• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
So here's the deal GAF. ATVIAssist does not have any information about Playstation All Stars. Yes they own the Crash and Spyro IP but the support representative who spoke about it is a gamer like you and I (Not an IT nerd from one of the post I read. Not sure if derogatory or good) I'm sure the Twitter account is going to get a follower boost.

Just want to make sure and let you know. They do not have any insider information about a Sony/SuperBot game. The guy asked about it like a small segment usually do on a weekly basis about Crash and Spyro in some shape or fashion (HD Remix, new game, etc.) The reason he was sent over to SuperBot's Twitter is because they are the developers of the game. It's that simple.

Shameless plug: If you do have technical questions about an Activision game, feel free to contact us via ATVIAssist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Jawmuncher

At this point I HONESTLY don't see Crash being in.
That delay I guarntee was for a character but at this point it's hard to figure out just whom that is.

TheMink

At this point I HONESTLY don't see Crash being in.
That delay I guarntee was for a character but at this point it's hard to figure out just whom that is.

If that character is one of the DLC characters i know, it would be pretty epic.

Im hoping that "DLC" is just a filler word and they are hoping to bring this particular character into day one.

I really dislike how DLC characters are already in the talks when the game has like 3 months to go (lets just say 2 because of certifications).

This is reminding me of the whole Jill/Shuma umvc3, and SFxT thing.

I would be 100% more ok if they did it via new release like SSF4->SSF4AE.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I really dislike how DLC characters are already in the talks when the game has like 3 months to go (lets just say 2 because of certifications).

Actually, I prefer superbot working on sequel for Launch Title for PS4.

Mush

So here's the deal GAF. ATVIAssist does not have any information about Playstation All Stars. Yes they own the Crash and Spyro IP but the support representative who spoke about it is a gamer like you and I (Not an IT nerd from one of the post I read. Not sure if derogatory or good) I'm sure the Twitter account is going to get a follower boost.

Just want to make sure and let you know. They do not have any insider information about a Sony/SuperBot game. The guy asked about it like a small segment usually do on a weekly basis about Crash and Spyro in some shape or fashion (HD Remix, new game, etc.) The reason he was sent over to SuperBot's Twitter is because they are the developers of the game. It's that simple.

Shameless plug: If you do have technical questions about an Activision game, feel free to contact @ATVIAssist.
Wait, so you work for that department or something? Throw us a bone here!

Actually, I prefer superbot working on sequel for Launch Title for PS4.

I would settle for that.

I would just really prefer some characters were in "vanilla" ps allstars. If they aren't in then well I would be less hyped overall.

It was the same for SF4. Didn't buy SF4, then they announced dudley in SSF4 and I bought it day 1. Similar thing happen with MvC3. Once they announced x-23, deadpool and dante I was like "yo, we in there".

I'm getting this day 1 because newegg deal + I want to support clockwork, Seth Killian and Ed Ma. Love what they did for the FGC and as long as the game is decent I'll support it. Crossbuy just sealed the deal.

Wait, so you work for that department or something? Throw us a bone here!

Can't go into detail about it. You'll just have to believe me on my word. I know I'm a Junior but if you don't that's cool too. Just want to make sure some of you guys know what the deal was with the wording and such.

Why I said something on NeoGAF and not any other forum is because you guys are awesome and everyone source you on the screenshot. So what better place to clarify the situation right?

I'm curious as how you found the tweet? Did someone find it on a forum or was a member who was here who asked the question?

plainr_

Can't go into detail about it. You'll just have to believe me on my word. I know I'm a Junior but if you don't that's cool too. Just want to make sure some of you guys know what the deal was with the wording and such.

Why I said something on NeoGAF and not any other forum is because you guys are awesome and everyone source you on the screenshot. So what better place to clarify the situation right?

Is that you Bobby Kotick? ;p

Jawmuncher

Why I wouldn't mind it either.
WAY to many people complain about that for some reason.
The best they could do would be to release them as DLC and then instead release some sort of Complete or Gold Edition like we saw with Mortal Kombat.

ascii42

PSY・S;41471156 said:
$20 and you will have the choice of this skin

Crash_-_Mind_over_Mutant_Coverart.png

or this skin

crash-of-the-titans-20070419024409485_640w.jpg

Take it or leave it.
I'll take it. I've generally felt that those were reasonable updates of the character.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/28/playstation-all-stars-gets-infamous-with-evil-cole/

Well here's another character... Evil Cole!

Playstation Blog said:
Another hot summer is winding down as we close in on the release of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, and fans have been asking whether we still have more reveals in store for everyone. Well, we’re not done yet!

Today, the PlayStation All-Stars team attended the GameStop Managers Show in San Antonio, TX, an annual event where the retailer gets to check out the industry’s most anticipated video game titles. During the expo’s keynote we confirmed our latest addition to PlayStation All-Stars’ roster — Evil Cole from Sucker Punch’s inFAMOUS series!

Players familiar with inFAMOUS know that Cole MacGrath’s fate changes drastically if led down a path of evil, and both his appearance and powers reflect this dark side of him. Evil Cole harnesses the powers of both electrokinesis and pyrokinesis in battle, offering a style more ruthless in nature than his moral counterpart, Cole MacGrath. When you pick up the controller, you’ll immediately notice the differences between their fighting styles. inFAMOUS fans with a taste for destruction need look no further for their character of choice. Check out our newest character trailer to see Evil Cole’s moves in action.

Evil Cole can blast opponents from afar with bursts of fire and electricity, or engage opponents at close range with incendiary strikes. Players can utilize familiar attacks such as the Hellfire Rocket, Tripwire Rocket, and Firebird Strike to dispatch foes. Evil Cole is able to harness the power of The Beast once his energy has reached maximum level, leaving nothing in his wake. He is also able to suck AP out of his enemies using his Ionic Drain, giving him an AP headstart before opponents are ready for the next onslaught. He brings an offense-heavy playstyle to the fight that rivals that of the most fearsome challengers on the roster.

Can we get off Evil Cole's back now? As I've been saying forever he clearly has his own moveset, using the more destructive lightning powers and Nyx's abilities, just like in inFamous 2. Not a clone.

J-Tier

Sick! They revealed him during a "smaller" event, which could mean several things. They've got more to show beyond the leak, or...they will show one character per event =B

Noi

Welp, there's one more character that I was hoping wasn't representative of the final roster. Sigh.

Can we get off Evil Cole's back now? As I've been saying forever he clearly has his own moveset, using the more destructive lightning powers and Nyx's abilities, just like in inFamous 2. Not a clone.

That's not why people are upset that he's in the game.

J-Tier

That's not why people are upset that he's in the game.

At least, that's why I'm not upset about it.

I was (and still kind of am) upset about it because Infamous is the only series so far with two reps (though even then, they could've gone with Nix or even Kuo).

Noi

At least, that's why I'm not upset about it.

I was (and still kind of am) upset about it because Infamous is the only series so far with two reps (though even then, they could've gone with Nix or even Kuo).

Yeah, I don't mind that he's not a clone. It's the least offensive way they could add him in.

The problem is more the fact that we have two versions of the same character in a roster that still has first party characters people want. :/ Hell, I'd be more than fine with Nix/Kuo than I am with Evil Cole.

J-Tier

I really never got this wasted slot stuff.

I hate the term.

It implies that the effort and resources for one character could have been applied to a potentially better character.

Regardless, Evil Cole clearly required less effort and resources than having to brainstorm and create and entirely new character so I imagine he's more of a "bonus" than a waste.

SmithnCo

It implies that the effort and resources for one character could have been applied to a potentially better character.

Regardless, Evil Cole clearly required less effort and resources than having to brainstorm and create and entirely new character so I imagine he's more of a "bonus" than a waste.

Yep. They could use the same skeleton and mostly the same model as normal cole. Maybe some animations too.

His attacks and style look pretty different so I think he could be fun. The move where he hanged off the side looked crazy.

TheMink

I hate the term.

Yeah, as if a completely new character would be just as easy as making evil cole.

But he looks awesome to me yo!

I really never got this wasted slot stuff.

I just feel like they could have put the time to put someone better in, I just dont like Cole, but admittedly, and unsurprisingly, SB did a good job with him, so it's not a wasted effort

I hate the term.

I do like him, but dont generally like the idea of repeat characters when they have such a rich cast to work with.

Loudninja

2 characters at PAX

One of the most highly anticipated PlayStation exclusives will be offering up some brand new characters for you to get your hands on. Who exactly? You’ll have to come by to take a look, as we’ll be unveiling two new additions to the roster at the show. Not only will PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale be offering up free pedicab rides around the Convention Center (yes, seriously), you’ll also be able to pick up some free Rally Wear representing some of your favorite characters.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...ascension-all-stars-littlebigplanet-and-more/

God I hate to be a negative nancy but the game looked horrible and sounded terrible in that video. The game has a very cold, bland, haphazard look to it.

Ugh I hope the real game isn't like this. I just hate the way they're presenting the game. Nothing sounds good at all.

J-Tier

His moveset is entirely different, he's as much an effort as any other would have been. I do like him, but dont generally like the idea of repeat characters when they have such a rich cast to work with.

Same model, and likely his moveset was planned alongside good Cole. Meaning the amount of effort for both of these characters is probably comparable to another character who took more creativity to think up a moveset for such as Sackboy.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I hate the term.

Yeah thats exactly what it means, and outside of some model and animation shortcuts, its still mostly true. The new moves, the balancing, the changes they did have to make to his appearance and animations, the voice acting and the logic for when to use it, the writing and implementation into story mode, all of the artwork used outside of the match itself, the opening and closing animations.

I'm sure it took plenty of development time to add him. Maybe they only had to spend 50% of the time to develop a character that 0% of the people would care about if he wasn't there, but that doesn't make it any less stupid.

Same model, and likely his moveset was planned alongside good Cole. Meaning the amount of effort for both of these characters is probably comparable to another character who took more creativity to think up a moveset for such as Sackboy.

Yeah, fair enough. I just want Wander, OK?

Such a let down. I absolutely love the inFAMOUS games too, and this is just an immense let down. It's the first game in the franchise and we already have clone characters. Sure, his moveset is different, but he's the same damn character. Whatever, it's already put into motion so the only thing I can do now is shut up and deal with it, but I'll always think it's a wasted slot -_-

Noi

Nariko, Sir Dan, Raiden. I think Raiden is the last one to be revealed. Hell, he must be.

At this point I'm thinking the "the leak is not representative of the final roster" line from way back when was total bullshit.

Or alternatively, they'll cut out Sir Dan from the final roster. Given the rest of the roster choices, that's the only thing that'll make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom