• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Reveal on June 4th Postponed

JordanN

Banned
Where are the game events that took place on those dates?
You don't know how to read.

Ongoing means, they never stopped. If Sony holds an event, it is in the way of those things...

Geki-D said:
You've decided to ignore what I said. Also please tell me how "school strike for climate", for example, are on the same level as yet another black guy getting choked to death by a cop?
You're racist.

Protests only matter when it's about a black person?
You know what, just don't debate anymore. You were doing poorly from the beginning and now you want to force an agenda into it.

Last edited:

Peebs

Neo Member
There are protests happening all around the world, every year.
Just to make sure I’m aligned here - so if Company A didn’t care about other world events, protests and disasters in the past, they forfeit their right or choice to support current and future events of a similar/same nature? Which means Company A has disqualified themselves from ever standing up to anything? Am I following your logic correctly?

so if Company A decides not to take a stand in this situation, wouldn’t that perpetuate their lack of participation in these situations thereby continuing the trend that you are all up in arms about?

See you in September... but no, Apple is showing the new Iphone.

See you in October... but no, SerieX will come that month.

See you in November.... but no....

In December....

January.... june... 2021... 2040.... there will always be something.

Sony should just tell us to move on.

Geki-D

Banned
You're racist.
Protests only matter when it's about a black person?
You really are dumb. It's your argument that Sony are apparently hypocrites because they postponed an event for this protest and not the others. Now please tell me why Sony or anyone else should value a school climate strike over the current protest.

JordanN

Banned
Just to make sure I’m aligned here - so if Company A didn’t care about other world events, protests and disasters in the past, they forfeit their right or choice to support current and future events of a similar/same nature? Which means Company A has disqualified themselves from ever standing up to anything? Am I following your logic correctly?

so if Company A decides not to take a stand in this situation, wouldn’t that perpetuate their lack of participation in these situations thereby continuing the trend that you are all up in arms about?
They can get started right now.

Last I checked, Palestinians are still being bombed. To show how "sensitive" they are, Sony must delay all future presentations until a Palestinian state is formed.

K7eUY0B.jpg

Or how about Vladimir Putin? There are protests against his existence.

Again, Sony must show how "sensitive" they are and hold off on all shows until we get another Russian leader.

iUlBxMD.jpg

Last edited:

RCU005

Like many have said, no one would pay attention to Sony’s event this week, and by no one, I mean the press that needs to forward Sony’s message about the PS5.

Right now the entire press is busy covering the protests, so there’s no way Sony can pull attention from that.

They are disguising it as a moral choice, which gives them good PR, but I can’t imagine they aren’t so upset about this delay, after they have been vocal about being frustrated for having to change all their plans due to the pandemic.

My prediction is that they will announce a new day for next week. Either they announce it on Thursday for a Tuesday event, or announce it on Monday for a Thursday event.

DavJay

I don’t like the black lives matter movements. It should be all lives matter. All equally important. I’m mixed and get some times confused as black, white, Hispanic and Asian.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

Peebs

Neo Member
They can get started right now.

Last I checked, Palestinians are still being bombed. To show how "sensitive" they are, Sony must delay all future presentations until a Palestinian state is formed.

K7eUY0B.jpg
Wow.. that’s an incredible standard you’ve arbitrarily set for all corporations around the world. No one, not any company today and in the future will ever meet that bar. Good luck with that.

carlosrox

Banned
Comparing some random dude murdered anywhere in the world with a worldwide pandemic that has caused more than 374.000 deaths, more than 6.000.000 people infected, thousands and thousands who are going to have sequels from it and a terrible worldwide economical crisis that is said it’s going to be similar to the great depression.

Yeah, totally the fucking same.

Doesn't negate anything I said. Every billion dollar entity tripped over themselves to get out their lil COVID PR marketing in and it was pathetic and transparent.

I'm aware of the narrative. Everyone is. Been crammed down our throats enough, I don't need to hear it again thanks.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Wow.. that’s an incredible standard you’ve arbitrarily set for all corporations around the world. No one, not any company today and in the future will ever meet that bar. Good luck with that.
Lol dude, you weren't following this thread.

I'm using these examples to show how full of shit Sony is for picking and choosing which protests matter.

the_master

What ongoing event is happening right now?

Covid? The show would never happen in the first place until there's a cure.
The officer? He has already been arrested.

To the rest of your post, come up with a better argument instead.

Sorry, but arresting the one officer that murdered him is enough? What about the other 3 officers that stood by watching their partner abuse and murder a civilian?
Their job is to protect the citizens of their country, instead, they allowed their partner to commit murder in front of them. They are guilty of collaborating with the murderer and a thorough investigation should be carried all up the chain to find flaws in their system and the organisation, and measures should be taken to prevent this in the future. Instead, they arrest one officer and let the others free.

This said, I am very sad the event is postponed, I was looking forward to it with all my hype. No events are ever stopped when problems like this, or worse, happen on the rest of the world.

Boss Mog

I don’t like the black lives matter movements. It should be all lives matter. All equally important. I’m mixed and get some times confused as black, white, Hispanic and Asian.
It's definitely a tribal organization that has had prominent members call for killing of whites. Black lives only matter to them when it serves that agenda, that's why you never hear them say a peep about the number one cause of preventable death for black people which is getting murdered by other black people. I guess those black lives didn't matter that much to them.

Geki-D

Banned
He really is being ridiculous. Pretty much this:
DrNka-iVsAAvJK9.jpg

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Doesn't negate anything I said. Every billion dollar entity tripped over themselves to get out their lil COVID PR marketing in and it was pathetic and transparent.

I'm aware of the narrative. Everyone is. Been crammed down our throats enough, I don't need to hear it again thanks.
Just a sidenote, did you get banned on Ree? Because I was definitely PM few messages with someone of your avatar...

And as for all of this, thank you so much, so I know how much other people matters, just fuck off. "Listen eurofags, US masterrace have some issues" It's like when Stalin died, why bother. Fuck you. iNclUsIviTY™

Chankoras

I'm using these examples to show how full of shit Sony is for picking and choosing which protests matter.
You won the moral high ground against a corporation with thousands of employees, board of directors, stock holders, but lost the common "business" sense one. You know why the chose in the way they did.

I can't believe Sony would postpone the event because it wouldn't have media attention and coverage.

If they are doing it, this is beyond cowardice and lack of trust in the brand.

I hope they truly believe that they are helping the fight against racism.

JordanN

Banned
Sorry, but arresting the one officer that murdered him is enough?
What exactly are you asking for?

There's almost nobody in this world who even think the murder is ok. We even had the U.S president order the FBI to investigate the entire scene of the crime.

Considering there are crimes that go unsolved, I would say that's a huge effort in itself to put everyone responsible on trial (if it's not been done already).

But the protests, what does that have to do with Sony or anyone? Again, only some people are pushing this warped idea that there are people in this world who want police violence? Who?
Because it's not Trump, who is quite figuratively and literally, the head of the United States government.

Last edited:
I'd laugh thoroughly if they delayed the PS5 reveal because PS5 has a mainly white exterior (I mean, look at the dual sense controller.. you think it'll be mainly black?) that they were planning on showing.

Sony likely would want to avoid any sort of subliminal white supremecy backlash in connection to the whole black lives matter stuff because PlayStation hardware has historically been black in color previously.

It's a long shot, but rofl if true. Gaming so political these days. Like, IT'S A COLOR PPL, THERE ARE NO RACIAL CONNOTATIONS UNLESS OBVIOUSLY POINTING TOWARDS IT.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Dis

JordanN

Banned
You won the moral high ground against a corporation with thousands of employees, board of directors, stock holders, but lost the common "business" sense one. You know why the chose in the way they did.
You can turn anything into a business excuse.

But it's mighty convenient that companies got together and pushed this one all of a sudden. Especially when the rest of the world still exists.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
did you get banned on Ree?

Yup. All because I dared to say that smug little shit with the MAGA hat who smiled in that native guy's face at that protest a few years back deserved the harassment he was getting.

Oh no, how offensive! A shitstain and his trash family deserves harrassment! Better call the offended police!

Yet the entire site can collectively shit on whoever they fuck they want.

Jon Neu

Banned

Company A is showing an enourmous deal of classism, ignoring far more greater tragedies without giving a single fuck but caring so much about a tragedy that is mediatic and can give them so many virtue points and sympathies among people that constitute an excellent market for them.

So it’s not about the cause or the tragedy, but about how the correct cause and tragedy can make your image brand better in the eyes of the people that matters to you far more than those other people over there dealing with far worse tragedies that you don’t care about because they aren’t that cool and profitable.

Peebs

Neo Member

No, I am following this thread. And I don’t know why you think it’s possible for any person or corporation to get involved in all world events - any logical person will understand that you HAVE to pick and choose. You might not agree with what they chose but it’s still a ‘pick and choose’ game nonetheless. Sony is company of people that have finite time, focus and resources, you can’t possibly expect them to be involved in all these world events do you?

Maybe you disagree with their criteria in choosing? If so, by whose criteria? Yours? In this case, it becomes subjective and contextual in nature and would be hard to argue because we aren’t privy to how Sony makes these assessments. But it’s obvious that Sony believes this case is worth standing for and so they chose this over others.

Geki-D

Banned
Welp, on the bright side....SEGA's still doing their thing on the 4th, right? We can still look forward to that. It'd be kinda funny if SEGA spooked Sony to postpone (hey I'm just trying to have a friendly laugh amid all of this).
...? Sega aren't doing anything on the 4th. Unless you consider an article in Famitsu to be a massive event...

JordanN

Banned
Are you saying this isn't about business?
It's bit of a trick question.

I guess I'm saying you can make a business move but also unnecessary ones? Like imagine if I sold water bottles but they're full of sand. It's still business but they should have had water instead.
Or if I sold water bottles but all the caps are missing? Again, it makes business "sense" but it's still laziness to do it.

Last edited:
Yup. All because I dared to say that smug little shit with the MAGA hat who smiled in that native guy's face at that protest a few years back deserved the harassment he was getting.

Oh no, how offensive! A shitstain and his trash family deserves harrassment! Better call the offended police!

Yet the entire site can collectively shit on whoever they fuck they want.
Wait what?

TheMan

bummed to hear this, I was looking forward to this quite a bit.

but it's understandable. Just not a good time, for obvious reasons.

JordanN

Banned
No, I am following this thread. And I don’t know why you think it’s possible for any person or corporation to get involved in all world events - any logical person will understand that you HAVE to pick and choose.
I don't think they had to pick at all.
Because that's clearly how the company was prior to 2020. And many others operated the same way.

Last year, no company was stopping their business despite there being the "climate protests" (which was pretty global so you couldn't have missed it) but this year companies are like "ok guys, this one protest in the U.S that skews heavily towards race is where we make a stand".

Chankoras

It's bit of a trick question.

I guess I'm saying you can make a business move but also unnecessary ones? Like imagine if I sold water bottles but they're full of sand. It's still business but they should have had water instead.
Or if I sold water bottles but all the caps are missing? Again, it makes business "sense" but it's still laziness to do it.
I don't understand how your example compares to the current situation.
What laziness has to do with anything, do you think these decisions are taken lightly?

Top Bottom