• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyborg009

Banned
I am not going to get hype about this.

tumblr_m1vknqkfDX1qeyt27o1_500.gif

Why not?

If Crash is in this game... I will completely forgive Superbot for Dino over Dante, Big Daddy, etc. Seriously. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. If it's classic old Crash, full of his antics and his awesome signature stuff like the tiki mask and the fruit, crates, etc... I'd just squeal with fanboy nostalgia.

I still have my Crash 2 t-shirt I got from a Sony tour years ago man, AND I STILL WEAR IT DESPITE IT BEING FULL OF HOLES. IT'S PROBABLY MY FAVORITE TSHIRT.

Activision support? What is that some IT geek wo runs the twitter account but wouldn't really know anything? He is right, he doesn't kow anything so ask Superbot

Shahed

We'd still have a DMC game running at 30 FPS with no hard lock on, being made by the same developer whose made one of the worst running UE3 games of all time (with DmC also being a UE3 title, god knows why), characters who spout obscenities like they're classiest thing around, and an unnecessary introduction of the horribly cliche'd "angels vs demons" to a lore that was previously just fine with just humans standing alone against demons. But hey, the environments look pretty!

(Dino's hair not being white is far from the only complaint about the game, or the character for that matter.)
Okay I didn't mean to imply that people were complaining over simple hair colour only. All the points you listed are perfectly valid. But if all you see is a single screenshot, you won't pick up on all of that. However at a glance you can immediately see that something is wrong with the way his hair looks

So based on that one quick look, you'd already have reservations about what's to come. And then there's more disappointment to follow. Even if his design was fine, people would still be understandably annoyed, but the first impression wouldn't be so bad

I will wait for confirmation before I get too excited. Hopefully it's true. Not necessarily just for Crash, but it'll allow us to think beyond the leaks and sources and what not

Okay I didn't mean to imply that people werwe complaining over simple hair colour onky. All the points you listed are perfectly valid. But if all you see a single screenshot, you won't pick up on all of that. However at a glance you can immediately see that something is wrong with the way his hair looks

So based on that one quick look, you'd already have reservations about what's to come. And then there's more disappointment to follow. Even if his design was fine, people would still be understandably annoyed, but the first impression wouldn't be so bad
I know what you are saying, people won't even recognize him as Dante. If he had white hair, it would be Dante. But people would still be concerned about the quality of the game

That tweet just sounds like activision is saying, "Yea crash would be cool! But I have no idea if he's in it. Go ask Superbot." Seems like the individual in charge of tweets, doesn't really know.

Ploid 3.0

That tweet just sounds like activision is saying, "Yea crash would be cool! But I have no idea if he's in it. Go ask Superbot." Seems like the individual in charge of tweets, doesn't really know.

Looking over it and realizing that it wasn't superbot saying "Will have more information on this" (twitter noob here) it's back to square one it seem. He has no idea it seem.

yeah I know that this is far from confirmation when I posted it but it seemed a lot of hope has been drained and this shows there may be some left. I would love superbot for ever if there master plan was to give themink the worst case senerio and then hitting us with crash. It's a longshot but sometime longshots to win.

Did you guys see the new mode mention? Kill Limit. Lame name, but basic enough concept that it had to exist.

I am super happy to hear about more customization options, like insta-respawn. IMO, this really will make Super 3's so much more worth striving for. As it is now, Super 1's are common to see that Super 3's become unnecessary, but imagine using Dante's Super 3 with little to no spawn downtime. Easy 10 kills! Micro-adjusting the length of some Super 3's would be cool too.

Allowing for a level of customization depth to allow for something like:

"Super 1 only" + "-75% AP rate" + "Kill Limit/Stock" would be a great 1v1 variation too.

I missed you guys

I know I'm probably the only one around here who thinks like this, but I just don't care that they're using DmC Dante. If I was upset about any thing, it would be Raiden over Snake (though I think Snake will still make it to be a playable character in the game).

Crash, yes please. If he's not in the game, I'm 99.99999% confident that it's because of Activision. I'm sure Crash was one of the first third party characters they went and asked about.

And I want Squall with a massive gunblade. Yes, I really enjoyed FFVIII.

Jawmuncher

Sorry guys I have reliable information that Crash won't be making it in.
But don't worry Activision is supporting the game with BLOPS 2 David Mason.

Worse case scenario

Jawmuncher

I know I'm probably the only one around here who thinks like this, but I just don't care that they're using DmC Dante. If I was upset about any thing, it would be Raiden over Snake (though I think Snake will still make it to be a playable character in the game).

Crash, yes please. If he's not in the game, I'm 99.99999% confident that it's because of Activision. I'm sure Crash was one of the first third party characters they went and asked about.

And I want Squall with a massive gunblade. Yes, I really enjoyed FFVIII.

The best thing out of Raiden being there is we might get a Grey Fox Alt.
(At least I hope would be a much better ALT than MGS4 raiden)

SSReborn

Did you guys see the new mode mention? Kill Limit. Lame name, but basic enough concept that it had to exist.

I am super happy to hear about more customization options, like insta-respawn. IMO, this really will make Super 3's so much more worth striving for. As it is now, Super 1's are common to see that Super 3's become unnecessary, but imagine using Dante's Super 3 with little to no spawn downtime. Easy 10 kills! Micro-adjusting the length of some Super 3's would be cool too.

Allowing for a level of customization depth to allow for something like:

"Super 1 only" + "-75% AP rate" + "Kill Limit/Stock" would be a great 1v1 variation too.

I missed you guys

Welcome back man

TheMink

yeah I know that this is far from confirmation when I posted it but it seemed a lot of hope has been drained and this shows there may be some left. I would love superbot for ever if there master plan was to give themink the worst case senerio and then hitting us with crash. It's a longshot but sometime longshots to win.

That would be hilarious if i was given worst case scenario info lol XD

I would welcome it though :p

So here's the deal GAF. ATVIAssist does not have any information about Playstation All Stars. Yes they own the Crash and Spyro IP but the support representative who spoke about it is a gamer like you and I (Not an IT nerd from one of the post I read. Not sure if derogatory or good) I'm sure the Twitter account is going to get a follower boost.

Just want to make sure and let you know. They do not have any insider information about a Sony/SuperBot game. The guy asked about it like a small segment usually do on a weekly basis about Crash and Spyro in some shape or fashion (HD Remix, new game, etc.) The reason he was sent over to SuperBot's Twitter is because they are the developers of the game. It's that simple.

Shameless plug: If you do have technical questions about an Activision game, feel free to contact @ATVIAssist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom