• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Showcase on Wednesday 16 Sept

40 minutes is short for sure, but how can we be sure it is the last showcase before the release date? It is definitively that more showcases are coming to show the UI and other minor functions, because people will not decide which console to buy based on the look of the UI (at least I hope so).

Also at this time, they don't need to urgently advertise the console any more. I am sure it will be sold out online within minutes. So why not wait and give another showcase shortly before the street date, so that people will camp outside of the shops.

bitbydeath

You really have got the wrong end of the stick there. The top 100 testing was simply testing that the games ran in native PS5 mode. They don’t get any resolution or fps increases (bar dynamic res or unlocked frame rates running at their original ceiling) unless the developer goes and alters the code.

Here’s the official word.

We’re expecting backward compatible titles will run at a boosted frequency on PS5 so that they can benefit from higher or more stable frame rates and potentially higher resolutions.

We’re currently evaluating games on a title-by-title basis to spot any issues that need adjustment from the original software developers.

We have already tested hundreds of titles and are preparing to test thousands more as we move toward launch.

schaft0620

thank you gentlemen.

we have new news for you

We will have the following games

our consoles prices are what you heard and we will not lower them

We will revive uncharted

We will expand PS plus
and we will raise the price to $60 a year
and we will encourage devs to use the touchpad maybe.

Can't disagree with you but, I think the first few months of PS+ Games post PS5 will be PS4 games with PS5 patches. Control, NBA, Hitman 1, Hitman 2, Spider-Man, God of War, GTA5 etc etc.

schaft0620

I can't see sony making the DE be $100 cheaper with the only difference being a $5-10 blu-ray drive

If the PS5 costs $458 to make and you sell the disc version at $500 and the digital at $400 the exact break even on a 50/50 slipt of consoles is Sony's 30% cut of a $60 game.

AKA 1 $500 console + 1 $400 console + 1 digital game = anywhere between $0 and $2.

Thats just their 30% cut of the 1 3rd party AAA game on PSN between the 2 consoles.

Last edited:

schaft0620

It's Final Fantasy XVI time :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Oia6KxS.jpg

He deleted this BTW, now its just a RT.

DeeDogg_

Banned
They remade alot of assets though. A remaster is pretty simple in comparison. Usually a remaster only comes with improved framerate and resolution not with hand crafted assets.

Definitely wouldn't be correct calling it a remaster. The Last of Us Remastered however is a perfect example of a really well done remaster.
I just said that

and I feel GTAV takes the cake for best remake so far this gen. Looks night and day from the older versions whereas TLOUR just got a higher frame rate and resolution and slightly better textures

Last edited:

sixamp

We all know what they are gonna do. Sony will have 7 minutes of babbling nonsense, 20 minutes of in-engine fancy camera work videos, 10 minutes of horizon, miles, and final fantasy news, 2 minutes of GOW,TLOU next gen remasters and then they will flash socom,knack and GTA on the screen. With the final minute being ANOTHER remaster of shadow of colossus because why the fuck not at this point

Rygeist

Banned
So damn hyped for Ratchet and Clank and Miles Morales. I think I might hold off on NVIDIA's new gpu's and pick up a PS5. I'm just too hyped for it.

fersnake

So damn hyped for Ratchet and Clank and Miles Morales. I think I might hold off on NVIDIA's new gpu's and pick up a PS5. I'm just too hyped for it.
man you have a pc? what's you specs? i have a gtx 1080 and im not worry to upgrade (i want) but cant xD rather have my ps5 now.

ethomaz

Banned
How can the folks from r/GTA6 and be so stupid? Imagine presenting a false pastebin leak from two years ago and claims from clueless mfuckers and attentions seekers such as FoxyGamesUK, HipHopGamer or MGN as "evidence" in a speculation video about GTA VI...

200w.gif
I just posted to show the YouTuber reaction when the game announce was not GTA6 but GTA5 R.
It is the same guy of the other video.

I did not watch the full video... only the beginning.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
I just posted to show the YouTuber reaction when the game announce was not GTA6 but GTA5 R.
It is the same guy of the other video.

I did not watch the full video... only the beginning.
You better don't waste your time watching the full video, whoever put it together presented Tidux-levels of evidence to back up his theory about GTA VI's announcement next wednesday lol

Last edited:

Dargor

Honestlly, I really dont care about a GTA announcement, we all know it will come sooner or later, I wanna see new stuff.

Romulus

The hype games the insider is talking about won't be released for at least another year. I'm betting almost nothing is coming anytime soon.

Yoboman

GTA6 is no chance

Rockstar want that GTA5 money on next gen before they announce GTA6

And Rockstar don't do crowded console manufacturer events. Whatever they announce has enough clout to be its own event

Yoboman

Imagine the sheer rage if they had the best conference ever. GTA6 exclusive, FFXVI exclusive, FFVII R Part 2, God of War 2, Bloodborne 2, new Chrono Trigger, Agent, Legend of Dragoon 2, Breath of the Wild 2 exclusive

And then they end the conference with $799

Jim Ryan with his smuggest face

Vroadstar

This is how PS fanboys react to literally anything on the PS xD...

Comes into every Sony thread and calls people fanboys....yikes

I don't think that labelling yourself a '' Sony consumer '' is a very healthy thing, it sorta reeks of blind and extreme fanboy:ism.

PS5 thread
Greed, and they can get away with it because of fanboys.

I jerk off on my PS4 at least five times a day and sleep with it every night, PS4 supreme all hail Sony.

Toxic fanboys and the console war.

the fanboys are all like '' NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, NO ONE ELSE CAN HAVE OUR TOYS :messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying: ''.

LarknThe4th

Hopefully we get some proper gameplay of Demon Souls

What is the feeling around Resident Evil 8, will it show up here or will Capcom wait till TGS?

VN1X

Banned
Are we going to have a separate thread for the actual event btw? Things like this keep me up at night.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
imagine what will happen if they show 40 minutes of games, then just end it with no price or launch date. Riots in the streets.....

Top Bottom