• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Showcase on Wednesday 16 Sept

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Well, here's the thing, in the June event, they didn't say they were going to reveal the console design. They did. So, even though I would like them to specifically say they'll be giving pricing or other details... it may be in there. They may also leave it out in case they decide to include it and change their minds, or exclude it in general.

My guess is that they'll do another web-show, maybe a week after where they announce that pre-orders are available "now". They know that they have enough hardcore fans to burn through their initial allocations, so they will just drop it without warning. Basically a variation on the planned scarcity gambit.

The 16th is the second half of September actually and guessing that an event will be in a half of a month isn’t much of a guess. Anyone can do that.

Wow. People are so salty and just refuse to give the guy credit where credit is due and are so jealous. Is it really hard to just admit the naysayers were wrong and the guy may or may not always get his info right just like everything else in life can change in a matter of days or weeks get delayed or moved around internally especially in the times we live in?

Seriously, get fucked.

You will NEVER be an insider and you will NEVER get dibs on things like other people do. Have fun, you jealous miserable lowlife imbecile.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

That's pretty pedantic. If he had said second half of the month people would've said the same thing but the other way. 16th is pretty much bang in the middle of the month.

We'll see how it goes with the other stuff he mentioned. From what I can see he has good sources he's just shit at organising it and slips up with his wording.

I will happily believe an insider when they relay precise and/or detailed information that proves to be accurate. Not before. I suggest to avoid disappointment, you don't either.

sony:

- release date
- demon's souls gameplay
- 2021/2022 teasers
- price
- preorder open via direct

me:

I think that's pretty much spot on the money. Maybe with some Miles Morales gameplay as well.

Last edited:

JLMC469

Banned
$500
$400 - $450 digital

Book it. Don’t see it being cheaper than the Series X.

Last edited:

kikii

ThIS YES! Because Fable, Halo Infinite, Grounded, Awoved, Sea of Thieves, S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2, Hellblade 2, Ori, Gears 4 and 5, Forza Horizon, Forza Motorsport, Flight Simulator, State of Decay 2 and 3. + third party such as Red Dead 2, Monster Hunter World and many more are 100% indie games. Good point.
i dont wnat to start any console warring but to be honest State of Deday 2 also halo infinite looks like last gen games ..noone hasnt seen gameplay of Hellblade 2 nor others :p

Too war? I guess if you have a mindset of a 5 year old whose in pre-k and who thinks who's plastic toy is better in whatever 20s or 30s year old body your in then sure.

Real confident men though that actually enjoy everything gaming has to offer regardless of platform? Absolutely not. Wrong jungle kiddo.
ThIS YES! Because Fable, Halo Infinite, Grounded, Awoved, Sea of Thieves, S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2, Hellblade 2, Ori, Gears 4 and 5, Forza Horizon, Forza Motorsport, Flight Simulator, State of Decay 2 and 3. + third party such as Red Dead 2, Monster Hunter World and many more are 100% indie games. Good point.
Wow. People are so salty and just refuse to give the guy credit where credit is due and are so jealous. Is it really hard to just admit the naysayers were wrong and the guy may or may not always get his info right just like everything else in life can change in a matter of days or weeks get delayed or moved around internally especially in the times we live in?

Seriously, get fucked.

You will NEVER be an insider and you will NEVER get dibs on things like other people do. Have fun, you jealous miserable lowlife imbecile.

keYTH71.jpg

JLMC469

Banned
The fact that it's a "showcase" leads me to believe they will be showing stuff and not just announcing prices. What are the chances that we get a new AAA exclusive reveal? God of War 2?

Slim I think.

I believe they will focus on launch titles and launch window (2021).

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
Prices 399 and 499
Also 499 for a 2tb ssd digital
When you buy digital you get 3 months of psnow for free.

For all psnow owners free games for november will include tlou2 ,days gone, ff7r

Would you not be inclined to think he had actual information considering how much he gets on Capcom and how it's almost a given that Capcom will have some presence at this Sep 16th showcase?

Ignore them. They are just jealous morons who were proven wrong and can't admit or take defeat and be a good sport like real men. You have to realize on the interewebs you don't have to act like a real man. You can act like a pussy and get people to feel sorry for you, that does not work in rea life because the real world does not give a fuck.

A real legit person would say "Well, looks like I was wrong and it indeed turned out to be true. Nice too see real confirmation now and things line up with Dusk Golems leaks."

But no, they gotta go extra mile to make themselves feel good because they can't take internet defeat. Their image is too important to a bunch of random people they'll never interact with in real life.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
40 minutes isnt enough imo. i wanted 10 minute demos of several different games. Namely GT7, Demon Souls, Horizon, GOW and Spiderman.

with the price announcement we are looking at maybe 30 minutes of footage. i really hope we dont get a lot of cinematic trailers again.

Greeno

I'm still hoping this will include all the announcements the various BS merchants have promised me: Silent Hill, God of War, FF XVI, Socom.

At 40 minutes long they'll probably show about 12 games. Let me be madly optimistic for a while and say that includes the 4 mentioned above, so they'd have updates on 8 already announced. How does that work out?

Miles Morales - pretty much guaranteed
Demon's Souls
Sackboy - probably a launch game so bound to feature
Resident Evil 8 - overdue its next appearance I think
Returnal - might be close to launch

I think they're the 5 most likely. You've then got others like GT7, Destruction Allstars, a few of the Indies. Maybe even gameplay of Horizon, but I think that's less likely.

So maaaaybe there's time there for those 4 announcements plus all the updates they need to give....
I don't think we will be seeing God of War (Barlog always dismisses it), but I do think we will be seeing Silent Hill. At least a confirmation that it is in development.

Last edited:

geordiemp

Thanks for the list wars from 2030, we will all be pushing up daisys before we see next gen from MS.

Your contrubution to the Sony announced reveal is touching and thoughtful.

Last edited:

Matsuchezz

Hehehe this is gonna be gud Playstation is gonna give it to us!!. I just want br player ps5 the headphones and a second controller.

skneogaf

They really do just wait for Microsoft to go and then go. They're so far a head of Microsoft that they really didn't need to drag on for so long and wait so they could undercut the series x price.

leo-j

-Socom reboot FPS/TPS in 60FPS-120FPS 2160P with massive 100 player maps.
^Launch window game
-new Jak by naughty dog
-Spider man gameplay and launch date

$449 and $499

Ps plus and PS now to be combined as one subscription: $64.99
Ps NOW to let you instant stream ps5 games day 1 at 1080p as you download.

They really do just wait for Microsoft to go and then go. They're so far a head of Microsoft that they really didn't need to drag on for so long and wait so they could undercut the series x price.

Maybe they are having problems behind the scenes or some games aren't up to the quality that they expect and rather risk it like Halo, they've stayed quiet while they sort their shit out?

Or maybe they did just wait for Microsoft to make a move so that they could undercut MS hype and marketing.

Either way, yay for info

Last edited:

Hunnybun

40 minutes isnt enough imo. i wanted 10 minute demos of several different games. Namely GT7, Demon Souls, Horizon, GOW and Spiderman.

with the price announcement we are looking at maybe 30 minutes of footage. i really hope we dont get a lot of cinematic trailers again.

It doesn't take 10 minutes to announce a price. 5 minutes max, maybe less.

whitesugar

Banned
hopefully preorders open at the end of the show. would be funny after all the CONCERN this week if the PS5 was available for preorder first

I'll let you make your mind up on whether I'm trolling or not.

It's incredibly difficult to tell who's trolling and who isn't anymore, TBF xD

is there an xbox thing next week too? this is interesting that sony had something planned for the same week.

No one knows when MS's event is. All we really know is them opening TGS is not that event. Many were assuming it'd be before TGS because they've said "no next-gen news" for TGS, but it could actually be after...

...or maybe it actually will be at TGS and that Twitter post was just a red herring (though since their TGS stuff won't be in English I strongly doubt this).

Last edited:

Calverz

A million times no. We dont nothing but games. We want more on the actual fucking console. Maybe show one surprise game announcement (cough*silent hill*cough) and the rest on price, features, OS, size etc.

Hunnybun

I don't think we will be seeing God of War (Barlog always dismisses it), but I do think we will be seeing Silent Hill. At least a confirmation that it is in development.

I don't either, but I just hope we do.

I agree that Silent Hill is the most likely, followed by FF XVI.

geordiemp

Too war? I guess if you have a mindset of a 5 year old whose in pre-k and who thinks who's plastic toy is better in whatever 20s or 30s year old body your in then sure.

Real confident men though that actually enjoy everything gaming has to offer regardless of platform? Absolutely not. Wrong jungle kiddo.

You have had your turn, its Sonys turn now.

hfTTHb6.png

Its time

Last edited:

Hunnybun

A million times no. We dont nothing but games. We want more on the actual fucking console. Maybe show one surprise game announcement (cough*silent hill*cough) and the rest on price, features, OS, size etc.

Each to their own, but there's really nothing more I need to know about the console.

It's obviously massive.
It plays games, that's the only feature I care about.
The UI will let me access various features, as always.

Err, yeah - I just want to see the games.

i dont wnat to start any console warring but to be honest State of Deday 2 also halo infinite looks like last gen games ..noone hasnt seen gameplay of Hellblade 2 nor others :p

"I dont wnat to start any console warring but to be honest"

So you proceed to start console warring? Check.

State pd Deday 2? Its State of Decay 2 and its a current gen game. Not State of Decay 3 that was recently announced. Check

Halo Infinite is delayed and being reworked up to standards. Check

You have a lot of work to do on your English and typing skills. If you want to be taken seriously please check grammar. Thanks.

Seriously, get fucked.

His comment seemed pretty sensible to me.

Could you turn down the personal attacks please?

When it comes to Dusk Golem I'm still waiting to see if his claim on price and broken PS5 multiplats are true.

Last edited:
Thanks for the list wars from 2030, we will all be pushing up daisys before we see next gen from MS.

Your contrubution to the Sony announced reveal is touching and thoughtful.

Yes I am indeed excited for Sony. I'll be getting both and you know whats the best part? !I am not paying for it ;)

I am not hateful like other people who get upset when others enjoy both systems.

His comment seemed pretty sensible to me.

Could you turn down the personal attacks please?

When it comes to Dusk Golem I'm still waiting to see if his claim on price and broken PS5 multiplats are true.

Its not a personal attack buddy. Its speaking out the truth and calling out hypocrits. Are you also on some soy? Too much bruh. Don't be thin skinned.

Last edited:
Top Bottom