• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Reveal on June 4th Postponed

Sony doesn't deserve any points for postponing their show. I have never seen anyone even remotely non white on stage for any of their shows and God knows I've watched a lot of E3. Lol @ "our black creators, our black gamers, etc.." They really just mean our black money.
At least Xbox has level 0.00001 diversity in their inside xbox and recent game stacks showcases.
I hope Sony doesn't think postponing an event until they no longer have to share the media attention makes them woke.
Non white? C'mon, they are a japanese company lol

JordanN

Banned
Hmm.. that’s not exactly accurate, Sony has had advocacies in the past, this isn’t the first time they’re supporting a social issue. And no, they’re not stopping business - they’re delaying a single event which was scheduled on the same day as the memorial service.
Well, I'm just going to treat this as an example going forward.

Lets see what happens next year and which events/protests companies put their focus on? For example, in the USA there are more than 500 police shootings a year. If any one of them where to land on the same or similar date as a presentation, clearly we should see the entire media and all companies get whipped up again.... right?

Last edited:
Don't forget all they have is the IDF and it only exist itself because the US agreed to defend them. He talks a lot of shit about another country when of course his country is mostly free of problems when hardly anybody lives there. Basically an island that completely relies on other countries.

That's like bragging about an island of 5 people having low unemployment.

You can bitch and moan all you want but at the end of the day your country is delving deeper and deeper into a shit hole.

Sorry not sorry :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:
You can bitch and moan all you want but at the end of the day your country is delving deeper and deeper into a shit hole.

giphy.gif

Needlecrash

This is a Catch 22. If Sony held the event, they'll most likely get a lot of shit for being insensitive, not caring about lives and putting video games ahead of anything else. I've personally seen numerous gaming companies put out their statements with regards to current events and Sony is on board as well.

If Sony doesn't hold the event? You have to deal with the blowback of people that were looking forward to some good news this week, people that need some form of an escape to cope with the shitty state of our country, etc. But also, the reveal would be overshadowed by current US events.

No matter how you look at it, Sony is trying to foster good will to masses from a horrible situation and that means delaying the PS5 reveal. I'm very eager to get more information on this as well but I can wait.

Last edited:

down 2 orth

The irony is that Sony is run by conservative Japanese executives who would fight to the death to prevent woke from values taking over their country, or heaven forbid, their families.

-Arcadia-

Banned
This is a Catch 22. If Sony held the event, they'll get so much shit from EVERYONE for being insensitive, not caring about lives and you're putting video games ahead of anything else.

You don't hold the event? You have to deal with the blowback of people that were looking forward to some good news this week, people that need some form of an escape to cope with the shitty state of our country, etc. But also, the reveal would be overshadowed by current US events.

“Everyone”

Like gamers give a shit about a bunch of retards looting and smashing things, when there’s next-gen news to be beheld.

As far as George Floyd goes, that’s tragic, but people die every day, and we don’t delay gaming events. Likewise, I don’t buy the narrative that it was absolutely racism, or anything more than poor policing.

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
I hope the new date will have better time too, Jim make it late evening Japan and early UK time.
I say fuck the US-A pacific time nonsense. :messenger_pensive:

-Arcadia-

Banned
The irony is that Sony is run by conservative Japanese executives who would fight to the death to prevent woke from values taking over their country, or heaven forbid, their families.

Not really, anymore. A good chunk of their (or PlayStation’s) operations have moved to a Cali HQ, precipitating this... unfortunate change we’ve seen from the company, from censorship to this.

Say what you will of their stance, or especially the given rationale (about voices needing to be heard in a background of cities burning... it's not exactly voices that are heard... just sayin').

You don't do a big product unveiling event like that in the middle of all this civil unrest (I agree with the cause, but the current "anti-racism" movement is being used by tons of bad actors, and people are taking advantage of this situation to let out the worst).

So they have to wait, no matter what, I would have put the release on hold.

zcaa0g

Banned
Higher average salary, lower homicide rates, lower unemployment rate. Basically we don't have stupid people

I do actually feel sorry for you though. If I don't pity those beneath me what kind of person would I be?

The higher average salary nullified by higher cost of living. Boasting about lower homicide rates in a country of a mere 360,000 proved my point previously. Nothing to do there, so you want to boast about homicide rates. You're a sad little individual. It's a nice place to visit once but no one wants to live there except idiots like you.

Last edited:

zcaa0g

Banned

Says the guy that lives in a country where over 40% of the economy relies on tourism. Talk about putting your eggs all in one basket. You better pray they come up with a vaccine for Covid-19.

Says the guy that lives in a country where over 40% of the economy relies on tourism. Talk about putting your eggs all in one basket. You better pray they come up with a vaccine for Covid-19.

Man if anyone tells me they want to rustle the jimmies of some Americans i'll let them know gaf is your go-to place lmao

Last edited:
Man if anyone tells me they want to rustle the jimmies of some Americans i'll let them know gaf is your go-to place lmao

I would think most people would at least raise an eyebrow when someone calls them inbred, inferior, and stupid while wishing they would be walled off from the rest of the world (especially when that person then proceeds to make blanket statements about the black community). All just gross generalizations based strictly on where people are born. Oh, ESPECIALLY when this person says all of this on a gaming forum, in a thread about Sony canceling an event.

You talked shit. Don’t ask surprised you got called on it.

Last edited:
I would think most people would at least raise an eyebrow when someone calls them inbred, inferior, and stupid while wishing they would be walled off from the rest of the world (especially when that person then proceeds to make blanket statements about the black community). Oh, and all on a gaming forum.

You talked shit. Don’t ask surprised you got called on it.

Chunky get over the inbred comment already lol

Dante83

Banned
I always thought that they were going to delay it regardless. It just feels off, just something about it.

Last edited:

Vitter.

Don't worry guys they'll be able to sell this product to you at another time and the ps5 will come out.

There is some more important shit going on in the world then being able to buy or see a next gen console
Even tough it's true.. There is always important shit going on in the world like there was a similar situation in Chile last year or the continuous wars...
it's just a marketing move and as it is a situation IN the US it's resonating more = more exposure.

Last edited:

Gold_Loot

Lets see what happens next year and which events/protests companies put their focus on? For example, in the USA there are more than 500 police shootings a year. If any one of them where to land on the same or similar date as a presentation, clearly we should see the entire media and all companies get whipped up again.... right?
If said events caused worldwide protest/rioting, then, yes?

marianus

Not really, anymore. A good chunk of their (or PlayStation’s) operations have moved to a Cali HQ, precipitating this... unfortunate change we’ve seen from the company, from censorship to this.
Do not worry for Sony do not censor everything. They don't censor the half naked little girls in Gal Gun 2 but they censor the hot springs mission in One Piece World Seeker. I guess it is ok to see childlike characters almost naked and sexualised but not ok to see big breast women in bikinis.

Cptmurdap

Banned
Racism is political...lol some of you guys please try to put your in feet in someone else's shoes for a second the lack of empathy is showing as well as the ignorance...the games will be shown soon. Stop living in your bubble one day of your life and you will see the injustice that minorities around the globe suffer..smh

JordanN

Banned
Well, I may be wrong but I don’t recall riots and looters on this side of the world do to it I also don’t recall any Sony events being cancelled due to Lebanon.
but , whatever though. It is what it is.
So wait, why is rioting and looting being lumped in this criteria?
Maybe these companies should be standing with the police instead?

Because I'm not going to buy a PS5 while dodging cement bricks.

Last edited:

marianus

Racism is political...lol some of you guys please try to put your in feet in someone else's shoes for a second the lack of empathy is showing as well as the ignorance...the games will be shown soon. Stop living in your bubble one day of your life and you will see the injustice that minorities around the globe suffer..smh
What does this have to do with video games again?

Cptmurdap

Banned
What does this have to do with video games again?
Everything if a private company decided it wasn't the right time to show something..human life and equality is more important to video games unless you don't view certain individuals as humans.. what they did was a two prong stance for business and for their version of being moral...to be honest as soon as I heard the services were being held for George Floyd on Thursday I knew Sony wouldn't do the event...it takes to much of the press and it would be in bad taste to do so..people act like you can't kill 2 birds with on stone you can and Sony proved it for the majority of humans..am I disappointed of course I already have my days off but you know what as a Black man I prefer being treated as a real human with human emotions more important than a reveal which is going to happen anyway..

JordanN

Banned
India has a bigger population than most European countries. So does China.

This fact gets ignored a lot in favor of always blaming another group. Or that some of these same countries voted in governments that brought about their own ruin.

Instead the problem isn't always injustice, it can also be making poor choices.

Last edited:

Cptmurdap

Banned
India has a bigger population than most European countries. So does China.

That little factoid gets ignored a lot in favor of always blaming another group.
Why does everyone always have to redirect the conversation I'm talking about the US not China and India and specifically about Black and Brown people in the US..stop making excuses it is what it is just because you haven't done anything specific to your actions doesn't mean that a certain percentage doesn't..take my word as a Black man and deal with if it was my first time playing hockey and you told me which skates were the best I would listen to you.

Peebs

Neo Member

You keep missing the forest from the trees. This isn’t just about one unfortunate death. Unless you’ve been living under a rock this whole time, it is very evident that it served as a catalyst to everything going on up to this point (and still goin’). This incident has led to significant ripple effects all throughout the US and some parts of the world across several key issues. Sony is just weighing in and letting their stance known but this, as you can see with your very own eyes, is much, much bigger than one company’s reaction.

JordanN

Banned
Why does everyone always have to redirect the conversation I'm talking about the US not China and India and specifically about Black and Brown people in the US..stop making excuses it is what it is just because you haven't done anything specific to your actions doesn't mean that a certain percentage doesn't..take my word as a Black man and deal with if it was my first time playing hockey and you told me which skates were the best I would listen to you.
You literally just said "see the injustice that minorities around the globe suffer ". There are countries where non-white people do hold the majority and run the government.

And in regards to the USA, again, poor choices and actual racism are not mutually exclusive.

It's nuts to say every Black and Brown person is suffering. Just by sheer population, there are just as many White Americans who are also in poverty or murdered by the police. Racism isn't what has to hold them down, you can get people who choose to fail school or become drug dealers. That's not something you can fix or throw money at without the individual choosing to improve themselves.

Last edited:
Top Bottom