• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Reveal Event now looks to be June 4th

FranXico

That fantasy game from a Japanese developer.
Ah... right. I recall coreteks mentioning that game in his video. He said he suspected that game was already using ray tracing. So the footage was not CGI, but was definitely beyond what current gen consoles can do.

mortal

Gold Member

According to its sources, PS5 will have 2 events :, one on May 27
and the second on June 4.

Mainly, the first would deal with the PS5 reveal.

At least 3 exclusive games will be shown:

- Gran Turismo.
- Bluepoint game (he knows what it is)
- and a game announced last year without a platform and became a PS5 exclusive.

Okay, what's really going on here?

May 27th, June 4th, June 6th. Someone is playing a game of telephone.
With the event being so close, you'd think these multiple sources would have corroborating details.

yurinka

- Gran Turismo.

Bullshit. If he would know what game is Bluepoint game he'd mention it. Same goes with the 'a game announced'.

If the Playstation Magazine is out on June 2nd, why would the announce the games AFTER they are already shown in a magazine?

Sony: Watch this new game from Sony Santa Monica!
Everyone: *YEah, we know! It was in the magazine and every single media outlet talked about all of them!

Makes no sense!

They will announce the games, and the magazine will talk about them. If they reveal the games on the magazine first, it would be a huge mistake from Sony.
Maybe the PS5 games mentioned in OPM are multi games to be announced at the Xbox event or at online events from the other big publishers. Not all PS5 games will be announced at Sony events, they only can announce a few of them.

That fantasy game from a Japanese developer.
Ghostwire Tokyo by Tango Gameworks maybe?

Last edited:
Am I the only one seeing neutral face here?

Neutral_face_Cinewide_0000.jpg0A2230E9-D43C-4778-8669-2383EA306C83DefaultHQ.jpg

And the V makes it look like it has arms.

I'm guessing the console is robot and I think it's a great idea that the PS5 can do housework for you.

Meetings: 08.00 - 24.00 (UK time BST)

Live Talks: 10.00am - 18.45pm (UK time BST). All talks will be recorded and made available after the live broadcast.
Quiz: 19.00 - 20.30 (UK time BST)

The GamesIndustry.biz Investment Summit is going digital on Thursday 28th May, and is sponsored by Sony Interactive Entertainment. The world's premier games investment event has previously taken place in Seattle, Boston and London, and now invites the entire world to take part in our first ever virtual conference and meeting event.

The Investment Summit is FREE for games developers, publishers, platform-holders and investors. There is a paid ticket for service companies to access the event. Each ticket gives you access to the Investment Summit meeting system, all the talks, and the GamesIndustry.quiz event.

The objective is the same: to get your game funded. Featuring games studios, publishers and investors from Australia, US, Europe and around the globe, the event includes access to the live talks (all of which will be recorded so you can access them at your convenience throughout the day) and the chance to apply for and secure one-to-one meetings via our online meeting system with publishers, platform-holders and investors. At last year's Investment Summits, there were more than 1000 formal meetings between investors and games developers.

All ticket-holders can also take part in the GamesIndustry.quiz, a fun online live quiz delivered by our resident quiz master, James Batchelor.

50+ investors, publishers and speakers already confirmed include: Sony PlayStation, Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, Kickstarter, Oculus, Humble Bundle, Kowloon Nights, Fellow Traveller, GamesCo London, MRGV, Bossa Studios, Sold Out, PlayStack, Galaxy Digital, Animal Kingdom, WINGS, Square Enix Collective, Wired Productions, Super.com, 11 Bit Studios, Those Awesome Guys, Snail Games USA, Digital Extremes, Miniclip, Curve Digital, Gearbox Publishing, tinyBuild, Quantum Astrophysicists Guild, Makers Fund, The Irregular Corporation and more on the way...

mortal

Gold Member
I think it would be best everyone curbed their expectations a bit.
Sony haven't shown anything beyond a controller up this point, so all they really have to do is just show the console, show games, and highlight some features.
I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that at the very least. Especially for a new console and software lineup releasing a mere 6 months from now.

Okay ill post this here - the Thread should be right for it - i was clicking trough Cernys Road to PS5 Presentation again and there was something that catched my Eye.. :messenger_dizzy:

maybe it is nothing but at least i gained some Gimp exp haha

so in his Speech he showed this:
oy3zJT3.jpg

So , could it be that they sneaked in a cropped Screenshot of HZD2 ? Because i think this could be Aloys right eye.

the Reflection in that Eye is hard to see but we always can guess a little , right? so i did this:

neYV3Zn.jpg

eOXK7cR.jpg

That Cave Opening would be on a Mountain Wall. It is visible on the right side outside of the opening with open Space or sky to its left.
That Small thingy could be a Watcher Bot with a little fantasy and a little loss Raytracing Detail.
The Eyes appear to have similar geometry but are not quite the same in color but sometimes Charakters recieve a change in Eye Color between Games , right? Anyway to me it appears to be a little darker green. But what do i know - iam colorblind after all .. haha - no joke :messenger_expressionless::messenger_smirking:
as reference :

W9zfT94.jpg

in very small :

U4M4rAc.jpg
;)
and Aloys Eye:

bS8Bz2e.jpg

So , if this all is more than a load of total Nonsense - i could imagine that it is part of some Cinematic Cutscene from the HZD2 reveal (wich hopefully takes place at Sonys suspected PS5 blowout in End of May \ start of June). It could be a Camera pan over the outside of the lush and wast ouside landscape right into that Cave beyond that Watcher and the cave opening and direct into Aloys Eye ..

I cen see it..
Can you?

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
Okay ill post this here - the Thread should be right for it - i was clicking trough Cernys Road to PS5 Presentation again and there was something that catched my Eye.. :messenger_dizzy:

oy3zJT3.jpg

So , could it be that they sneaked in a cropped Screenshot of HZD2 ? Because i think this could be Aloys right eye.

the Reflection in that Eye is hard to see but we always can guess a little , right? so i did this:

neYV3Zn.jpg

eOXK7cR.jpg

That Cave Opening would be on a Mountain Wall. It is visible on the right side outside of the opening with open Space or sky to its left.
That Small thingy could be a Watcher Bot with a little fantasy and a little loss Raytracing Detail.
The Eyes appear to have similar geometry but are not quite the same in color but sometimes Charakters recieve a change in Eye Color between Games , right? Anyway to me it appears to be a little darker green. But what do i know - iam colorblind after all .. haha - no joke :messenger_expressionless::messenger_smirking:
as reference :

W9zfT94.jpg

in very small :

U4M4rAc.jpg
;)
and Aloys Eye:

bS8Bz2e.jpg

So , if this all is more than a load of total Nonsense - i could imagine that it is part of some Cinematic Cutscene from the HZD2 reveal (wich hopefully takes place at Sonys suspected PS5 blowout in End of May \ start of June). It could be a Camera pan over the outside of the lush and wast ouside landscape right into that Cave beyond that Watcher and the cave opening and direct into Aloys Eye ..

I cen see it..
Can you?
That's a Battlefield V screenshot from the 2018 GamesCom trailer lmao

Last edited:
If you look closely you'll see Knack reflected in the eye. Knack 3 confirmed :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Who is this guy? Is this official info posted in a reliable place?
As I've said many times before.

The ONLY tweets that can be posted here that are reliable are tweets from:

Jason Schreir
ZhugeEX
Benji-Sales

There may be 2 or 3 more I may have missed but the above guys are very reliable. Anything else from anyone else is likely either tales from the anal realm or regurgitated tales from the anal realm from another unreliable tweet or post.

I followed that guy a very long time ago....stopped a few days ago, and blocked him. He is a joke. Make yourself a favor and don't ever post something related to him here.
Don't bet on that. We still have people that (believe it or not) post Timdog tweets here and I have said before these fake insiders and trolls are all looking for exposure and we're affording them that by posting their nonsense on this forum.

Last edited:

Goliathy

Banned
I followed that guy a very long time ago....stopped a few days ago, and blocked him. He is a joke. Make yourself a favor and don't ever post something related to him here.

he's not as bad as the "Year of the Fox (@foxygames_uk)"-guy though.

Still, would to see sony coming out and giving us a date or something at least

sendit

inFAMOUS: Second Son 2: Grunge Harder

Seriously though, if they announce a new infamous or zero dawn I'll probably leap off my couch and fly out the window like Peter Pan, carried by the winds of joy.

Horizon has a better chance of being announced. Sucker Punch has been busy with Ghost of Tsushima to even worry about a new Infamous.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

- Gran Turismo.

If this Bluepoint game isn't a remake of Demon's Souls then I'll eat my nuts. That's how confident I am!

Eanox

Hopefully we see a new ip from Sony’s 1st party devs. and I hope that we see what’s Japan studio is working on.
Here’s hoping for a new silent hill and Siren and a new Yakuza game.

yurinka

Hopefully we see a new ip from Sony’s 1st party devs. and I hope that we see what’s Japan studio is working on.
Sony released many new IPs every generation, more than anybody else. So make sure they will release more in PS5.
I think the first and maybe second Sony Japan games will be new IPs.
Btw, Konami said that the Silent Hills PS5 is fake news and isn't happening, so don't expect it. Sega seems happy with the Yakuza games, so is likely to see more of them.

thelastword

Banned

neYV3Zn.jpg

bS8Bz2e.jpg
I guess we can dream bigger. The Aloy render in Zero Dawn is much more impressive than the BFV zoom. Speaks to Zero Dawn 2 being absolute bonkers. VFX might have his doubts on whether Zero Dawn 2 can ever measure up to Zero Dawn 1 on a 2080ti though.... :messenger_beaming:…..He he, just some light ribbing VFX...

Absolutely, par for the course really....Always one of my bigger expectations and truth be told, I don't think there is one gen where Sony has not impressed with brand new IP's...…. On precedence, get ready for your socks to be knocked off by some brand new characters in some brand new worlds...Speaking of, Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone, DC, 1886, BloodBorne are brand new IP's and there's much more too....Even on the hot asphalt burning of the PS5 looming, Sony is still dropping new IP's in Tsushima...…You say a new IP, I say expect many...

D.Final

Banned

Definitely the Bluepoint game for sure

mejin

We're all starving for nextgen, but anyone should realized by now if Sony doesn't push we're fucked.
I still think Sony should at least have something for this month.

Been a while since I've posted, as I've been moving to a new location.

I didn't get to see the MS show til today, but had seen the reaction. It really was out of touch and a huge disappointment.

When you have the most powerful console out there, you need to capitalize on that..back it up with something tangible, which they failed to do.

Sony has the perfect chance here to show up strong with serious offerings, gameplay snippets, 1st party reveals. You can have a slightly weaker system and still show why you'd be a better choice based on Microsoft's current mistakes.

A part of me is beginning to wonder on both accounts--sure, Microsoft has shown a bit more on specs, system design and a bit of benchmarks, but neither company is really pushing.

The economy is in the absolute basement right now and worsens the longer this situation continues.

They both need to show up strong if they want to make the case for a system purchase right now. I sometimes foolishly wonder if they both will be delayed into next year. 6 months til launch, at most,and we don't know very much at all on what's coming or expected.

Top Bottom