• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Reveal on June 4th Postponed

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I can wait, currently I'm way more excited for upcoming games coming on current gen systems more than PS5.

sendit

Everything if a private company decided it wasn't the right time to show something..human life and equality is more important to video games unless you don't view certain individuals as humans.. what they did was a two prong stance for business and for their version of being moral...to be honest as soon as I heard the services were being held for George Floyd on Thursday I knew Sony wouldn't do the event...it takes to much of the press and it would be in bad taste to do so..people act like you can't kill 2 birds with on stone you can and Sony proved it for the majority of humans..am I disappointed of course I already have my days off but you know what as a Black man I prefer being treated as a real human with human emotions more important than a reveal which is going to happen anyway..

Agreed. I too am dissappointed that Sony delayed their event (However, I do understand). The fact that some people in here turned this thread in to some console war conspiracy is pretty sad on their part.

Jesb

I didn’t think it was needed to do this but looking at their side you have to put yourself in their shoes I guess. I mean they are showing their face in this presentation and they are supposed to put on a good face and have a celebrated feel during the presentation. Maybe it’s a lot to ask to put on a good face with all that’s happening. I’m just reading about children being killed in this riot and I’m just furious about these cowards. But we do need some cheering up. A part of me says it should’ve continued on the 4th. Another says maybe it’s the right move. I don’t know. Hope you all stay safe.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Only bright side viewpoint to this is.. the longer until the reveals, the shorter the wait after to get the system and play the games.
It sucks l, but I think we all get it.

sevoro

Why does everyone always have to redirect the conversation I'm talking about the US not China and India and specifically about Black and Brown people in the US..stop making excuses it is what it is just because you haven't done anything specific to your actions doesn't mean that a certain percentage doesn't..take my word as a Black man and deal with if it was my first time playing hockey and you told me which skates were the best I would listen to you.
It's because people want to prove their "point", they really aren't thinking critically. Using some faux logic to make their point seem like a "gotcha moment".

The fact is the more interconnected the world becomes, the more societal, political industries will become. Companies will then have to work around that, even video games.

The people who just want to ignore that are either ignorant or lacking in empathy. Personally I wish there was no delay, but I understand why. You have to be thinking more about profits and appealing to society than a bunch of out of touch gamers who cry "wah politics", the former produces better results in the long run. This is the logical point of view using some emotion. Also protests are going on worldwide.... So to say this is just the U.S is just ignorant and stupid, no offence, just stating facts.

JordanN

Banned
You keep missing the forest from the trees. This isn’t just about one unfortunate death. Unless you’ve been living under a rock this whole time, it is very evident that it served as a catalyst to everything going on up to this point (and still goin’). This incident has led to significant ripple effects all throughout the US and some parts of the world across several key issues. Sony is just weighing in and letting their stance known but this, as you can see with your very own eyes, is much, much bigger than one company’s reaction.
Well it didn't have to be, and honestly, we can blame the very same media for blowing things out of proportion.

Any of those 500 shooting deaths could have caused the same thing, yet this one was somehow different even when the President was the first to order an condemnation and a federal investigation makes it look very.... strange.

DrAspirino

Banned
I mean I get why they are doing it. Not because Sony cares so much about this protest shit. But because the news will barely pick up PS5 because of it. So it's a marketing decision disguised as some moral choice.
You know what puzzles me the most? Sony postponing the PS5 games presentation over what's going on within the USA, BUT having their biggest stronghold in Europe and Asia. Postponing the event over what happened on the US is basically dismissing their european and asian audience (when they have nothing to do with what happens within the USA).

There's some shady shit going on here but its certainly NOT Sony caring for the protests.

Maybe it has to do with the Sega announcement the same day? hmm... :pie_thinking:

Last edited:
I highly doubt they give a fuck in reality. They just know that the event will not have as much importance this week considering everything going on.

_Justinian_

Gold Member
Well it didn't have to be, and honestly, we can blame the very same media for blowing things out of proportion.

Any of those 500 shooting deaths could have caused the same thing, yet this one was somehow different even when the President was the first to order an condemnation and a federal investigation makes it look very.... strange.
Have you been paying any attention to the news at all over the past few months? This has nothing to do with "those 500 shooting deaths".

_Justinian_

Gold Member
Anyway, I kind of wish they didn't postpone it. We need more of this news going on, too. Just like with the SpaceX launch.

Peebs

Neo Member

Why this over any other incident is a conversation for another time, another category and another thread :)

But it was nice exchanging thoughts and points of view with you! Have a good day!

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Have you been paying any attention to the news at all over the past few months? This has nothing to do with "those 500 shooting deaths".
If you want to tell me, I'm all ears.
Tell me in your own words, what significant factor lead to the protest that people were just unable to suppress it like the last couple of years without riots?

scalman

I thought its gona be online event and prerecorded, hows that affected by real life i dont get it.
Just show it. People will watch it and be happy about it. Wtf sony?

Last edited:

devilNprada

It's nuts to say every Black and Brown person is suffering. Just by sheer population, there are just as many White Americans who are also in poverty or murdered by the police. Racism isn't what has to hold them down, you can get people who choose to fail school or become drug dealers. That's not something you can fix or throw money at without the individual choosing to improve themselves.

If you want to lump it into a category.. Mentally ill are harrased beaten and killed far more than any race..., "Mentally ill lives don't particularly matter" is the new movement I'm starting.

I thought its gona be online event and prerecorded, hows that affected by real life i dont get it.
Just show it. People will watch it and be happy about it. Wtf sony?
They don't want to do it this week because they know their marketing will be drown out by all the rioting shit, they don't care about anything going on they just want a free and clear path to market their console.

They're trash, and trying to mask this very obvious reality by virtue signaling.

Smoke6

This is sad that a company can’t even put something above them out of respect for a moment in time without getting g assaulted for it!

Damn shame man, and word on the street that this is just pushed back a week is all!

very weak of most of you in here man!

This is sad that a company can’t even put something above them out of respect for a moment in time without getting g assaulted for it!

Damn shame man, and word on the street that this is just pushed back a week is all!

This is pretty naive of you.

They don't want to do it this week because they know their marketing will be drown out by all the rioting shit, they don't care about anything going on they just want a free and clear path to market their console.

They're trash, and trying to mask this very obvious reality by virtue signaling.
Here's what is actually going on.

scalman

Everyday something will happen in the world, so what? Now they gonna postpon for everything, do they not get it? We sitting at homes waiting for something cool and new to watch online here, yes while world burning or dying etc so what?
Yh hope it would leak now and ruin their surprise all together.

Psykodad

Banned

Gamers always manage to find a new low.

JordanN

Banned
So what do we call it when companies do the complete opposite? Do you still view them as saints or opportunists?

Can't have it both ways. My personal motto is: no one is above criticism.

I even say the same about Trump, even though I find the opposition more ridiculous. But blindly following people or companies without question is never good.

Last edited:

scalman

Dragon demo crew 2 launch showed that people are interested in this no matter real life world hunger, wars etc. So thats just stupid move.

Smoke6

This is pretty naive of you.

Here's what is actually going on.
Really???

because I didn’t know there were people who can read minds and see through someone and their actions from overseas!

every damn company is doing the same damn thing and have been expressing the same sentiments across the board all week long!

like what the actual fuck is wrong with y’all man! It’s just a fucking console and we have people lives out here being ruined from some shit we silently protested about years ago and been praying and shit for the past 400 to get y’all to understand and treat as just as equally as our white peers!

now it’s chaos and your precious game reveals gets delayed and you still don’t give a fuck!

fuck the fuck off!!!

sevoro

Everyday something will happen in the world, so what? Now they gonna postpon for everything, do they not get it? We sitting at homes waiting for something cool and new to watch online here, yes while world burning or dying etc so what?
Yh hope it would leak now and ruin their surprise all together.
The protests are happening all over the world at the moment, if they go through with their conference, they will most likely lose profits. If you don't realise that this is huge, then you either lack empathy or are just 100% ignorant in this case. Sure people die, and something atrocious happens everyday, sure most people move on and work as normal, but there are times when people have had enough and industries around the world will have to acknowledge that because social media and other things.

That's just the way the world works now. If one person dies it's no biggie, however if a person dies and then a group decides they have had enough then things will stop rotating at least for a while. You'll still get your games don't worry.

Really???

because I didn’t know there were people who can read minds and see through someone and their actions from overseas!

every damn company is doing the same damn thing and have been expressing the same sentiments across the board all week long!

like what the actual fuck is wrong with y’all man! It’s just a fucking console and we have people lives out here being ruined from some shit we silently protested about years ago and been praying and shit for the past 400 to get y’all to understand and treat as just as equally as our white peers!

now it’s chaos and your precious game reveals gets delayed and you still don’t give a fuck!

fuck the fuck off!!!
No one cares about any of that, they've continually screwed around their consumer base and it's getting old. They made a pre-recorded video, there's no reason not to release it.

scalman

They affraid that looters wont see event because will be too busy stealing and damaging shit on streets? Dont worry they will have time later on them new TVs and other stuff they stole...thats why you make it online so anyone can watch it other time when they could.
How could they loose profit? Well they will now im sure of those stupid moves. If i would put some new product to show online now it would be as good time as ever.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
No one cares about any of that, they've continually screwed around their consumer base and it's getting old. They made a pre-recorded video, there's no reason not to release it.
Here's something that will blow people's minds.

Imagine tomorrow Sony changes their minds and said they're dropping all the new info now.

Does anyone in this thread seriously believe these people will turn against them? Nope. They might even praise them for it.

I'm just choosing to be skeptical, because that's how companies are. They're not your friends who are doing some kind of moral work.

LordKasual

Banned
It seems like a good portion of NeoGAF's vocal population would much rather if nobody spoke or acted on anything

No matter how severe, historic, nothing. The only thing that matters is maintaining your level of comfort and the ability to feign oblivious to problems you don't want to care about.

I really wanna see PS5 shit, but this has made me extremely happy.

As depressing as news is these days....nothing makes me happier than knowing that there are manchildren throwing tantrums over a company postponing their console reveal.

And the craziest part is, they aren't mad because it's delayed....they're mad SOLELY because it's in response to a political issue they don't view as legitimate enough to affect their lives.

I thought the Console War threads were crazy....this is fucking ART

Just look at how easily the minds of people can be twisted from supportive/neutral to just straight vitriol through nothing more than public empathy to something

Last edited:

Cptmurdap

Banned
I invite you to do the same. What is happening right now in the united states its not a global issue, its not a race issue, its an issue of the united states.
I am not in a bubble. I know for a fact it is a race issue within the United States. It may not be global but it definitely is affecting the world as little as it may seem it's having an effect at least based on Sony postponement

scalman

I thought it just discusion. Ill change my mind in few hrs about this anyway.
People taking other ppl thoughts too seriously here. But yh its stupid move still. Ohh look riots, well postpone our game now...

Last edited:

sevoro

Besides the lack of profits? Or bad will that would be garnered if they do release it? I'm a company I'm going to focus on my relations more than satisfying the irate "gamers". At least that's what their risk analysts would think. They care as much as it is possible for a conglomerate are able to care.

Also a majority of people who buy video games don't really care about postponement, or at least real people. This is a small message board.

I do believe there are more people who care about the political turmoil going on right now though and are for BLM, now get this I said believe, I have no proof. So to argue a belief would be redundant. Anyways, that's just what I think. Whether this is true or not I have no idea, unless I look at every transcript Sony has ever made.

Last edited:

Cptmurdap

Banned
You literally just said "see the injustice that minorities around the globe suffer ". There are countries where non-white people do hold the majority and run the government.

And in regards to the USA, again, poor choices and actual racism are not mutually exclusive.

It's nuts to say every Black and Brown person is suffering. Just by sheer population, there are just as many White Americans who are also in poverty or murdered by the police. Racism isn't what has to hold them down, you can get people who choose to fail school or become drug dealers. That's not something you can fix or throw money at without the individual choosing to improve themselves.
Please educate yourself on the state of urban areas in the US as far as funding and other things go. Then come back and most of the Black and Brown are suffering right now..Anger, Hurt suffering is more than be financially stable.

scalman

eHB8Mhl.jpg

sevoro

This is a gaming forum can you blame us for not giving two shits about your political agenda?
You're right and wrong. Yes this is a forum solely focused on games, and some off-topic/politics. But in a world with as much as social media as we have now, there is no way for games to remain apolitical. That's just something you have to deal with. Personally I don't care about politics in my games, but I at least acknowledge the current atmosphere.

Enjay

Banned
You're right and wrong. Yes this is a forum solely focused on games, and some off-topic/politics. But in a world with as much as social media as we have now, there is no way for games to remain apolitical. That's just something you have to deal with. Personally I don't care about politics in my games, but I at least acknowledge the current atmosphere.
I'll be voting Xbox this election if I bother voting.

I'll be voting Xbox this election if I bother voting.

Phill Spencer is a closet SJW and the ultimate Manchurian candidate. Have you ever wondered why he still has Bonnie Ross as head of 343? Why Halo 5 had you play with a racially diverse cast and co-lead? Why the story bombed as a result? Why Gears story was ruined with a female lead? Neil Druckman ain't got nothing on Phil... at least with Neil you know what you getting... it's the closet ones like Phil that hurt the most.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Please educate yourself on the state of urban areas in the US as far as funding and other things go. Then come back and most of the Black and Brown are suffering right now..
I would expect anyone whose lives in poverty to be suffering, not because of their skin color.
A famous basketball player and millionaire like Lebron James, is not more oppressed than a poor White person struggling with a fentanyl addiction.

In regards to these urban areas you speak of, the answer is that it's not just racism alone that causes this. We have many non-white examples who live in the USA that are clearly more educated, have better health and are still richer than the majority white group. A country that was systematically about forced oppression would never allow another successful group to exist. I would implore you to look into the culture of why these non-white groups tend to be very successful or why they have less altercations with the police.

Cptmurdap said:
Anger, Hurt suffering is more than be financially stable.
And I think this applies to all groups. There's no proof every White American is happy or you can just look at them and know what their mental state is. But all groups should be happy they live in the USA whose modern institutions clearly enable anyone to rise up provided they do work hard for it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom