• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale GTTV Video

Darryl

Banned
there's just something about it man, it just doesn't look right. everything feels out of place. maybe i've just been playing too much smash bros.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
The art style is strange to look at. Parappa and Fat Princess look really off.

This is an obvious SSB rip off, but then again CTR was a copy of MK, and that did well, but at the same time I don't see this being a great game. Good, probably, and it will sell, but I don't see this as something to crush the competition or move systems.

angelfly

Game looks good but I probably won't be picking it up. I just don't have the same attachment to Sony characters to make something like this fun.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
It looks merely decent to me. Outside a couple, PS characters aren't nearly as interesting as those in Smash. The fact that the gameplay seems to be a carbon copy without much new doesn't help either.

Still, if it turns out to be good, I'll check it out.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
there's just something about it man, it just doesn't look right. everything feels out of place. maybe i've just been playing too much smash bros.

I agree. I was genuinely not impressed by this. It just doesn't look right for some reason. I'm eager to see more at E3 though and learn more about the game. I'm hoping there is a cool single player campaign kind of like Subspace Emissary.

Poyunch

The only thing that bothers me about making a Smash-like game is the inevitable All-Stars vs Smash Bros. arguments that are bound to happen. It's going to be terrible.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
And why do you think that will happen?

They confirmed 3rd party characters but who knows, Cloud was an iconic PlayStation character. :p

Noctis was just for lolz.

Einbroch

Banned
Er...no thank you. Don't care about the Playstation characters except maybe Parappa and Kratos.

Looks kinda flat and lifeless.

RagnarokX

This looks... much worse than I expected. What's with the horrible glowing auras around characters? It looks kinda dull and lifeless.

Thoraxes

Possible Third party Characters:
Snake
Ezio
Big Daddy
Dante
Issac Clarke
Batman
Commander Shepard
Some enemy Dark Souls
Prince from Prince of Persia 2008
Adam Jensen

Possible third-party characters: Any 3rd party character ever on a Sony system before.

Aru

It looks more like Battle Stadium D.O.N than Smash Bros:
- Life bars
- No throw away your opponents gameplay

Or maybe more like Onimusha Blade Warriors.

Yuripaw

Banned
I think it's kinda weird how blatant of a rip off of Super Smash Bros it actually is. I knew this was being talked about for a while, but wow...I didn't expect it to be EXACTLY like smash bros.

Emitan

I hope they make the characters look different. Kratos and Sweet Tooth sort of look the same. Hard to tell them apart when things are hectic.

I'm not really sure who 1/2 of these characters are... but I am amused that the game is so dark they have to put a white silhouette outline around everyone.

I think it's kinda weird how blatant of a rip off of Super Smash Bros it actually is. I knew this was being talked about for a while, but wow...I didn't expect it to be EXACTLY like smash bros.
it's not EXACTLY like smash bros. It has better graphics and a functional online system.

JEEZ.

looks good
but the roster is not that exciting and a bit boring for me
outside of parappa and patapon not enough love for sony jrpg character and scej title in general

jman2050

But no seriously, the problem I have is that there is a standard of quality in Smash that is automatically being attributed to this game merely by association when, in fact, there's no evidence to suggest that the developers are talented enough to pull off a Smash-like game that succeeds on its own merits.

Basically, if the implicit selling point is "It's just like smash brothers!" that's an automatic red flag from the start.

Kunan

It's interesting how they established a new studio specifically for this game. Reminds me of Brawl's development. Perhaps lightning will strike again?

Top Bottom