• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation acquires Haven, the new studio led by Jade Raymond

Draugoth

Gold Member

FOYlsdLXoAUAyZ4

Today, I’m delighted to announce that Haven Studios is officially joining PlayStation Studios! Jade Raymond brings a wealth of experience from her industry achievements and an infectious passion for creating games, and the leadership team at Haven is an equally impressive group of industry veterans who have collaborated on some of the biggest and most beloved games and franchises that many of us still enjoy today.

We began working with Jade and her team in early 2021 when they were on the brink of announcing the formation of Haven Studios. From their first pitch, we were inspired by Haven’s vision for creating a modern multiplayer experience that brings gamers together in positive and meaningful ways. We were confident in their creative and technical expertise to deliver on such an ambitious project and were thrilled to invest in their journey developing a new, original IP for PlayStation.

We’ve had the privilege of working closely with Haven this past year and have been impressed by the studio’s growth and progress. So now, practically on the anniversary of when we made our partnership official, it’s especially exciting to formally welcome them into the PlayStation family. We can’t wait to see what the future holds for Haven Studios.

Welcome to PlayStation Studios, Haven!

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
We began working with Jade and her team in early 2021 when they were on the brink of announcing the formation of Haven Studios. From their first pitch, we were inspired by Haven’s vision for creating a modern multiplayer experience that brings gamers together in positive and meaningful ways.

Farming, fishing and murdering people confirmed.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
But everyone just left....and there was rumours Jade will up and leave soon....that's what I saw on here anyway. lol

She is the well known for bouncing around and leaving...she is fire though so I don't blame anyone for falling for her business skills!

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
These Sony acquisitions are really .. I don't know

First 3.5 billion for Destiny (half of what the whole of Bethesda cost) and now Jade Raymond. Like what was the last game she directed and actually got released?
She worked on the old assassin Creed franchise.
That is a prestige skills for Sony. With Sony assist, she might make a great game.

tmlDan

Someone explain the fascination with Jade Raymond to me. She hasn’t done anything in like 15 years lol
Its more the industries perception of her, everyone she has worked with says she is exceptional.

Unfortunately she has been in situations where she couldn't even complete a game because of structural changes in the orgs she worked with (EA/Google).

At her other jobs she was only there for 2-3 years since leaving Ubisoft.

Top Bottom