• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I too would love some RPG characters but Sony doesn't own a lot of recognizable RPG IPs. Maybe Legend of Dragoon cam get a character.

Oh and Kat is a quasi RPG character, and female.

She checks those boxes Superbot. Make it happen.

Yes, they will be 75% forgiven with kat, 75% forgiven for a good Square Enix character, and 50% forgiven for each first party RPG character.

Those are my terms.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
But would it really hurt casual players if they were a little bit easier to get to? I really think the AP meter hurts even casual players in the end, especially after they give us a little more onscreen info.

They are retooling the UI, hopefully including a meter that better shows how much harder it is to get a level 3 than a level 1. And from my experience with smash, even casual players like to play in stock mode all of the time, and I think even they are going to get suspicious when they see a level one user blow through peoples stocks, while that level 3 they worked all match to get only takes off a fifth of everyone's lives. I think for the way kills work here, anti-stock is going to be the better mode but it still applies.

Hell even with my plan, level 1s are still the best. Three level 1s for most characters are going to be beneficial to those that know how to use them. If there is a casual that can only kill with level 3s, it's going to benefit him that he could easily throw a level 3 out and even have time to build another level 2 or 3. It brings him up closer to my level, while still giving me the advantage.

No, I don't disagree at all. I think they SHOULD be easier to achieve, I just think that most of us more experienced players will get more value out of successfully executing Level 1's and 2's. I tend to win most of my matches as Kratos sticking with his Level 1. I pulled off a Level 3 for the first time on Saturday. Lol. I will occasionally go for a Level 2, but it's pretty rare. I just enjoy the Level 1, and setting people up/exploiting opportunity to take someone out with it is very satisfying.

Something like AP gain can be tweaked well before and after release, so at least what you guys are suggesting can be implemented and tested out, then tweaked some more. I'm just really looking forward to the next beta patch. It really needs it soon.

Shahed

Yes, they will be 75% forgiven with kat, 75% forgiven for a good Square Enix character, and 50% forgiven for each first party RPG character.

Those are my terms.

Kat, Cloud and Dart/Rose.

That would be perfect. I wouldn't even really be that bothered about the lack of Crash or Spyro anymore.
yes I would

Loudninja

What ever they got plan its going to be awesome.

One way or another this game will have a ton of playable and non playable characters.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
If Square Aenix doesn't play ball the choices dry p pretty quick

I'd like a Persona / SMT character though

Yeah I really think Atlus would jump on the opertunity if superbot offered. Even if not I'd take a single character from Wild Arms, Legend of Dragoon, Dark Cloud, White Knight Chronicals, or one of the other RPGs I feel I'm forgetting about.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
She is a fun character, but not a great character and really not recognizable. She is right up the front in the box art it's a terrible choice IMO. Have sack boy, and ape escape monkey, Parappa Represent the cartoony on the cover. She should be down the bottom of the list in terms of being the face of this game

Is FP really that unrecognizable? Wasn't Fat Princess one of the top selling PSN games of the month of it's release? I'd imagine that at least some segment of the PS fanbase that would be interested in PBR would recognize her (or mistake her for a Peach who's let herself go after settling down with Mario...).

Then again, maybe placing her up front with heavy hitters like Drake, Sweet Tooth (very iconic look and immediately recognizable to long term PS fans) and Kratos is a purposeful attempt by Sony to bump up her status by association. People are like, "Who the hell is this pink fat chick about to lay into Nathan Drake? She must be important in some way."

I do find it funny that she's pretty inactive in her own game, but in PBR, she's a powerhouse when in capable hands. I love FP, even though I've never played with her once. Lol. I just really enjoy fighting against a good FP player.

First party RPG character? Like what?

like one of this

• Wild Arms & Wild Arms Alter code F PS & PS2
  • Wild Arms 2nd ignition PS
  • Wild Arms 3rd Advance PS2
  • Wild Arms 4th Detonator PS2
  • Wild Arms V Vanguard PS2
  • Wild Arms XF PSP
  • Rogue Galaxy PS2
  • Dark Cloud PS2
  • Dark Cloud 2 PS2
  • Jeanne d'arc PSP
  • White Kningt Chronicles PS3
  • White Knight Chronicles II PS3
  • White Knight Chronicles Origin/Dogma Wars PSP
  • Ore no Shikabane o Koete Yuke/over my Dead Body PS & PSP
  • The Legend of Dragoon PS
  • Legend of Legaia PS
  • Legaia 2 Dual Saga PS2
  • Soul Sacrifice PSV
  • Demon Soul PS3
  • Folksoul/Folklore PS3
  • Patapon PSP
  • Patapon II PSP
  • Patapon III PSP
  • Alundra PS
  • Alundra 2 PS
  • PoPoLoCrois Monogatari PS
  • PoPoLoCrois Monogatari II PS
  • PoPoLoCrois: Hajimari no Bouken PS2
  • PoPoLoCrois: Tsuki no Okite no Bouken PS2
  • PoPoLoCrois Monogatari: Pietro Ouji no Bouken PSP
  • Yuusha no Kiroku PSV
  • Yuusha no Kuse ni Namaikida.3D/No Heroes Allowed! PSP
  • Yuusha no Kuse ni Namaikida./What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? PSP
  • What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? 2 PSP
  • Arc the Lad I PS
  • Arc The Lad II PS
  • Arc the Lad III PS
  • Arc The Lad Twilight of The spirit pS2
  • Arc The Lad End of Darkness PS2

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I have to finally disagree with you there. Just no

That series should be shot and retired

Fine. I guess it should show you how desperate I am at this point.

and you have to admit the design of the knights look pretty freaking awesome still

Sponge

Banned
I really don't et why Fat Pncess is front and center in all the promotions. The guys at Superbot must be the only people in the world to like that character so much

Santa Monica studio is helping with this game, and they had a helping hand in Fat Princess.

That's just my guess.

Come on guys, 3 Tekken characters as playable? Not happening. At best DLC themed packs, and most likely minions. SB is just fucking with us. I know ur reading this Omar, stop trolling!

Is FP really that unrecognizable? Wasn't Fat Princess one of the top selling PSN games of the month of it's release? I'd imagine that at least some segment of the PS fanbase that would be interested in PBR would recognize her (or mistake her for a Peach who's let herself go after settling down with Mario...).

Then again, maybe placing her up front with heavy hitters like Drake, Sweet Tooth (very iconic look and immediately recognizable to long term PS fans) and Kratos is a purposeful attempt by Sony to bump up her status by association. People are like, "Who the hell is this pink fat chick about to lay into Nathan Drake? She must be important in some way."

I do find it funny that she's pretty inactive in her own game, but in PBR, she's a powerhouse when in capable hands. I love FP, even though I've never played with her once. Lol. I just really enjoy fighting against a good FP player.
To the broad audience, I don't think they would have any clue who she is. I don't mind that she is in the cast, but as I said, she shouldn't be one of the faces of the game.

Spinluck

Lets just completely ignore the female cast of Tekken. :-(

Anyways, I'm glad if this is true, it means the initial leak isn't 100% solid. Which is what we were all hoping.

KingK

So they're going to have 3 Tekken characters? Really? I mean, I would rather not have Tekken characters, but I can understand having someone to rep the series and Heihachi's inclusion doesn't bother me, but hopefully they don't really have Tekken be the franchise with the most playable characters.

Also, while I like Raiden and think he'd be a good character, I really hope that all the leaks about him with no mention of Snake are just intentional misdirection to make us honestly surprised when Snake is announced. Because I can see no better way to solidify this game as "cheap Smash Bros. knockoff" in the minds of much of the public than to have Raiden and not Snake.

Nariko is a cool inclusion. Needs more female characters and I really liked Heavenly Sword.

Shahed

I had only barely heard of her until this game was announced.

I do plan on buying it before it comes out though

Spinluck

Anyone else like that boxart?

Looks like a Battle Royale :p

I like it.. well kinda, just feels like there is too much empty space.

Plus Nathan Drake is one of their million dollar men, I will lol@Sony if he isn't on the final cover, or if Sweet Tooth gets more poster room than him.

Boss Man

Wow. I always miss these leaks. And yeah. 3 tekken characters are a bit much. -_- I hope they are minions.

Also, where the FUCK is Lightning? t______________t
Best thing about this leak. :)

It didn't even show all of the known characters though, so don't panic.

SykoTech

So whats going on?

For the new page:

y1Jq2.png

q9Ckh.png

Shahed

I like it.. well kinda, just feels like there is too much empty space.

Plus Nathan Drake is one of their million dollar men, I will lol@Sony if he isn't on the final cover, or if Sweet Tooth gets more poster room than him.

Top right

I made the same mistake :p

Spinluck

Tbh, I'm not that bothered by the Tekken fighters; on the other hand, they can just be minions.

I know it's something dumb, but it just nags the hell outta me that we won't be getting at least 4-5 female characters in the final roster.

Why not that fire chick from inFamous 2 instead of Evil Cole, or just have Cole transform to Evil Core Zelda/Shiek style?

Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom