• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Well, this is frustrating, I can't seem to redeem the code. Loving the game so far, but would really like those costumes (Yes, I pre-ordered).

Drencrom

I thought the update delay was because they had to put it through QA, doesn't seem so when the fucking game doesn't even start lol

Leezard

I guess I'll just use this downtime to study for my finals. I need to be able to derive just about everything for my basic course in Fluid Mechanics anyway. :(

Vysetron

Neo Member
On the plus side, we got crash.

Misc_OhSnap_Bear_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Anyone find that playing in 2 v 2 or 1 v 1 amplifies your skill level then just playing FFA, especially in regards to 1 v 1.

Think about it every match up comes down to a 1 v 1 at some point.

I'm basically implementing my Smash background here. But Learning to play in a 1 v 1 setting is extremely awesome. And it shows greatly when you're playing in a FFA or Team Battle.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
You get warped back in front of them from the lag, they already grabbed you though and thats just your end of things falling behind.

I defend sackboy's ap gain because I can count the amount of times I've lost to him on one hand.

This is risky and doesnt work vs everyone, a lot of the cast can back roll or front roll away from it. Havent tested every one yet but Nariko cant do shit about it.

Ratchets reset is off a forward wrench into jump buzzblade

Yeah, I figured the bolded one pretty early.

So far, the one person who's had a pretty consistent time with avoiding that down throw level 1 set up is Heihachi. He's really good at back dashing or rolling out of it backwards.

Other characters I've faced so far have a rough time getting away.

But man, I'm loving Ratchet to death. I'm finding it really hard to pull away and play as my other faves.

I'm not sure i anyone has mentioned this here before, but i've just discovered that hitting the monkey cage on Invasion spawns unlimited AP orbs. :)

Shahed

While i've got the game pre ordered, I've not followed news all the way. He uses captured monsters right? A la Pokemon, Megaten and others?

Misterhbk

Just played my buggiest match yet. First off my partner is eliminated from the start so it's 2 on 1. Okay big deal. I'm Evil Cole and I catch both opponents in my level 2 yet only one of them dies. I catch one of them with my level 1. Doesn't die after slamming against the wall. Once again I catch them both with my level 2 and only one of them dies. Finally they kill me for the 5th time and the match ends. Fucking bullshit.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
This game is a buggy disaster... what in the hell is going on?!?! Do they have a testing department?!?! Seriously what the hell? I'm absolutely furious right now, not to mention I've had countless disconnects and glitches tonight.

- Was versing 2 trash talking guys we constantly meet up with and destroy, although this time the game glitches, I use my lvl 2 with parapa, on my screen I'm going through Nathan Drake, all of a sudden he appears well behind me and kills me with his level 2.
- Not a huge deal, but on LBP level during buzz quiz mini game, the answers showed up in a row on the left side of the screen, but the panels still lit up. While my partner and I had no idea where to go, the others casually walked to the panel with the right answer. Yes I understand we couldve followed them, but on our screen it looked like the right answer was hovering over a different panel on the left side.
- Fighting a sweet tooth, he got hit with an ice ball, or w/e the item is, and was floating away. Used Parappa lvl 1 on him, guess it's not effective when they're frozen, at least in random rounds.

I'm getting more and more discouraged with how this whole game has been handled. I feel for the people who work there, but Superbot does not deserve at the moment to be working on content of this caliber, this should've been given to a company who had some experience, because SB playing is out of their league.

They should just repatch the game to 1.01, fix this patch and release when ready. I think people can handle Sackboy for a lil while if it means they can actually play the damn game.

- Not a huge deal, but on LBP level during buzz quiz mini game, the answers showed up in a row on the left side of the screen, but the panels still lit up. While my partner and I had no idea where to go, the others casually walked to the panel with the right answer. Yes I understand we couldve followed them, but on our screen it looked like the right answer was hovering over a different panel on the left side.
- Fighting a sweet tooth, he got hit with an ice ball, or w/e the item is, and was floating away. Used Parappa lvl 1 on him, guess it's not effective when they're frozen, at least in random rounds.
I encountered the Buzz glitch once too. As for ice I think the invincible frames last longer when they are airbourne/knocked due to slo-mo so only use supers on them when they are standing (unless you did that).

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
They should just repatch the game to 1.01, fix this patch and release when ready. I think people can handle Sackboy for a lil while if it means they can actually play the damn game.

I encountered the Buzz glitch once too. As for ice I think the invincible frames last longer when they are airbourne/knocked due to slo-mo so only use supers on them when they are standing (unless you did that).

I used one once also when a player was idle/waiting it out. No chance they were invincible. I've also passed thorugh multiple supers tonight myself that should've killed me. They must've left the replays out of the game KNOWING they had a glitchy mess on their hands, which is why they'll be able to add it in when they've got it sufficiently patched maybe 4 years from now. This is a joke.

edit- I'm considering recording all my matches in order to put together a compilation video of all the glitches- gamebreaking or not.

Slurmer

Banned
This game is a buggy disaster... what in the hell is going on?!?! Do they have a testing department?!?! Seriously what the hell? I'm absolutely furious right now, not to mention I've had countless disconnects and glitches tonight.

- Was versing 2 trash talking guys we constantly meet up with and destroy, although this time the game glitches, I use my lvl 2 with parapa, on my screen I'm going through Nathan Drake, all of a sudden he appears well behind me and kills me with his level 2.

I'm getting more and more discouraged with how this whole game has been handled. I feel for the people who work there, but Superbot does not deserve at the moment to be working on content of this caliber, this should've been given to a company who had some experience, because SB playing is out of their league.
Well, nobody bought their game. They probably dont care

Misterhbk

its funny because tonight I was hit with some crazy glitches as well. Been playing for quite a while now, and until tonight everything was pretty good. With the exception of a few small glitches I hadn't had too many issues. Tonight it just went crazy though.

Anyone know when the patch is supposed to release?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Just got another group to challenge us to a 2v2 after they were teabagging us all round in which we came back and took the win. We went on to win 2 games in a row, and they claimed they beat us all the time in ranked although, I don't recall seeing them.

Either way we won the next 3 rounds, and they still are complaining. I use parappa so they pulled out that saying he's an OP character... pretty funny coming from someone using a Raiden.

Goldenhen

After I downloaded the patch 1.02 the game won't boot up past Blueprint logo.

Does anyone have this problem?

EDIT: Nvm just read the last few pages and confirmed there is a problem. Shame my young cousin just came over and I wanted to play with him.

EDIT: Nvm just read the last few pages and confirmed there is a problem. Shame my young cousin just came over and I wanted to play with him.

Delete the patch and play offline. At least you can play with your cousin and bots.

Yaska

Go to gamedata and delete the patch, you can play after that, Just press O once it prompts you about the patch, and have fun with your cousin.

Top Bottom