• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Showcase on Wednesday 16 Sept

bender

What time is it?
Who dreams about seeing CG reveal trailers?

giphy.gif

Cyph3rZA

Based S(C)o(e)(r)ny :messenger_sunglasses: .

Let's hop on that hype train fellow fam. It's build up like it was to the 2013 Feb event. Feels like it wasn't that long ago.:messenger_grinning_squinting:

I don't know what the price is gonna be exactly but I am glad i just got another job and saving up. I shall be having it all eventually.

$399 / $499

S.S.D.
Some.Sony.Dude :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Reactions: Isa

ANIMAL1975

wow how exciting...... not.... Microsoft drops bomb shells every other day, and we get an announcement for next week? Sure.
4 tera flops of bombshell blanks yuck

We are in September and September has exactly 30 days.

Half of 30 days is 15 days. 15 days in the first half and 15 days in the second half of the month. First half 1st September to 15th September. Second half 16th September to 30th September.

PS5 event is on the 16th of September meaning it's in the second half of the month. Dusk Golem said it would be in the first half of the month.

Dusk Golem was wrong again. Thanks for listening.

Plot twist: Sony delayed the event just to fuck Drunk Golem predictions®

We are in September and September has exactly 30 days.

Half of 30 days is 15 days. 15 days in the first half and 15 days in the second half of the month. First half 1st September to 15th September. Second half 16th September to 30th September.

PS5 event is on the 16th of September meaning it's in the second half of the month. Dusk Golem said it would be in the first half of the month.

Dusk Golem was wrong again. Thanks for listening.

His track record has been dire. Coupled with his general weirdness I've concluded he's attention seeking with made-up bits and bobs or other rumours he finds online.

Reactions: Isa

THEAP99

Banned
I mean them announcing price and launch date(s) should be guaranteed right? Right?
Otherwise this would be pretty stupid.

I am going with they will 100% announce both price and date. After MS they just have to.
Usually they clarify in the blog post what not to expect from an event. So I think we can expect price and release date at the end.

THEAP99

Banned
The way they talk about games far out in the future, I wonder if they were hiding something like Silent Hill or a second BluePoint Game. Or if that is just a nod to Horizon coming out late 2021.

Well anyways here I shill, I love you all.
I truly believe we will get at least one new major game exclusive announcement.. I'm thinking god of war.. or silent hill if it's real maybe as well..

Joey.

Lets gooo!!!!!
I'm hoping more for pricing , pre order dates, release dates.
Some upcoming games would be nice to see.
I'll be busy for a while anyways for now (COD, Cyberpunk, Miles Morales)

Joey.

I'm getting a bad feeling that there will be no price/preorder/release date info.

WHICH WOULD BE INSANE
If they don't...like what are they waiting for???!?

Anyways, I'm hoping for the best.

Perrott

Gold Member
  • Silent Hill, Final Fantasy XVI and "RaySpace" announcements.
  • Spider-Man: Miles Morales story trailer; gameplay trailers for Demon's Souls and Returnal; and another look at Destruction All Stars, Gran Turismo 7 and Sackboy: A Big Adventure. No Ratchet & Clank/Horizon until The Game Awards.
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War zombies trailer; Resident Evil Village trailer + PSVR support announcement; plus some other third-party games.
  • And release date + price reveal at the end of the show.
Things such as the UI, the BC, services and a console teardown will be discussed via PS Blog during the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:

PresetError

Neophyte
ABOUT FUCKING TIME!

Price and release date are a given, even if it's only at the end like in june's event. Otherwise, no matter how big the trailers they show people will be angry.

Fucking yes!

Right before this starts, I'm going to bust a respectful nut all over my PS4 in gratitude for its service. All of you should do the same.

Ok. You convinced me. Where do you live and when do you want me to come by and respectfully jizz all over your PS4?

Manji Uzuki

Good news. I hope the event happening relatively close to the TGS means we will get some announcements that can be expanded later on the event

Hawk269

I'm willing to bet that they won't reveal the price with this event.
If they don't then it is going to be expensive. If they are matching or under cutting they will be screaming that from high above...but if they don't mention price/release date on Wednesday I suspect it is because it is very expensive.

Top Bottom