• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Reveal on June 4th Postponed

Peebs

Neo Member
Y
Company A is showing an enourmous deal of classism, ignoring far more greater tragedies without giving a single fuck but caring so much about a tragedy that is mediatic and can give them so many virtue points and sympathies among people that constitute an excellent market for them.

So it’s not about the cause or the tragedy, but about how the correct cause and tragedy can make your image brand better in the eyes of the people that matters to you far more than those other people over there dealing with far worse tragedies that you don’t care about because they aren’t that cool and profitable.
You characterization of their motives and the situation they picked to support are highly subjective to your own perspective and would even say the populist take on these ‘evil’ corporations. A business angle will always be part of the decision-making as it is integral to the system no matter the choice. It is a false to assume that there is some 100% selfless advocacy without any consideration to the impact to brand and bottom line. And choices aren’t only based on how ‘worse’ a tragedy is, I would also think it accounts for how much impact a company could make, how much time and investment, etc. It’s a moral choice but not just.

...or Sony leadership feels strongly about this one and went all in to support it. That simple.

JordanN

Banned
What exactly?
You said if I know if these decisions were taken lightly.
Anyone within Sony's leadership could have been for or against it. I'm not going to assume how this decision process works unless someone from the inside comes out and explains it to us.

Last edited:

JLMC469

Banned
Well not entirely. Girlfriends grandad passed away yesterday due to COVID so that was a pretty big shock as we were just starting to feel like things were back to normal

Was a reminder that we still need to take caution though

My condolences. If more people had that same mentality we would be a lot safer.

Gamerguy84

Im OK with this. Its coming, soon.

In the past I may have got riled up but this is 2020 and a lot of bad shit is happening. Now Ebola is breaking out in the Congo again.

Its all coming and soon, the timing wasnt right.

Chankoras

You said if I know if these decisions were taken lightly.
Anyone within Sony's leadership could have been for or against it. I'm not going to assume how this decision process works unless someone from the inside comes out and explains it to us.
I know they don't take those decisions lightly, there is too much money on the table, too many moving parts, planning etc, you don't need people on the inside to figure that one out, but that's not what I asked, my question was if you believe this decision are taken lightly.

Bryank75

Banned
Disappointing...

rW7OmVM.gif

Last edited:

otakugamer

Neo Member
this what you gain from move the headquarters of PlayStation video game unit to USA , starting with new bullshit of policy of censorship gaming to Postpone their event

Dory16

Banned
Sony doesn't deserve any points for postponing their show. I have never seen anyone even remotely non white on stage for any of their shows and God knows I've watched a lot of E3. Lol @ "our black creators, our black gamers, etc.." They really just mean our black money.
At least Xbox has level 0.00001 diversity in their inside xbox and recent game stacks showcases.
I hope Sony doesn't think postponing an event until they no longer have to share the media attention makes them woke.

JordanN

Banned
I know they don't take those decisions lightly, there is too much money on the table, too many moving parts, planning etc, you don't need people on the inside to figure that one out, but that's not what I asked, my question was if you believe this decision are taken lightly.
Well, to get that answer from me, you have to go back last page and read an important reply I made to someone else.

Last year, no company was stopping their business despite there being the "climate protests" (which was pretty global so you couldn't have missed it) but this year companies are like "ok guys, this one protest in the U.S that skews heavily towards race is where we make a stand".

I think corporate culture plays a big role in this. For example, who would make a decision where you don't actually lose money but use it to push another agenda? If someone within the company did crunch the numbers and thought there was no financial risk in having to delay, then what exactly was the real motive?

Because that might as well describe Sony of yesteryear vs today. My thoughts on their decision making process swings either way. They could have taken it lightly, or there where those inside who really hated it.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Sony doesn't deserve any points for postponing their show. I have never seen anyone even remotely non white on stage for any of their shows and God knows I've watched a lot of E3. Lol @ "our black creators, our black gamers, etc.." They really just mean our black money.
At least Xbox has level 0.00001 diversity in their inside xbox and recent game stacks showcases.
I hope Sony doesn't think postponing an event until they no longer have to share the media attention makes them woke.
Japanese and Muslim people don't count?

zcaa0g

Banned
Don't derail the thread or attack people. Discuss like an adult.
I usually remember people who I've talked to, so who is your irrelevant ass again?

So you live in Iceland. Pretty country, but that's where it stops. Shitty drivers and shitty food among other things. I would feel sorry for you, but you're a piece of shit.

Last edited:
So you live in Iceland. Pretty country, but that's where it stops. Shitty drivers and shitty food among other things.. I would feel sorry for you, but you're a piece of shit.

Higher average salary, lower homicide rates, lower unemployment rate. Basically we don't have stupid people

I do actually feel sorry for you though. If I don't pity those beneath me what kind of person would I be?

Last edited:

breakfuss

US isnt the world, damn.

And this just makes people dislike "black mentality" even more.

One cop kills one black dude -> yes it is logical to start rioting, looting, stealing and violence!

That already is enough to show why some people dislike blacks in general as they act like savages. (Not all but enough to make some people dislike it)

And now the reveal is ruined because of their ape shit stupid savagery.

Would have been completely fine to have the event as rest of the world doesnt care.

*I hate and despise all colour of people that riot, steal, be violent, rage instead of speak calmly or strangle handcuffed dudes. But they have nothing to do with ps5. Smart people stay in and game anyways

what in the actual fuck.

Dr Bass

Kaz Hirai?

CurtBizzy

It really isn't funny. First of all, free PS5s aren't going to be a drop in the bucket for what black people require to reach some semblance of equivalency in America.

Patronizing twitter posts like this piss me the fuck off...and talking about wearing black face, whether joking or not, just further exacerbates the notion of how insensitive people are to the real struggle black people are going through.

Apologize...immediately.
I'm black myself, i apologize I offended you

ethomaz

Banned
No it's not, stop peddling this bullshit.

London has a bunch of uppity rich kids that have been locked up and bored for a few weeks, of course they're protesting. Those fuckwits would protest protesting if it was something to do. I can't speak for the whole of Europe but apart from those super-glued to social media, nobody gives a fuck.
Do some research first.
The protest are not happening in US only lol

Chankoras

Well, to get that answer from me, you have to go back last page and read an important reply I made to someone else.

I think corporate culture plays a big role in this. For example, who would make a decision where you don't actually lose money but use it to push another agenda? If someone within the company did crunch the numbers and thought there was no financial risk in having to delay, then what exactly was the real motive?

Because that might as well describe Sony of yesteryear vs today. My thoughts on their decision making process swings either way. They could have taken it lightly, or there where those inside who really hated it.
What you're saying isn't completely factual, many investment firms are "decarbonizing" their portfolios, https://www.petroleum-economist.com.../asset-managers-deliver-brutal-verdict-on-oil I'm talking about blackrock and other large firms.
You talking about real motive, probably more than one, ESG plays a big role in corporate governance nowadays.

Peebs

Neo Member
I don't think they had to pick at all.
Because that's clearly how the company was prior to 2020. And many others operated the same way.

Last year, no company was stopping their business despite there being the "climate protests" (which was pretty global so you couldn't have missed it) but this year companies are like "ok guys, this one protest in the U.S that skews heavily towards race is where we make a stand".
Hmm.. that’s not exactly accurate, Sony has had advocacies in the past, this isn’t the first time they’re supporting a social issue. And no, they’re not stopping business - they’re delaying a single event which was scheduled on the same day as the memorial service.

sendit

Higher average salary, lower homicide rates, lower unemployment rate. Basically we don't have stupid people

I do actually feel sorry for you though. If I don't pity those beneath me what kind of person would I be?

A island versus a massive continent. For some reason I doubt applying how Iceland is governed to how the US is governed would not work out to well based on this stat alone:

Population
~364,134 (Iceland)
~328.2 million (US)

A island versus a massive continent. For some reason I doubt applying how Iceland is governed to how the US is governed would not work out to well based on this stat alone:

Population
~364,134 (Iceland)
~328.2 million (US)

I mean yeah it doesn't help that your government is dogshit in the first place so you're definitely not going to see many improvements there regardless of size

Coolwhhip

Neophyte

Population
~364,134 (Iceland)
~328.2 million (US)

Hah, that reminds me of people applauding countries like New Zealand on their corona handling. Like 5 people living on a giant island.

kyoji

US isnt the world, damn.

And this just makes people dislike "black mentality" even more.

One cop kills one black dude -> yes it is logical to start rioting, looting, stealing and violence!

That already is enough to show why some people dislike blacks in general as they act like savages. (Not all but enough to make some people dislike it)

And now the reveal is ruined because of their ape shit stupid savagery.

Would have been completely fine to have the event as rest of the world doesnt care.

*I hate and despise all colour of people that riot, steal, be violent, rage instead of speak calmly or strangle handcuffed dudes. But they have nothing to do with ps5. Smart people stay in and game anyways
Please close neogaf turn off your gaming consoles and read some books/educate yourself. You are part of the problem of why people get stereotyped.

Im not going to waste any time with you but this is just one of hundreds of examples of whats going on and that you can find on social media. Im not trying to incite a race war, your comments are just plain ignorant.

There are more videos like this with people staging pallets of bricks or kkk members disgused as protestors busting out glass to businesses then fleeing the scene to incite looting/more rioting.

R6Rider

Gold Member
No dude. We are all inbreds. Let him wall us off. He’s the Superior Being.

Population
~364,134 (Iceland)
~328.2 million (US)

Don't forget all they have is the IDF and it only exist itself because the US agreed to defend them. He talks a lot of shit about another country when of course his country is mostly free of problems when hardly anybody lives there. Basically an island that completely relies on other countries.

That's like bragging about an island of 5 people having low unemployment.

Top Bottom