• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Reveal Event Will Feature Limited Number Of Third-Party Games Not Actually Running On The Console

thelastword

Banned
Playstation-5-logo.jpg

Sony is aiming to make the PlayStation 5 reveal event focused on games that actually run on the console, according to a new report.

On the ResetEra forums, Jeff Grubbs revealed that the Japanese company is going to limit the use of the "disclaimer: this game is running in a PC environment but will be optimized for PS5.". This is definitely a good approach, as footage from such events is often misleading, showing PC builds that may not be truly representative of how the game will run on the console.

As for when this PlayStation 5 reveal event will be held, there is still no official confirmation. June 4th was singled out as the date for the event, but a more recent report suggests that Sony is moving the date around, but it will still be held in early June. The real, first look at the console itself is apparently coming before August.

The only part of the PlayStation 5 hardware we have seen so far is the DualSense controller, which will make the gaming experience feel more sensory and make gameplay sharing a little more active.

https://wccftech.com/playstation-5-reveal-event-third-party-not-running/

Aion002

But I thought PS5 was better than a PC? Why do they need to show it on a PC?
Better is not the same as more powerful... If someone think that any console at any given time is more powerful than a expensive pc, that person doesn't understand about hardware...

Also... Some claimed that the ps5 has a better ssd than those found right now on pc.... Not that the ps5 is overall better or worse...

mortal

Gold Member
Who the hell is Jeff Grubb even? Why do I know his name with zero information about his credibility?

Also your thread has the wrong title I think.

thelastword

Banned
Not sure the title fits the op
Title and OP confusing me :/
Took the title directly from the site, didn't want to change it because "I don't want anyone to accuse me of changing a source's words".

I too thought the title read somewhat odd, but if you read correctly. It says very few titles (a limited number) will not actually run on the console. In essence the majority of the games shown would be running on the console...….There are more precise ways to say the same thing, but these are the words they chose to use...

Vawn

Banned
Didn't most of those third-party developers decide to do their own shows and are no longer showing at PS5?

Bryank75

Banned
All they're saying is that it will state if the game is not running on PS5... unlike past E3's where any of the big 3 didn't bother to say whether it was or was not...

GymWolf

Reading that title then seeing that it was a thelastword topic was the funniest surprise of the day :ROFLMAO:

Very good choice of words for a ps5 positive topic my dude.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
That will be far better than showing games running on ultra powerful PCs.. who’s going to notice any difference between both consoles anyway.

We're certainly not going to notice the difference on a Youtube stream that's been compressed to hell.

Going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say it’s a badly written headline, rather than pure click bait. Unfortunately it’s just adds fuel to the console warriors fire and we end up with more nonsense from both sides.

Top Bottom