• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Showcase on Wednesday 16 Sept

Justin9mm

Yeah, if GTA6 is announced I'm buying a PS5 even if it's $599. Been waiting too goddamn long.
Did you all forget that at the last PlayStation event they confirmed they were releasing an expanded and enhanced next gen version of GTA V in the second half of 2021.. Why would they do that if GTA 6 is going to be announced and released before that?

Not to mention a next gen version of GTA Online around launch.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
That's nonsense, but you know that.
That is actually true.
You have the video to compare... Halo 5 looks better than Halo Infinite for example.

The backsplash and delay happened because it looked bad even for a Xbox One game... if it looked better like some cross-gen games people may not get too harsh with its graphics.

Last edited:
That is actually true.
You have the video to compare... Halo 5 looks better than Halo Infinite for example.

The backsplash and delay happened because it looked bad even for a Xbox One game... if it looked better like some cross-gen games people may not get too harsh with its graphics.
I am just amazed that the Xbox PR department did not realize how much extra damage they inflicted on themselves, when they tried to hype Halo Infinite. A title that clearly was not ready to be a flagship launch game.

I mean, PR either hyped it up without ever seeing the game, or they saw the game but was so out of touch that they didn't realize it was below fan expectations.

Jerm411

I am just amazed that the Xbox PR department did not realize how much extra damage they inflicted on themselves, when they tried to hype Halo Infinite. A title that clearly was not ready to be a flagship launch game.

I mean, PR either hyped it up without ever seeing the game, or they saw the game but was so out of touch that they didn't realize it was below fan expectations.

I think they knew what they were doing, knew they were more than likely going to have to delay but still tried to pull a fast one and see if they could get away with showing it in the state they did and launching this year...

They apparently forgot that people aren’t stupid and would rightfully hammer it lol....

sol_bad

It feels like MS know they really fucked up and know they'll lose. I watched some of the YouTube "unboxings" for the Series S. I swear all the videos feel like they are paid to push the point that the Series S is so cheap for a next gen console.
They've gone from promoting the Series X as the most powerful console ever to pushing the Series S much harder due to it having a lower price point.

MS are all over the shop and have mixed messaging. Not a good look so close to release.

I think they knew what they were doing, knew they were more than likely going to have to delay but still tried to pull a fast one and see if they could get away with showing it in the state they did and launching this year...

They apparently forgot that people aren’t stupid and would rightfully hammer it lol....
I mean, they could have gotten away with it if there was some other Xbox game title that gets the media focus. Halo Infinite is an Xbox One game. And it it stayed that way people would have cut it some slack. But then some genius decided Halo Infinite was going to carry the software hopes of Xbox Series X on its shoulders. They even came up with the outright lie of "Built from the ground up to take advantage of Series X". A term that was legally meaningless, so they could get away with saying something that wasn't technically true.

But where is the end game here?
It is really Gamepass? Is that all Xbox has got left?

TheGejsza

I am really convinced that GT7 will be a launch title.
First of all -GT7 was planned to be released on PS4 but they decided to push it on next gen (GT Sport was suposed to be like gt3 for ps2 and gt5 for ps3 and more of a test-ground for gran turismo in form of GAAS)
Launching GT7 early into the next-gen could make for them a really great GAAS with updates through the whole generation.

In any case - if GT7 + Demons Souls would be a launch title - then day 1 purchase for me.

ZywyPL

Banned
imagine what will happen if they show 40 minutes of games, then just end it with no price or launch date. Riots in the streets.....

That would've been terrible, MS already showed off their cards, there's absolutely no reason for Sony to hide theirs anyone. Especially that the closer to the actual launch the more chances it'll all leak anyway like what happened with MS, it will always look much better if you announce something yourself than a random guy from Twitter.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
If Sony has a last min surprise Bloodbourne 2 teaser I’ll buy 4 ps5s at launch.
you listening sony??!

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I know it's only 40 mins, but here are my realistic prediction.

Price, release date, show off box, UI and some features.

Then the games:

First party

Demon's souls
GT7
Spider-Man
Horizon
Rachet and Clank
Silent Hill
God of War sequel
New AAA IP from Sony Japan
Resistance trilogy remaster

Third Party

FFXVI
COD
Dragons Dogma 2
Street Fighter 6
Harry Potter RPG
Starfield
Cyberpunk

Seems realistic

Hostile_18

Banned
They can’t boost beyond the original coding limits. A 1440p30 game won’t magically become 4K60.

How does it work with PS2 games running on PC arnt they all running past 30fps on 4k with a capable machine?

Like I played Silent Hill 1 in a high res 60fps with AA. It looked so much better.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
I know it's only 40 mins, but here are my realistic prediction.

Price, release date, show off box, UI and some features.

Then the games:

First party

Demon's souls
GT7
Spider-Man
Horizon
Rachet and Clank
Silent Hill
God of War sequel
New AAA IP from Sony Japan
Resistance trilogy remaster

Third Party

FFXVI
COD
Dragons Dogma 2
Street Fighter 6
Harry Potter RPG
Starfield
Cyberpunk

Seems realistic

16 titles plus UI and features will not fit into 40 minutes unless each game shows for less than 90 seconds but I think everything that will be shown is in your list just not everything in your list will be in the show.

Cut the games down to 10 if you intend to show decent game play and the UI segment could be added to a future State of Play even though that is something I am really interested in at this time.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
16 titles plus UI and features will not fit into 40 minutes unless each game shows for less than 90 seconds but I think everything that will be shown is in your list just not everything in your list will be in the show.

Cut the games down to 10 if you intend to show decent game play and the UI segment could be added to a future State of Play even though that is something I am really interested in at this time.

Nah. I'm optimistic. They'll just have to make the show longer. 40mins is a bit short after all.

I am really convinced that GT7 will be a launch title.
First of all -GT7 was planned to be released on PS4 but they decided to push it on next gen (GT Sport was suposed to be like gt3 for ps2 and gt5 for ps3 and more of a test-ground for gran turismo in form of GAAS)
Launching GT7 early into the next-gen could make for them a really great GAAS with updates through the whole generation.

In any case - if GT7 + Demons Souls would be a launch title - then day 1 purchase for me.

No way. Polydigital is still outsourcing the car models out to India. We're not going to see GT7 anytime soon, although I wish we would.

cireza

Banned
He said many would be free, not all. He was right.
Instead I believe (based on my sources) that PS4 1st party titles will receive free upgrades on the PS5
I don't see the word "many" in his sentence.

Just thought the situation was quite amusing that's all. Guy was certain that the upgrade would be free "Yeah I have many sources I can tell you they will be free", and in the end the very first First Party Game to be an upgrade (Spiderman) is a paid one :messenger_smirking:

Last edited:
I don't see the word "many" in his sentence.

Just thought the situation was quite amusing that's all. Guy was certain that the upgrade would be free "Yeah I have many sources I can tell you they will be free", and in the end the very first First Party Game to be an upgrade (Spiderman) is a paid one :messenger_smirking:

I shouldn't have said everything. I will admit to that mistake. However I'm still confident that Sony will release free updates for some games. They already confirmed Horizon Forbidden West and Sack Boy Big Adventure getting free updates so I wouldn't be surprised if they happened to more games.

Now Spiderman is a really weird situation. I'm saying this based on how they handled it in comparison to their other 1st party games. I also know that Disney will have a hand in it as well. Now why are they charging for the remaster? I have no idea. They do seen to be adding quite a bit to it but then again it's not as extensive as a remake. It's more than a simple remaster but it's not quite a remake. Maybe that justifies paying for it again or maybe not.

Edit: Actually looking through my post history I did say this.

Like I said Sony is capable of giving some things for free. Like PS4 Pro patches, free games during covid-19 and no good requirement for FTP games.

Also looking through your comment history you made the same mistake that I did.

I don't see Sony doing this at all.

That was you comment on free patches for the PS4 games on the PS5. Turns out some games are getting free patches just not Spiderman. That one is being sold as a remaster.

Last edited:
Top Bottom