• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Showcase on Wednesday 16 Sept

cireza

PS2 was BC with PS1
PS3 was BC with PS2 and PS1
PS4 was the only outlier for valid reasons.
PS5 IS BC with PS4
You pay for these feature when buying your console.

I was talking about offering games. They did offer something during Covid, but that's the only one I can remember, with the games offered after the credit cards fiasco.

VN1X

Banned
Can't wait for all the salt from 'green stockholders' across forums everywhere after this event is done.

iu

cireza

I'd say it sounded like you were just trolling instead of having a well structured debate.
Actually English is not my native language. Of course they did not give away willingly the credit card info. Should not have used "leak" it seems.

People who have a contradictory opinion to yours are not trolls by the way.

Last edited:

chonga

The fact that it's a "showcase" leads me to believe they will be showing stuff and not just announcing prices. What are the chances that we get a new AAA exclusive reveal? God of War 2?
Nil.

We know they want to do a teardown, Cerny said that would come when they did the 'road to PS5'. We also know they'd like to show the UI.

We'll probably get both of those and some gameplay from some of the titles we saw in the reveal. Namely Spider-Man, Demon's Souls and maybe GT7.

Actually English is not my native language. Of course they did not give away willingly the credit card info. Should not have used "leak" it seems.

This is what you shouldn't have said.

It is not a habit from Sony to offer stuff, excepted when they leak 70 millions credit cards on the internet of course. We will see.

You made it sound like Sony was offering up those credit card numbers. And also saying that they leaked it makes it sound just like that.

Regardless it had nothing to do with the argument. You just couldn't come up with a good answer so you dragged the PSN hack into the argument. Which has nothing to do with Sony charging for next gen patches.

I'm not an idiot you know.

Last edited:
Maybe they will also use the time to announce more stuff coming to PC. I'm pretty sure a lot of gamers (not warriors) would enjoy that.

Jon Neu

Banned
Werent you the guy who criticised another user yesterday for responding with gifs....

Nope, I critiziced how he hides behind gifs all the time to not have to actually have a conversation and expose himself to have his ideas and opinions debated.

Nothing wrong with using gifs from time to time when a situation like that silly sentence of yours happens.

You are crazy.

You are crazy x2.

I was just stating that I don't see Sony offering free games or updates.

And then you dragged in something unrelated to argue with. I'm not crazy that you did that.

It is not a habit from Sony to offer stuff, excepted when they leak 70 millions credit cards on the internet of course. We will see.

That's what you originally said.

Last edited:
They were forced into offering games because of the credit cards being stolen back then. Are you even aware of this ?

And I guess the same happened during covid-19 right?

Free Games to Play At Home
To support Play At Home, PlayStation will try to make those occasionally dull moments more exciting by offering Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Journey available for free* for a limited time through digital downloads from April 15 at 8pm PDT through May 5, 2020 at 8pm PDT Once you redeem the games, they are yours to keep.

Like I said Sony is capable of giving some things for free. Like PS4 Pro patches, free games during covid-19 and no good requirement for FTP games.

Again my sources on free PS4 Pro patches.

But instead you drag in the PSN hack for no good reason? And then claim that Sony was giving away those credit card numbers?

That's how you responded to me because you know that free upgrades are possible on the PS5. Just like they were on the PS4 Pro.

Last edited:

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Just how old are you?

PS2 was BC with PS1
PS3 was BC with PS2 and PS1
PS4 was the only outlier for valid reasons.
PS5 IS BC with PS4

I don't get your sentence

Actually...
PS2 was BC with PS1

PS3 “Fat” with higher GB sizes was BC with PS2 games because it had a dedicated chip for it. Not every PS3 console at launch had this, and later revisions did not have it at all.

PS4 was not BC for various, probably obvious reasons. PS5 is BC with PS4 for some likely obvious reasons.

PS3 gets an * on its BC IMO. Basically, if the hardware Is similar enough, or there is a chip allowing BC, they put it in.... and .. maybe take it out.

They'll do TGS and I'm pretty sure that both Sony and MS will do stuff in October.

After this show, the most we'll get from Sony are blog posts and Youtube trailers probably.

The biggest question... what they will show? That is why they are not doing shows.

More complete gameplay of Scorn and Medium. Maybe some other stuff. We're all interested to see what they can do to make up for Halo.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Nope, I critiziced how he hides behind gifs all the time to not have to actually have a conversation and expose himself to have his ideas and opinions debated.

Nothing wrong with using gifs from time to time when a situation like that silly sentence of yours happens.
Yet you tool once sentence out of the entire post, you cherry picked it. And gifs to react are fine when you deem it, interesting

Falc67

40 minutes isnt enough imo. i wanted 10 minute demos of several different games. Namely GT7, Demon Souls, Horizon, GOW and Spiderman.

with the price announcement we are looking at maybe 30 minutes of footage. i really hope we dont get a lot of cinematic trailers again.

That’s what I thought as well. We’ll get 5min gameplay Footage for launch/launch window titles - maybe a small section of game play for horizon and trailers for the rest.

PS3 “Fat” with higher GB sizes was BC with PS2 games because it had a dedicated chip for it. Not every PS3 console at launch had this, and later revisions did not have it at all.

All LAUNCH PS3s were PS2 B/C, it was later it became a hybrid B/C then was removed. All PS3s at launch had it.
PS1 was always software and remained.

It was cut for cost savings as it was sort of done so people who had recently bought PS2 games could continue them along
with the Memory card adapters they had that allowed you to move your saves over. It was meant to be a "transitional thing and
with the system being so expensive, anything they could do to make it cheaper... they did.

Do you even take the time to read ?

I don't have sources when I simply state what I think.

You actually didn't respond to me with that which is why I didn't see it.

As for the green. Well I have sources that Sony did offer free patches to upgrade games from the PS4 version to the PS4 Pro version. I also have additional sources that many PS4 games are getting free upgrades to the PS5 versions. I also have sources where publishers can charge for the upgrade to the PS5 version (Call of Duty Cold War). However due to how Sony handled the upgrades from the PS4 to the PS4 Pro versions I believe they won't sell remasters like they did with The Last of Us 2. Instead I believe (based on my sources) that PS4 1st party titles will receive free upgrades on the PS5. Again if the competition is doing it I don't see why Sony wouldn't do the same.

Rob_27

Everyone is acting like its a done deal or foregone conclusion.

I hope so for everyone's sake.

Just hope the price is reasonable and they don't show turds.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

Iced Arcade

Another showcase to try and justify a higher price tag or showcase and drop bombs of a lower price 🤔

Probably show what they already shown and end with "pre orders open now"

Another showcase to try and justify a higher price tag or showcase and drop bombs of a lower price 🤔

Probably show what they already shown and end with "pre orders open now"

They haven't shown the UI features yet. That definitely could be in the event. Plus we might see something like God of War there.

Falc67

"I dont wnat to start any console warring but to be honest"

So you proceed to start console warring? Check.

State pd Deday 2? Its State of Decay 2 and its a current gen game. Not State of Decay 3 that was recently announced. Check

Halo Infinite is delayed and being reworked up to standards. Check

You have a lot of work to do on your English and typing skills. If you want to be taken seriously please check grammar. Thanks.

Why you so angry on almost every post lol? It’s funny. But you crazy.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Price, date, gameplay, (Miles Morales, DS, HFW), UI. That's what I want. Teardown will be a separate video that I'm sure they'll just post whenever without much fanfare. It's for the nerds (us), who will find it anyway.

Top Bottom