• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess the new thing to do is to quit when you're losing and cause the game to disconnect? It's a beta no one is keeping track of your precious W/L record.

Hmm you sure people are doing that on purpose?

Played one guy 3 times straight and he won 2 matches on a row. On the third he was losing badly and all of sudden, host lost.

Another match goes double overtime and a guy goes God mode with Kratos and sure enough, host lost. This can't be coincidence.

I am cool. :) I just think we need to collectively stop giving this attention leech what he wants.

What's really irritating is that with Brawl, fans had the Smash Dojo. I don't know if you guys were ever a part of that, but it made every weekday at 8am in the UK (midnight in America) a giddy thrill.

With PSBR, we get a massive info leak and images of an dude working out because he wants us to look at him.

Oh man, I hear that. Friday nights have never been as consistently exciting as they were during the weekly Smash Dojo updates. They happened at 9pm for me since I live on the West Coast.

I hope Sakurai does the same thing for Smash 4.

Loudninja

Played one guy 3 times straight and he won 2 matches on a row. On the third he was losing badly and all of sudden, host lost.

Another match goes double overtime and a guy goes God mode with Kratos and sure enough, host lost. This can't be coincidence.
I see,I did go Level 3 with sweet tooth ans the same thing happen to me.

Look if you going to get all angry everything he posts something than dont post it here its getting annoying.

He already made it clear many times that his hints will be vague form now on.

I dont think you're being an ass and completely agree. Guys you know what you're getting from the Gale - DONT BE SURPRISED AND ANGRY WHEN YOU GET EXACTLY THAT.
Accept it for what it is and move on.

And no keep posting it here because it is valid information for the thread.

my 2 cents.

I hate to say it (only because I want Lightning), but that does seem like the obvious conclusion.

Hopefully it's a stage. SotC could make for an AMAZING stage in PSASBR. But as much as I love both Ico and SotC, I think Wander would make for a terribly bland playable character.

Honestly, I believe that if done right (read: utilizing all of his Time Attack items), Wander could be a more interesting character than Crash, Snake or Cloud.

And wow, if that pushup thing really is teasing Shadow of the Colossus that would be so wonderfully vain :)

Loudninja

Psh, nonsense. No need to apologize for anything!

I dont think you're being an ass and completely agree. Guys you know what you're getting from the Gale - DONT BE SURPRISED AND ANGRY WHEN YOU GET EXACTLY THAT.

my 2 cents.
Thanks I think some people are way to serious about this type of stuff.

I though it was all good fun same with IGN silly character requests.

Thanks I think some people are way to serious about this type of stuff.

I though it was all good fun same with IGN silly character requests.

I do agree. I think people can just become a little too invested at times. Same thing happens in all walks of life, like sports for instance. I hate to boil it down to something so basic, but the game is a ton of fun and we should be thankful for that and consider anymore characters an awesome bonus. Not to mention there is a lot of content hinted at that we know next to nothing about. Story, game modes, minions, etc. There will be plenty of content and fun to be had to warrant a purchase for me.

Gale has already basically confirmed several times that the final roster has 22 characters or more.

Of course, that depends on whether or not you believe anything he says.

Mink ''confirmed'' Lightning and Gale ''confirmed'' TGS showings. You can't trust these prophets, far too unstable beings!

Believe it or not, I'm not a hate-monger or a real cynic or even that easily-riled. I'm mellow. Slow to temper. But Paul Gale's whole manner and persona has been reeeeally fucking creepily vain throughout this game's whole revealing and I'll be happy when it finally comes out so I don't have to tarnish my psyche with his self-deifying masturbatory exercise of a website ever again, or see a fine community like PSBR's fuelling his ego, trying to spot Crash Bandicoot in the shape of his fuckin' abs.

Oh we will be right back at this in a few years when PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Close Quarters Combat is announced :3. Also any possible DLC will be milked dry by Gale ^^.

At this point Superbot has outsourced any marketing of this game to Gale anyway lol.

TheMink

Mink ''confirmed'' Lightning and Gale ''confirmed'' TGS showings. You can't trust these prophets, far too unstable beings!

Oh we will be right back at this in a few years when PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Close Quarters Combat is announced :3

At this point Superbot has outsourced any marketing of this game to Gale anyway lol.

Haha yeah

wait...

my 2 cents.

I am neither surprised nor as angry as I seem. Just pointing out, he's a bit of a cock, and you can't avoid his vague bullshit if you want to be in any way involved in this community. I didn't mean to rub you the wrong way, Loudninja. You want me to move on from it though, I will.

Said it before, but I would bet money on there being Team ICO represented in this game in some form. No way they'd leave it out, especially after the HD collection and that Colossus showing up in the Sony ad, lol.

Has anybody played against this COS-117? (i think its COS or CIS) he is GODLY with Fat P.
Destroyed me and everybody else. Made me get second place - IM NOT USED TO LOWER THAN FIRST RAWRRR

Oh and if we are making zany character bets (itchy already has money down on a Team ICO character), then I say I put money down there will be an Ubisoft rep in this game. Most likely Assassins Creed. BOOK IT!!!!

Hey some of you guys hop on the beta for 2 v 2

Send a friend invite, and I am there.

SSReborn

Oh and if we are making zany character bets (itchy already has money down on a Team ICO character), then I say I put money down there will be an Ubisoft rep in this game. Most likely Assassins Creed. BOOK IT!!!!

Send a friend invite, and I am there.

I'm playing with Time can you find a partner? We need some opponents.

shink

Being the ignorant person, I always thought I was disconnected from host due to a bad connection.

However, one time I lost connection at the round end screen so I think most of these disconnects were probably due to quitting.

SmithnCo

They really need to make sure there is good anti-disconnect systems in the final game. Disconnectors having to face each other is always a good one.

They really need to make sure there is good anti-disconnect systems in the final game. Disconnectors having to face each other is always a good one.

I really wish they made it to where people that turn off power, quit game, or disconnect internet midgame get suspended for 48 from online play. That may sound severe, but rarely does any of those things happen by accident. Game freezing or crashing is another story and shouldn't be punished. If only someone could create such a punishment system.

Problem is on PSN they can always just create another PSN name, but if they kept doing that they would accumulate a graveyard of PSN IDs.

Sorry Obs, I guess we disbanded after not being able to find a match? I gotta watch something now so hopefully we can play again later.

No problem. We had a couple of great matches. I was trying to set you up for some level ones, but I think I knocked people out of your reach a few times. :p Fun Times though. Funny that when we play 2v2 against a GAF member and another person playing with a friend locally we don't get disconnected from the game....strange how that happens.

stupid rage quiters

Drencrom

I'm really getting impatient with this non-news streak lately, can't they just give us a date or something?

imfZ7wkhVlbIn.gif

Mr. Fix

It won't be. It'll be chock full of empty beats and dubstep wubs. That is, unless that leaked epic JRPG-esque music actually is reflective of stuff on the soundtrack.. The new menu theme is fun, but it's still a bit too techno-y for me. I imagined this game to have an orchestral theme all around, a la SSB, or at least non-techno heavy arrangements.

The new BGM is more noticeable but it's really hard for me to hear it without being invited to the new beta so.. The new SFX sounded great though, almost overwhelming compared to what we had before. Still, hoping we get a good mix of themes.

If they do manage to make a sequel, I want remasters of themes done with organically (instruments) a la SSB.

Oh man, I hear that. Friday nights have never been as consistently exciting as they were during the weekly Smash Dojo updates. They happened at 9pm for me since I live on the West Coast.

I hope Sakurai does the same thing for Smash 4.

Dojo came during the mornings for me. So good.

This x9999.

Every 2 disconnects= locking out random character (pay to re-unlock)

Superbot:

-Add exciting overtime music
-Add exciting Super 3 music from character-specific game
-Unified UI, intros, and outros for tag teams?

I let my young cousin play while I was doing something and all I hear is the sound of Sweet Tooth unleashing his level 1 super consecutively with barely a minute between each. I'm like "what??" in my head. He must've did his LVL1 super like 6-7 times in the span of a minute.

Oh, I played COS once or twice before... I think I beat him by a point once and then he beat me by 1-3. ):

No problem. We had a couple of great matches. I was trying to set you up for some level ones, but I think I knocked people out of your reach a few times. :p Fun Times though. Funny that when we play 2v2 against a GAF member and another person playing with a friend locally we don't get disconnected from the game....strange how that happens.

stupid rage quiters
That we did! I did the same thing to you, too, so don't worry. :p Darknessbear, I hope we ruined the game for your guest! :D And hehe, yeah, the second group DC'd. Also during that second match I got some lag and input delay, which totally threw me off...

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
It won't be. It'll be chock full of empty beats and dubstep wubs. That is, unless that leaked epic JRPG-esque music actually is reflective of stuff on the soundtrack.. The new menu theme is fun, but it's still a bit too techno-y for me. I imagined this game to have an orchestral theme all around, a la SSB, or at least non-techno heavy arrangements.

The new BGM is more noticeable but it's really hard for me to hear it without being invited to the new beta so.. The new SFX sounded great though, almost overwhelming compared to what we had before. Still, hoping we get a good mix of themes.

Orchestral doesn't automatically equate to awesome. I love orchestral soundtracks, but I like the techno vibe of the PBR soundtrack so far. Sony has always pushed themselves as being "cutting edge," I think a techno soundtrack fits "PlayStation" more than pure orchestra.

Although I wouldn't mind a few tracks going in that direction.

Shadow of the Colossus confirmed!

Looks like Sagat from Street Fighter to me.

edit: notice the hand wraps on his wrists. Look's exactly like the ones a muay tai fighter like Sagat would use. How disappointed would everyone be if a character like Sagat got in the game??! LMAO. would be random as all hell.

Mr. Fix

Orchestral doesn't automatically equate to awesome. I love orchestral soundtracks, but I like the techno vibe of the PBR soundtrack so far. Sony has always pushed themselves as being "cutting edge," I think a techno soundtrack fits "PlayStation" more than pure orchestra.

Although I wouldn't mind a few tracks going in that direction.

Aren't the tracks here just remixes though? It'd be nice if they redid them from scratch changing them up a bit.

Oh, I played COS once or twice before... I think I beat him by a point once and then he beat me by 1-3. ):

That we did! I did the same thing to you, too, so don't worry. :p Darknessbear, I hope we ruined the game for your guest! :D And hehe, yeah, the second group DC'd. Also during that second match I got some lag and input delay, which totally threw me off...

LOL! and yea sure input delay....uh huh...sure thing boss.

Just watched the Quick Look and this looks... kind of bad? .__.

FIRST OFF!!! welcome to the thread :)

Secondly that was an old build from the previous closed beta and I think all fighting games look boring even Smash on video with no context. It's the excitement from the players and the people watching that make it exciting. Imagine watch a pro sport in an empty stadium, especially baseball. SORRY BASEBALL FANS!! But let's face you have to have a few beers and some friends to really enjoy baseball. lol

Mr. Fix

Just watched the Quick Look and this looks... kind of bad? .__.

How so, breh? I'm not here to bag on you for the sake on nut-hugging this game. I'm genuinely curious. We may be able to clarify some things for you.

If it's just the graphics, they look much better in motion when you play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom