• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing Tomba hit the PSN today, I seriously hope that he makes it into the game. He's so iconic looking and his game is 2D FFS! DO IT SUPERBOT!

Mr. Fix

As long as we get a Chimera and Nariko, I'm good with the 1st party side, since they aren't as obvious as ones like Cole/Sackboy.

And yo SuperBot:
isUaB.jpg

What's good, fellas?

Can you throw items in this game like in Smash. It would be kinda silly just being able to simply just drop an item.

I remember reading or hearing somewhere that currently, sadly, you can only pick up and drop items, but some are designed to be thrown, like the hedgehog grenade. I'm still trying to get clarification on that, I didn't include it in my blog because of that.

Drencrom

So I finally got around to finishing that blog. If it's inappropriate to post it here, tell me and I'll edit but I have basically all the information regarding All-Stars, and why it's different from SSB:

http://brandonorselli.blogspot.com/2012/06/why-playstation-all-stars-is.html

Let me know what you guys think?

That's pretty extensive, good job. Haven't read everything yet but it looks like you've summarized all the information.

After seeing Tomba hit the PSN today, I seriously hope that he makes it into the game. He's so iconic looking and his game is 2D FFS! DO IT SUPERBOT!

Tomba got to be in. He's a perfect fit for this kind of game.

lol nice avatar change corporate ;)

Wow, I'm really shocked that they're having Bamco co-develop it. I still don't think this rules out any of their characters showing up in All-Stars. It just means that Sakurai and his team are dragging behind and are nowhere near ready to actually start working on the game when they realize the Wii U desperately needs it at launch.

Takao

Banned
Wow, I'm really shocked that they're having Bamco co-develop it. I still don't think this rules out any of their characters showing up in All-Stars. It just means that Sakurai and his team are dragging behind and are nowhere near ready to actually start working on the game when they realize the Wii U desperately needs it at launch.

Smash will be late 2013/early 2014. No way that makes launch.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Because they're working on Smash Bros 4.

Oh wow, unexpected. Well there are plenty of other third parties to get characters from. Tekken was the only real thing sony would probably want to take from, but I'd rather not have any fighting characters personally. They would have to be dumbed down to work and while I like that the gameplay is dumbed down, its probably best not to bring attention to it.

Smash will be late 2013/early 2014. No way that makes launch.

I was thinking it'll take long actually, because they're not even into the bulk of the development. Wasn't the statement that Namco is just done with the prototype? It's kind of laughable that they said "Yeah, it's here, but we haven't started development for it" last year and they've basically done nothing since.

Edit: Also this is great for All-Stars, it gives it a lot of time to stretch its legs and establish a fanbase before the new SSB comes to compete.

Offtopic but why would SMB team up with Namco Bandai? Just feels off.

They need as many people as they can get, and maybe need help with online stuff? I would guess.

I felt the same way, that they're just lagging behind and Sakurai just doesn't want to work on the games anymore, so they're basically outsourcing the game to Namco as far as I'm concerned. The tech demo or w/e is even made solely by Namco right? I'm curious if this game will be a faithful sequel or just something handed off to try and please the fans, when it probably won't after seeing how Brawl turned out.

Also we need to get the OP to tidy up the first post, those screens are fucking gargantuan and need to be toned down a bit. I just wish everything was a bit more concise and easier to read.

Endo Punk

Also this is great for All-Stars, it gives it a lot of time to stretch its legs and establish a fanbase before the new SSB comes to compete.

There is really zero chance the games will affect each others sales because they're exclusive and no other games like it on their respective system.

As much as I want Dante there is no way Capcom wll let SuperBot use the original version now that they have a brand new Dante releasing 3 months later.

The original Dante is more relevant to the PlayStation brand especially during the exclusive days with the PS2. This new Dante has nothing to do with Playstation anymore than it has to do with the Xbox.

If anything I'd imagine Capcom would want feedback and how they are designing Dante's moves, since it's his mannerisms and special attacks that define the character moreso than the character himself. Plus Dante is a rooted character in fighting games now with his popularity in the Marvel games.

Endo Punk

The original Dante is more relevant to the PlayStation brand especially during the exclusive days with the PS2. This new Dante has nothing to do with Playstation anymore than it has to do with the Xbox.

If anything I'd imagine Capcom would want feedback and how they are designing Dante's moves, since it's his mannerisms and special attacks that define the character moreso than the character himself. Plus Dante is a rooted character in fighting games now with his popularity in the Marvel games.

Capcoms not making PBR, its SuberBot and I doubt they need Capcoms 'expertise'

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Well if you were Sony would you rather fight hard for old dante to statisfy some historical nostalgia, or would you want to hype up the game that is going to be selling on your system as being a playstation game? In the time of everything being multiplatform there is a new war going on to try and brand certain games as being affiliated with 360 or PS3.

For example think about how Activision was being paid to put the 360 symbol next to everything they did with modern warfare, like putting the 360 swoosh at the end of commercials and demoing it at the microsoft E3 press conference, and how Sony paid for Activision to do the same thing for them for Black Ops.

That is why I believe they put Big Daddy in there, to remind gamers that hey you can get a PS3 for Bioshock Infinite too. You'd be surprised how many people confuse games like Bioshock as being a Microsoft exclusive which is why this new weird war is so important.

And thats not even counting for what capcom wants, which is very possibly new dante or gtfo.

Of course, Superbot seems to know that this needs to be a good game first and not just a marketing tool, so some sort of balance will be struck for what will be best for the game and what will be best for the sony and third party brands.

Well if you were Sony would you rather fight hard for old dante to statisfy some historical nostalgia, or would you want to hype up the game that is going to be selling on your system as being a playstation game? In the time of everything being multiplatform there is a new war going on to try and brand certain games as being affiliated with 360 or PS3.

If I was Sony I would want the most popular version of a character that is likely to bring in sales from those fans. Also, I highly doubt that DmC will end the proper DMC series or even sell as much sell as much as the previous games so there's no real reason to hype up Dino over the Dante everyone has known for 4 games.

SmithnCo

Yeah, hopefully Toro has a lot of quirky moves but isn't a full-on joke character like in SFxT.

Did they pull the story because it was too early?

SykoTech

Anybody happen to save the thing before it was taken down?

He was pretty booty in SFXT. I hope Superbot will make a good version of him to not end up as a wasted slot

Agreed. Toro and Kuro were pretty useless to me in Street Fighter x Tekken. Here's hoping Toro will actually be fun to play as in this game.

SSReborn

Here's the article, I pulled out the unnecessary stuff.

I hope its not just Jak by himself and is both Jak and Daxter like Paul originally said I feel the character wouldn't be the same without his little ottsel friend. Plus Daxter is used throughout Jak's combat in the main series

Loudninja

I hope its not just Jak by himself and is both Jak and Daxter like Paul originally said I feel the character wouldn't be the same without his little ottsel friend. Plus Daxter is used throughout Jak's combat in the main series
If Big Daddy and the little sister are together than Jak and Daxter will be.

What's with this cat-thing? Wasn't it just in TXSF or SFXT (Whatever) Why does it need to be in another fighting game so fast?
Meh, Jak was a shoe-in anyway. Wish they'd get to the real surprises and stop beating around the bush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom