before November, than it will truly be a scary Halloween.

bender

What time is it?
Ceerrrnnnnyyyyy!!!!!Bezosssssssssssss

We're contacting you about your order of PlayStation 5 Console (B08FC5L3RG) to let you know in advance that you may not receive this item on the day it is released due to high demand. We’ll make every effort to get the item to you as soon as possible once released.

You can track the latest shipment status of your order under Your Orders on Amazon.com. Once there, you can make changes to unshipped orders, cancel unshipped items, track shipped packages, and much more.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

I was planning on cancelling this anyway but what a shit show.

Matsuchezz

i just got confirmation from Walmart that my pre-order is secured, sweet!! This is the first time ever I buy day 1. I am very hyped!!, Waking up at 5 am was helpful.
Qy8YQoF.png

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Thirst is real in my country. The biggest electronics chain had to stop taking pre-orders because the web traffic they experienced was bigger than they experience on black friday.

People are using bots now to grab up stock of things as soon it appears. A lot of sites have no protection from these at this time. These bots act like dos attack.

Neofire

People are using bots now to grab up stock of things as soon it appears. A lot of sites have no protection from these at this time. These bots act like dos attack.
Physical stores need to require you to come in to pre order like walmart has finally figured out.

njean777

Physical stores need to require you to come in to pre order like walmart has finally figured out.

the problem with this is that stores are opening way late (GameStop, Best Buy) and everybody is at work/working from home. That isn’t fair to them. If they actually fucking communicated and said we will open at 7am for pre orders that would be different. Hell I work evening shift every day and go in at 11, GameStop doesn’t open till 12pm.... wtf am I suppose to do in that situation? Take a day off work for a pre-order? No. There is a way to do fair online pre-orders maybe a captcha or something to stop bots. The problem is bots and they need to be combated against. Also limit one per customer while you are at it for launches.

I got a ps5 pre-order luckily, but it was a complete cluster fuck. There has to be a better way so people cannot buy 40-50 consoles and then go on eBay and rip people off.

Last edited:

Kagero

They opened up Pre orders at 6pm at shoppers drug mart here in Canada and the servers crashed. My sister in law couldn’t get one until things got back up at 10 lol. People expecting the XSX to go smoothly is out of their minds. This is what happens when the general public gets advance notification.

nyr88nyg

Banned
To be fair, there are Amazon horror stories every console launch it seems. They cannot get their shit together. They blew this one big time though with that weird leaked link...
Never had a problem with Walmart.com and people out here acting like Best Buy and amazon are the places to go.

Last edited:
I was allowed to purchase 2 PS5s 1 digital and 1 disc edition from Sony directly. I thought the limit was one or the other ??

Now what should I do with this $700 in trade credit @ GameStop 🤪
CnIXccU.png

CnIXccU.png

YnNizTX.png

YnNizTX.png

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Never had a problem with Walmart.com and people out here acting like Best Buy and amazing are the places to go.

Best Buy store pickup is usually the best way to do it, but their website was hammered.

Have one through Walmart that is still showing arriving on Nov 12th and not cancelled yet. Got the Amazon email today. Will likely cancel Amazon if they don't confirm it for launch in early Nov.

I’ve been a huge Best Buy fan right up until about 48 hours ago :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Luckily Target came through for me. Completely unacceptable to sell out to some people (also not people, bots) while your site doesn’t work for others.

Get your shit together before Tuesday BB. Although not anticipating the same problems really - less feverish demand and I think MS will do a much better job than Sony on getting stock in place. Had very little respect for Sony as a company before this shambles, even less now...

Last edited:

nyr88nyg

Banned
Best Buy store pickup is usually the best way to do it, but their website was hammered.

Have one through Walmart that is still showing arriving on Nov 12th and not cancelled yet. Got the Amazon email today. Will likely cancel Amazon if they don't confirm it for launch in early Nov.
Pretty sure all of their websites were hammered, but only one completely shit the bed

Same here
9TZnuhI.jpg

9TZnuhI.jpg
I wouldn't read too much into this amazon thing. Remember that There are millions of these consoles being delivered. The PS5 console is LARGE and there are only so much space on UPS/fedex/Amazon delivery trucks . I would expect that every truck will be running at capacity and they are just giving you a heads up that it may not be possible to deliver everything on launch day.

In the end I would rather get it delivered a day or 2 later then try to walk two of these to my car.

Last edited:

Karmic Raze

I wouldn't read too much into this amazon thing. Remember that There are millions of these consoles being delivered. The PS5 console is LARGE and there are only so much space on UPS/fedex/Amazon delivery trucks . I would expect that every truck will be running at capacity and they are just giving you a heads up that it may not be possible to deliver everything on launch day.

In the end I would rather get it delivered a day or 2 later then try to walk two of these to my car.

I have faith in Amazon delivering the PS5 on launch date or just shortly afterwards. I got my launch Xbox One from them with no problems, so yeah. I’ll be optimistic about this. I am just happy to have a PS5 pre-ordered. I could be like one of the poor saps that didn’t get one. Now that would be worth crying about.

MHubert

See, this was Sony's plan all along.

1) Make people acknowledge there is a limited stock
2) Make people believe they have been "chosen" amongst many to have the "privilege" of preordering the console.

Now, if Xbox prices go down, people will feel less inclined to cancel their PS5 preorder, because then they'll lose their "privilege" and won't be able to preorder again.

Sure, for fanboys it won't make a difference, but normal people that just want a next gen console with a disc drive will second guess their decision.

Scare tactics at its best.
First console, eh?

Neofire

the problem with this is that stores are opening way late (GameStop, Best Buy) and everybody is at work/working from home. That isn’t fair to them. If they actually fucking communicated and said we will open at 7am for pre orders that would be different. Hell I work evening shift every day and go in at 11, GameStop doesn’t open till 12pm.... wtf am I suppose to do in that situation? Take a day off work for a pre-order? No. There is a way to do fair online pre-orders maybe a captcha or something to stop bots. The problem is bots and they need to be combated against. Also limit one per customer while you are at it for launches.

I got a ps5 pre-order luckily, but it was a complete cluster fuck. There has to be a better way so people cannot buy 40-50 consoles and then go on eBay and rip people off.
I get what you are saying wholeheartedly but at least with actually having to go physically to a store mfs can't just clone themselves(like bots on a website) and pre order all the units just to be jackasses. The internet makes it too easy to be a flaming ass hat in regards to certain things.

Celcius

°Temp. member
fyi guys the auth charge finally fell off my card today, ordered from Target (took about 3 days). Now I guess I won't be actually charged until it ships. Nothing to do now but wait.

Last edited:
Top Bottom