• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to post at least once a page about how I don't want three Tekken characters who all basically have the same fighting style. I meant to quote and make a point of this earlier:

To each their own. :) I crave mascots in Battle Royale far more than fighters plucked straight out of a beat 'em up. Half the fun with a game like this is taking someone unconventional to the fighting genre and seeing how they translate to it. Case in point with PaRappa - blocking with his skateboard, gaining AP with his Boom Box, dragging opponents closer with his mic lead and utilising his kung-fu skills learnt by Chop Chop Onion Master. Far more interesting than, well... you know who.

THIS. TIMES FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND. Why do we already have a fighting game character who already has moves established for him when they can pluck more awesome, non fighting game characters and develop a unique, completely original moveset for them.

That was one of the things I loved most about SSB, that none of the characters were from fighting games and how they were translated into fighters. To me, coming from that aspect of SSB's roster, it hurts my head to think that they're essentially reusing fighters from other fighting game franchises. It not only feels cheap, but it feels lazy.

B.O.O.M

The argument about 3 characters from Tekken Aside (I still think it might be 2 characters at best, and at least one will be a minion if not both). I don't mind seeing characters from fighting games in this title for two reasons

1. They are a big part of Playstation's past present and future.

2. This is a new setting for these characters. It's like Sf vs Tekken. Part of the appeal for me in that game is having Tekken characters in 2D. It's just a very different experience. It will be a different experience here as well.

That's how I see it. Heck I wouldn't mind seeing Ryu from SF and Scorpion in the game either.

That was one of the things I loved most about SSB, that none of the characters were from fighting games and how they were translated into fighters. To me, coming from that aspect of SSB's roster, it hurts my head to think that they're essentially reusing fighters from other fighting game franchises. It not only feels cheap, but it feels lazy.

Technically, technically Sonic was in two fighting games prior to Brawl, but yeah I agree with you both. If it's true it seems to me as a bit of a cop-out, because they would be easier to make movesets for. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Hyuga

Banned
I'm going to post at least once a page about how I don't want three Tekken characters who all basically have the same fighting style. I meant to quote and make a point of this earlier:

THIS. TIMES FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND. Why do we already have a fighting game character who already has moves established for him when they can pluck more awesome, non fighting game characters and develop a unique, completely original moveset for them.

Tekken = PlayStation (PSX/PS2)
Deal with it!

evolution

Im more interested in the potential match-ups between characters than what game there from. Just because there from a brawler or fighting game doesnt mean superbot is lazy for including them. People throw that word out too easily around here.

Mileena

Banned
Just got in the beta and the game feels pretty shitty. It may be because I have completely 0 interest in all the characters available, I dunno.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Just got in the beta and the game feels pretty shitty. It may be because I have completely 0 interest in all the characters available, I dunno.

Its fine for you to feel that way, but I would just once like to hear someone go into detail about what they don't like about it instead of coming in and spouting one sentence about how much they don't care for this game and leaving.

Clockw0rk

Just for clarification, the only Tekken characters in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale are Heihachi Mishima and his bodyguard Kuma.

Clock

TheMink

^boom
Everyone can stop freaking the hell out lol

ibaNsO1WQzN99w.gif

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Thank you, Clock! Jesus all that bitching was getting annoying to read.

I think I'll play a few rounds when I get home, since more new people are joining the beta. I'm really wanting to hear more impressions from the newcomers.

Shahed

Just for clarification, the only Tekken characters in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale are Heihachi Mishima and his bodyguard Kuma.

Clock

Thanks.

Well that's a relief. But at the same time I wouldn't have minded using Jin/Kazuya as alt costumes.

Saying that, if the Tekken one is debunked, maybe that also means Ryu won't be in? I might be in the minority, but I'd rather not have him

Boss Man

I'd consider Ryu to be very "RUMOR" right now, given that the characters on that banner must not be necessarily representative of what's in the game.

i think people don't understand the rules of this game because i'm destroying people and i'm not sure if they realize how they get points in the game

sweet tooth is a sweet ass up close character too

That was nice of Clock. He's a good noodle.
But they aren't in the game in any way? Darn. I liked knowing Ninja guy was in and we previously had no idea about him. Now everything is less leak and more rumor. But if Ninja guy isn't in I won't be upset.
Would it kill them to leak Scorpion? or Sora? or SPYRO?! AHHH

I guess they're cameos. Thanks, clock!

The way Clock said it makes it seem like they aren't in at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom