• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMink

Thank you for saying pretty much what was on my mind.

I'm actually sort of worried about Sackboy, I just have this bad feeling in my gut for some reason that he won't show up.

Just a feeling, though.

I don't think there is any need for worry :)
Sackboy is a huge huge huge Sony IP

Sponge

Banned
Plus Paul already confirmed him

Uh, no he hasn't. I asked about this because this thread has been saying it has for ages now.

Paul Gale said:
Sponge said:
Paul, I have a question to ask you.

People keep saying you confirmed that Sackboy is in Playstation All Stars ages ago, but I can't find the article where you stated this. Would you mind sharing that with me? It's just boggling my mind.

I never confirmed him.

Sponge

Banned
Oh

Well shit

I still have no doubts about his inclusion though

The fact he wasn't one of the first shown is a tad worrisome for me, Some people wonder why Fat princess was one of the first but I think it's because Santa Montica had a hand in her game.

I dunno, that doesn't mean much though. I just hope I am wrong.

Drago

The fact he wasn't one of the first shown is a tad worrisome for me, Some people wonder why Fat princess was one of the first but I think it's because Santa Montica had a hand in her game.

I dunno, that doesn't mean much though. I just hope I am wrong.
Considering icons such as Drake, Cole, and Jak weren't in the first showing, I wouldn't worry about Sackboy. :p

If he isn't in then SuperBot goofed up

Sponge

Banned
Considering icons such as Drake, Cole, and Jak weren't in the first showing, I wouldn't worry about Sackboy. :p

If he isn't in then SuperBot goofed up

That's pretty comforting

I guess I'm worrying just because he's one of the few obvious choices who haven't been leaked, but that means literally nothing.

SenEXunk

Banned
ROFL the Mario response will not sit well with Nintendo fans who already hate this games guts.

And it's confirmed Gamescom is going to be a major event for the game with more than 2 characters reveals as well as modes, expecting to see more final build stuff including character select screen and maybe some more polish.

did they confirm that the lbp characters from lbp1/2 wouldn't carry over to lbpk? i know that it isn't in the beta, but i figured it could still be in the final release.

pretty sure I remember a confirmation that the costumes wouldnt carry over. Different engines and such.

Drago

ROFL the Mario response will not sit well with Nintendo fans who already hate this games guts.

And it's confirmed Gamescom is going to be a major event for the game with more than 2 characters reveals as well as modes, expecting to see more final build stuff including character select screen and maybe some more polish.
Wait, more than 2 character reveals?

Then I'm guessing Ratchet, Sackboy, and Connor. Easiest guess I could make :p

Dusky

Wait, more than 2 character reveals?

Then I'm guessing Ratchet, Sackboy, and Connor. Easiest guess I could make :p

If they end up revealing more then 2 characters then I'd imagine it'd be at least 4 reveals. All reveals seem to come in pairs.

btkadams

pretty sure I remember a confirmation that the costumes wouldnt carry over. Different engines and such.

i understand the limitations of running on different engines, but that's a huge fuckup imo. lbpk is skinned and showcased as a littlebigplanet game. it should carry over people's sackboys just like lbp did to lbp2.

SenEXunk

Banned
I'm optimistic so expecting Daniel Fortesque, Jennifer Tate, Sackboy and Old Snake. It's Gamescom so most likely all character reveals will be based on European IP's and Snake on account of the 25th anniversary.

ACIII is releasing after PBR so there is no way Ubisoft will let Conner make his debut on any other game but theirs.

TheMink

I'm guessing Ratchet (and Clank), Snake, Sackboy, and Connor for gamescom. Maybe a couple of new stages and modes shown off as well.

I'm guessing
Evil cole, Nariko, ratchet and clank, and sackboy will be announced there

And at TGS
Lighting, Raiden, Spike, and Dante

(yes all from my previous list of guesses)

TheMink

I'm guessing Ratchet (and Clank), Snake, Sackboy, and Connor for gamescom. Maybe a couple of new stages and modes shown off as well.

I'm guessing
Evil Cole, Nariko, Ratchet and Clank, and Sackboy will be announced there

And at TGS

EDIT: sorry double post, it was a connection error

LuuKyK

I'm guessing
Evil Cole, Nariko, Ratchet and Clank, and Sackboy will be announced there

And at TGS

EDIT: sorry double post, it was a connection error

LOL

There is no way Evil Cole will be a character. Maybe it will be Cole's alternate costume. But a new character? Nah.

Boss Man

I believe Capcom said they wouldn't have any characters in the game, at least at launch anyway.

We might see them as future DLC
I can definitely see that happening.

I'll take a stab at the gamescon reveals. I don't think they're going to be super obvious, they never really have been. I'm also going to go with them holding out on Sackboy until the release date is closer, because he'll be a big deal and probably have a really interesting move set.

Nariko
Ratchet & Clank
Chimera
Connor

Cyberia

So was video of the panel ever posted in this thread ?

Well anyway here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH2aLkf1rMY

Holy shit that guy.
01laugh.gif

Loudninja

Ah I think I messed up,I thought he did confirmed sackboy,but I guess not.

But he is very very likely to be in since he has a entire stage.

Shahed

Ah I think I missed up,I thought he did confirmed sackboy,but I guess not.

But he is very very likely to be in since he has a entire stage.

It's okay. Sackboy is like Drake or Kratos, you know he'll be there.

Some people just don't need confirmation. It's just a matter of when they are announced

Raonak

Banned
Oh I know that, I'm just talking about the characters themselves.

Fighting games do this all the time. Hell, UMvC3 has Zero using an X skin and Trish with a Gloria outfit. There really is no sense to having "Evil Cole" as a separate character.

well, evil cole uses fire instead of ice, so theres that. it's odd not seeing fire powers.

Would be cool if cole had a karma mechanic ingame, like if square button did red lightining, and triangle did blue lightining, whichever one you used more would determine which supers you get (fire vs ice)

TheMink

well, evil cole uses fire instead of ice, so theres that. it's odd not seeing fire powers.

Would be cool if cole had a karma mechanic ingame, like if square button did red lightining, and triangle did blue lightining, whichever one you used more would determine which supers you get (fire vs ice)

I wouldn't be surprised of they reveled that he can swich between the two

But I'm still sticking with him being a separate entity

I made a joke earlier that Coles rival could in fact be himself, a battle between good and evil!
Story line might say somethig like "they were brought from different dimensions"

Clockw0rk

Yo! I hope you guys enjoyed the Jak and Cole reveals at Comic-Con. I've been maining Jak and Daxter here at the studio the past few weeks, and they're definitely a blast to play. Cole is also heaps of fun to play due to his varied arsenal of attacks and mobility options.

As an aside, I truly appreciate the enthusiasm that Mr. Gale and everyone else on GAF has for PASBR. With that said, I'd just like to clarify that he is not part of the SuperBot development team and that we have no relationship with him or any organizations affiliated.

Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom