• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
You know what, this thread still has some legs on it.
I was just discussing this with some friends, what are everyone's plans for first thing they do with the game? I imagine I'm going to start just playing against some bots with some characters I've been itching to play as then jump right into Evil Cole or Drake's arcade stories

I'm going to go through all of the menus, and look at the Extras tab I saw in the Main Menu screen. Then I'm going to tackle Ratchet's story mode first, then Good Cole, so I can prepare for my write ups in the OT.

at the very least I think we'll get a alternate costume of Spikes clothes from the original.

Yeah I guess we should expect that. I would really like to see the original, but something especially awesome would be nice, not a fan of the pre-order costume

Oh wow I really didn't take in the fact that Sir Dan's Level 1 can be aimed Up forward, Straight Up, or Up Back.

That actually makes it a lot cooler

Drago

Yeah, I don't think I'll be getting this on day 1 anymore sadly :(

My budget is too small for the rest of the year and my PS3 backlog is way longer than it should be (~10 games), and I really don't have all that much hype for this right now, so I figure it's best if I just skip it for the moment. I still plan on picking it up eventually, but it's just going to have to wait for now.

Hopefully the community will still be active by February or so. It's been a lot fun guys, and I hope to be playing this soon enough. :)

Ran rp

SuperBot has really impressed me with the final build. Every one of my concerns and complaints from the initial beta has been put to rest.

I think this is going to be the first Vita game that I download instead of going physical. I want to have it ready to go at all times.

PSY・S;44179988 said:
SuperBot has really impressed me with the final build. Every one of my concerns and complaints from the initial beta has been put to rest.

I think this is going to be the first Vita game that I download instead of going physical. I want to have it ready to go at all times.

Man my Vita is gonna get some wild play from this. Might end up buying that battery extender/grip for this game alone

KevinCow

Banned
I like how almost every character seems to be stupidly overpowered in some way.

Radec, Cole, Evil Cole, Jak, Ratchet, Sackboy, Drake - Projectiles EVERYWHERE!
Dante, Nariko, Raiden - Combos out the ass!
Kratos, Spike - Combos out the ass, and a bunch of other versatile toys!
Big Daddy - Super armor, because he don't give no shits about your moves!
Sir Daniel - A shield that blocks projectiles!
Sly - Unlimited invisibility!

The only ones I don't really feel that way about are Parappa, Fat Princess, Sweet Tooth, Heihachi, and Toro. The first three seem pretty good despite their lack of some blatantly overpowered feature, just more balanced. Heihachi and Toro, though... I dunno, I haven't really anything to convince me that they have much going for them.

sn00zer

The only ones I don't really feel that way about are Parappa, Fat Princess, Sweet Tooth, Heihachi, and Toro. The first three seem pretty good despite their lack of some blatantly overpowered feature, just more balanced. Heihachi and Toro, though... I dunno, I haven't really anything to convince me that they have much going for them.
Games unbalanced because everyone is overpowered

SmithnCo

I've seen promising things about Toro. I believe one of his moves pulls people in, which is always useful. He also has a sleep move that gains AP, which as I've seen with Parappa, is great for baiting and a little AP gain after kills as well.

I like the bait aspect of Parappa so much that it make me want to give Toro a shot as well. His level 1 seems okay too, maybe on par with FPs, slow but can take out a small crowd. His level 2 looks tricky but seems like with practice, it can be deadly. I imagine if you stood back and no one was paying attention, you could easily get a crowd with it, as it's a pretty big explosion.

SmithnCo

Parappa has the mic grab which is extremely good.

Yup. Easy to pull out a max combo if you can get the mic grab to connect. His level 1 is underrated as well, it can easily strike opponents that are a level above you without them expecting it. Boom box can bait for this situation as well.

TheMink

Dude, hiehachis wave dash is crazy freaking awesome, Toro can change forms/has the most moves, parappa is awesome, fat princess can attack with out stopping herself and sweet tooth........ has a sucktastic lvl 2.... idk ask napalm. :p

Tsunamo

? Me too! Is this your OT?

Hey, this game should have leaked already, I want a glimpse of the final boss level
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44176917&postcount=19809
It already has in Poland! :D
Hopefully some footage appears on the net soon
PSY・S;44179988 said:

It'll be my first Vita game that I'm getting digitally aswell. Having it on the Vita at all times will be great!

Dude, hiehachis wave dash is crazy freaking awesome, Toro can change forms/has the most moves, parappa is awesome, fat princess can attack with out stopping herself and sweet tooth........ has a sucktastic lvl 2.... idk ask napalm. :p

Sweet Tooth has the fastest gain for lvl1 super. Just needs a boost for the shitty lvl 2.

And Parappas lvl 1 and 2 are brutal. Parappas lvl 1 IGNORES ALL WALLS AND IS AERIAL. What this means you may ask?
0LKPZ.png

Parappa standing on the yellow dot using lvl 1 kills anyone standing on the red platform.

Sweet Tooth has the fastest gain for lvl1 super. Just needs a boost for the shitty lvl 2.

And Parappas lvl 1 and 2 are brutal. Parappas lvl 1 IGNORES ALL WALLS AND IS AERIAL. What this means you may ask?
0LKPZ.png

Parappa standing on the yellow dot using lvl 1 kills anyone standing on the red platform.

Yup, freaking CC did that whole game and racked like 7 kills when I teamed with him.

Sweet Tooth's super 2 is best used when enemies are bunched up, but unfortunately the whole idea of guiding a rocket is useless when you do that. I dont really have a problem with it anymore because you CAN get good kills, just not as intended

Vysetron

Neo Member
Oh wow, this thread is ending? It's crazy that you guys worked through two of these. Makes me feel weird for lurking so long.

Anyway, 10 days aaaaargh

It was just me proofreading Minks OTs HORRIBLE english. What DO they teach you in schools America?

He wrote ''Jak and Daxter'' as ''Jak & Daxter''. Can you believe that guy?

This literally makes me sick, as a fan of good diction, this makes me want to sue because wrong that is soo. Hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom