• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Reveal on June 4th Postponed

NullZ3r0

Banned
From what I understood, the demo pushed much more than what'll be needed.
UE5 is also still in development and will be designed with PS5 in mind.

Anyway, I feel sorry for you if you take issue with 1440p/30fps.
Suck to be you then.
PS fanboys had an issue with 900p at the beginning of the gen. What happened to all the PS pixel counters?

Degree

Banned
900p looked blurry af.

The UE5 demo looks better than anything out on consoles.

you do know that it was just a tech Demo and not a real game, right?
It we won’t see a real game like that, it’s just too big, according to EPIC:

Psykodad

Banned
you do know that it was just a tech Demo and not a real game, right?
It we won’t see a real game like that, it’s just too big, according to EPIC:

Yes, that's why it's called a tech-demo.

They did confirm it is completely playable though and every playthrough will be different as all everything is dynamic.
I believe Sweeny also said they will release the tech-demo to the public at some point.

Degree

Banned

They did confirm it is completely playable though and every playthrough will be different as all everything is dynamic.
I believe Sweeny also said they will release the tech-demo to the public at some point.

playable? What exactly was the gameplay element here? Except walking around? There were no NOCs, nothing.
And Epic confirmed that we will not see games like that due to the size. There are rumors that this 2,5min clip alone was around 200GB in size.
Hopefully Sony will show us their gameplay videos, so that we can stop arguing about a TECH DEMO, which always have been NEVER like real games. They were just a TECH DEMO. ALWAYS. And NEVER a real game or anything like that.

Psykodad

Banned
playable? What exactly was the gameplay element here? Except walking around? There were no NOCs, nothing.
And Epic confirmed that we will not see games like that due to the size. There are rumors that this 2,5min clip alone was around 200GB in size.
Hopefully Sony will show us their gameplay videos, so that we can stop arguing about a TECH DEMO, which always have been NEVER like real games. They were just a TECH DEMO. ALWAYS. And NEVER a real game or anything like that.
Dude, watch the podcast of Geoff Keighley with Sweeny and 2 other Epic employees they did right after the UE5 demo.
Sweeny literally said the things I just said.

And Sony will show gameplay, they already said that. So no idea why you try to spread DOUBT rn.

Last edited:

Degree

Banned
Dude, watch the podcast of Geoff Keighley with Sweeny and 2 other Epic employees they did right after the UE5 demo.
Sweeny literally said the things I just said.

And Sony will show gameplay, they already said that. So no idea why you try to spread DOUBT rn.

just so that I get it right:

you are saying, that we will see true gameplay at Sonys Event, that will look like the UE5 Demo?

ZywyPL

Banned
To be honest I feel that the Xbox fans had the most problem with the 720-900p resolutions on Xbox one vs ps4 full HD. Plus 900p vs 1080p was clearly visible in comparison.

Back in the days there were no sophisticated upscaling algorithms, and any sub-native image was just stretched by the TV, and it was indeed more noticeable than it is today, where the image is still a bit soft, but nowhere near as washed out as it used to be at the begining of the generation, or during entire PS360 era.

Actually, KZ:SF was the first game to use upscaling rather than native resolution, but there was a lot of fuss around it, if I remember correctly GG was even sued for it for supposedly lying about the input resolution of the game, but one PS4 Pro arrived upscaling has pretty much became the to-go solution rather than aiming for native 4K.

Tulipanzo

Yeah, sure they were. They'll say anything to keep people scared.
Who the fuck are "they" supposed to be?

Considering that cops would have to interact with people on a daily basis, and that most wouldn't work from home, high rates are expected.
From what I found, 17% of NYPD had to call in sick at the beginning of April, with over 1000 confirmed positives.

While they seem well supplied to shoot people and attack civilians, I've hardly seen any wearing masks or following sanitary code.

Last edited:

LarknThe4th

Where's your voice for the woman robbed by him at gunpoint? What if that was your significant other? Works both ways...
Armed robbery is obviously awful too, but we aren't talking about that we are talking about a mans murder

So I will ask you, what is your opinion of a man being murdered like a farm animal in a street in front of people like it was nothing? by people who are supposed to be held to a higher standard

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia

That would be cool if it's a playable demo. Sort of like that amazing Killzone 2 behind the bullet demo. That blew me away back in the day!

Degree

Banned
That would be cool if it's a playable demo. Sort of like that amazing Killzone 2 behind the bullet demo. That blew me away back in the day!

uh, Killzone 2 E3 footage is a really bad example, I hope they don't do this with PS5:

Guerrilla executive producer Angie Smets noted that the trailer was made as an “internal vision video about what first-person games could look like for the next generation,” and that it was originally “meant for internal use only.”

Meanwhile, executive Ken Kutaragi thought it would be a good idea to show the trailer off to boost the PlayStation 3 hype. After all, Kutaragi admitted it was running in real-time on PS3 hardware.

To which Smets explained, “We were watching this back home, going, ‘No!’ What did he just say? It’s not true! Then we figured, nobody will believe that, because it’s obvious that it’s all pre-rendered. Then we went online, and we found that lots of people believed it.

Funny, somehow reminds me of the UE5 tech demo. Some people are here in for a rude awakening.

uh, Killzone 2 E3 footage is a really bad example, I hope they don't do this with PS5:

Funny, somehow reminds me of the UE5 tech demo. Some people are here in for a rude awakening.

Are you trying to say the retail version looks worse than the reveal? Because if you are, you're wrong.

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia

I'm not talking about the reveal trailer (E3 2005 or 2006 I think). That video I posted was an actual in-engine and real-time trailer that you could actually play on your PS3 before the release of the game. You could zoom in, move around and look at the high poly models and such. It was incredible at the time and honestly still is. I wish more developers would do this pre-release to hype up their games and visuals.

And I'm confused on why you posted that comparison video? The E3 2007 to final 2008 build clearly shows the final build actually looks better than the 2007 demo... which is super rare nowadays. There are clear depth of field, texture quality, and anti-aliasing improvements that make the final game look amazing. I'm still impressed by Killzone 2 to this day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom