• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really should, lots of humour action and platforming. 11 Days you can do it!
Which reminds me I should try out the ratchet and clank games sometime.
You really should, lots of humour action and platforming. 11 Days you can do it!
Which reminds me I should try out the sly cooper games sometime.

nickcv

i don't know if this one is a new news or not:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...matic-and-final-boss-unveiled/#comment-778227

Seth Killian:
Beyond arcade mode with intros, endings, and rival cut-scenes for every character and all the multiplayer stuff, All-Stars has tons of interesting challenges and trials (both overall trials and character-specific stuff). Certainly it’s hundreds of hours of content there, and a very extensive set of unlocks, from titles, to taunts, to character-specific intro and outro moves, musical themes, badges, etc. Hope this helps.

Which reminds me I should try out the ratchet and clank games sometime.

If you don't want to swim trough every game (I guess I could recommend that also) if you want just a great quick look at the series you could dive straight into ''The crack in time.''

ACiT is very self contained, best game in the series imo, trophies (and fairly easy/fast platinum if you are a hunter) and according to my friend it has killer swedish dub option if you want to go that way :lol. Funny thing is it's the only game I have ''suffered'' to play dubbed since it kinda feels like a great kids cartoon. Humour is decent, gameplay is great, good characters. One of the best PS3 exclusives and it pains me that it didn't sell nearly as much as it deserved. Also still the only game I have platinumed before PSASBR ofc ;). The game is floating around very cheap too.

For me personally this game forces me to buy Sly collection. Only 10€ due to the sale so not a big investment either for 3 games :3.

Wait, there's a Killzone level?
Yes. It's a mashup with Ape Escape.

Tsunamo

Wait, there's a Killzone level?
Yep, crossed with Ape Escape! There's been a few seconds of footage and pictures of it here and there, but there's never been a proper reveal of it yet.
I don't think it was really specified how much in terms of content in All-Stars there was before. They mentioned the modes and making it sound like there was a fair bit to unlock, but I don't think anything was really specified too much before. Nice to hear Seth seems confident in the amount of content in there, very reassuring.
The Ape Escape/Killzone level is one of if not my most anticipated stage. Can't wait for the Twisted Metal stage too
Ditto! Those are both my most anticipated stages! Can't wait to play on them!
Which reminds me I should try out the sly cooper games sometime.
I played Jak and Daxter along with Ratchet & Clank in the PS2 era, but skipped the Sly games. I eventually the HD Collection and loved them great fun games that I had a blast playing, highly recommend them.

Lord Phol

If you don't want to swim trough every game (I guess I could recommend that also) if you want just a great quick look at the series you could dive straight into ''The crack in time.''

ACiT is very self contained, best game in the series imo, trophies (and fairly easy/fast platinum if you are a hunter) and according to my friend it has killer swedish dub option if you want to go that way :lol. Funny thing is it's the only game I have ''suffered'' to play dubbed since it kinda feels like a great kids cartoon. Humour is decent, gameplay is great, good characters. One of the best PS3 exclusives and it pains me that it didn't sell nearly as much as it deserved. Also still the only game I have platinumed before PSASBR ofc ;). The game is floating around very cheap too.

Oh cool, that sounds perfect! I remember trying the demo and enjoying it quite alot. Will definitely have to try the Swedish dub xD.

pantsmith

Anyone know where I can find some good clips of people playing really well?

I'm trying to explain how the game works to a skeptical friend who I've almost won over, and the clip between Clockwork and Omar was a great start.

I was watching that stream a couple nights ago and that was pretty good. Is that footage available anywhere?

KevinCow

Banned
Anyone know where I can find some good clips of people playing really well?

I'm trying to explain how the game works to a skeptical friend who I've almost won over, and the clip between Clockwork and Omar was a great start.

I was watching that stream a couple nights ago and that was pretty good. Is that footage available anywhere?

Those are pretty much the best matches I've seen. There's a link somewhere in this thread. Check back a few pages.

I'd find it for you, but I'm on my phone.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
The stage is invaded by some giant robots from Ape Escape but im not sure what they do.

I played that stage at the LA Beatdown, and it was awesome. The robots shoot at the stage, and blow away a portion of it, creating a lower level for players to battle on.

After everything that's been released, I can happilly admit being wrong about this game. Really think it's come into it's own as development went on. Still not thrilled about everything
hate dino
, but nowhere near being a deal breaker.

Day one.

Takao

Banned
WblfW.png

Calling all Toronto PlayStation fans -- come join us at the PlayStation Lounge at 267 Yonge Street on November 18 for the PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale tournament.

This is your chance to try-out the game before its official launch on 11/20. Plus you could win awesome prizes! How awesome does that sound?

Think you have what it takes to win the ultimate match?

Hope to see you there!

https://www.facebook.com/events/306910372756799/

Fuck! I want the Nathan Statue. Is it that new one they just showed by sideshow?!?

Come to Los Angeles! Nothing ever comes to LA.
lol

SSReborn

Oh I'm definitely going to the Toronto tournament.

Speaking of which found this on the back of one of those free magazines they have at the theatres where I live. I so wish they used some of these renders for the boxart.

KevinCow

Banned
I'm trying to figure out the reasons for all the rivalries.

Jak vs. Ratchet - Because duh.
Drake vs. Sly - They're both thieves.
Sackboy vs. Big Daddy - The amusing dichotomy. Biggest character vs. smallest character. Giant hulking metal monster vs. cute little soft plushie.
Nariko vs. Dante - Ninja Theory. Plus they're both sword-wielding stylish action characters.
Heihachi vs. Toro - Both speak Japanese. Plus Toro bases his fighting style on various fighting game characters, and Heihachi is a fighting game character.
Cole vs. Raiden - Lightning vs. Lightning
Sweet Tooth vs. Kratos - Jaffe/Santa Monica characters. Plus they're both psychopathic killers. Huh. I wonder if it says anything about Jaffe that his two most popular characters are both psychopathic killers?

Fat Princess vs. Evil Cole - ??? This is the most baffling.
Sir Dan vs. Radec - ??? This just seems like a bad matchup for Radec, given Sir Dan's projectile-blocking shield.
Spike vs. Parappa - ??? Both are PS1 characters, but I can't think of anything beyond that.

Mik_Pad

Banned

Sackboy vs. Big Daddy - The amusing dichotomy. Biggest character vs. smallest character. Giant hulking metal monster vs. cute little soft plushie.
Nariko vs. Dante - Ninja Theory. Plus they're both sword-wielding stylish action characters.
Heihachi vs. Toro - Both speak Japanese. Plus Toro bases his fighting style on various fighting game characters, and Heihachi is a fighting game character.
Sweet Tooth vs. Kratos - Jaffe/Santa Monica characters. Plus they're both psychopathic killers. Huh. I wonder if it says anything about Jaffe that his two most popular characters are both psychopathic killers?

Sir Dan vs. Radec - ??? This just seems like a bad matchup for Radec, given Sir Dan's projectile-blocking shield.
Spike vs. Parappa - ??? Both are PS1 characters, but I can't think of anything beyond that.
I think Sackboy vs Big Daddy is because BD is jealous that Little Sisters likes Sackboy or something like that.

SSReborn

For Sir Dan and Radec - They are both Soldiers
Fat P and Evil Cole - I heard on IGN's Rewind Theatre that it may be that Fat Princess reminds Cole of Trish from Infamous 1 and he wants to completely erase any association of that from his memory
Spike vs Parappa - PS1 Characters

Hey Boss check your PMs

Sry was playing Medievil to get ready for PSASBR lol.

I'm surprised how much I like it even tho it clearly hasn't aged that well compared to some other classics. I did play it as a kid but wasn't really a huge medievil nut mainly cause I didn't personally own the game.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA

I actually love the idea of the clumsy, awkward Sir Dan, vs the sleek, precise killing machine that is Colonel Radec. I imagine he will simply loath Sir Dan. "You call yourself a Knight? Pah! Let's see if I can't make your skull match your lower jaw: by removing it from your body..." *aims down sniper scope*

As for Evil Cole and Fat Princess, you got me there. I think it's hilarious, though, be cause she's just so damn adorably fat, and Evil Cole, especially inFAMOUS 2 Evil Cole, is a bastard of the 9th degree. I think he'd fight her "just cuz." Lol.

cyborg009

Banned
For Sir Dan and Radec - They are both Soldiers
Fat P and Evil Cole - I heard on IGN's Rewind Theatre that it may be that Fat Princess reminds Cole of Trish from Infamous 1 and he wants to completely erase any association of that from his memory
Spike vs Parappa - PS1 Characters

that's a really wild guess....

IGN Live Presents: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/11/...battle-royale?abthid=509d9873be10adde150003aa

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is the most anticipated PS3 game of the year. It's out 11/20, but you don't have to wait until then to see it in action: we'll be live streaming it a week early on Wednesday, November 14, from 2-4PM Pacific.

Welp. That's basically as good a preview as you're gonna get. Everything will be seen then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom