• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Ryce

Well, if any franchise in the game deserves a second character, it's God of War. Kratos is positioned as the main character of PS All-Stars -- he's front and center on the box, he's the first character on the select screen, and Sony Santa Monica is involved with the game's development. Also, Zeus helps increase the villain count. It could be worse.

TheMink

Yup Zeus is the first party. I'm not sure if I'm happy about it haha, but he should be fun to play as.
Speculate the 3rd party a little more, it entertains me. :D

SmithnCo

Hm, well Zeus could have some interesting moves. He shapeshifts and whatnot. Hard to call without seeing how he plays, could be fun. Though I do wish they'll dig into the Sony back-catalog more eventually.

Hard to say between Lightning and Connor. I'm discounting Isaac for now because Lightning and Connor have been speculated a lot more. I'd go with Connor for my guess.

Ryce

Yup Zeus is the first party. I'm not sure if I'm happy about it haha, but he should be fun to play as.
I'd say Lightning, if only because you already sort of hinted at her and because Zeus is the God of Lightning -- the rivalry needs no explanation. EA sort of lives in its own world and doesn't often work with outside publishers, so I can't see Isaac Clarke being included. Connor Kenway's a popular choice, but I feel like he'd have been included in the base game if at all; barring an unannounced sequel, Assassin's Creed III is old news.

SmithnCo

I'd say Lightning, if only because you already sort of hinted at her and because Zeus is the God of Lightning -- the rivalry needs no explanation.

Yeah, and they could be hoping to get some hype by riding the Lightning Returns info that is getting released. Plus the rumor of her being in development and not being in the final game.

Aceun

As long as Zeus doesnt have a chain grab.

Lightning makes more sense. I wouldn't mind her if we got an Assassin's rep as well.

plainr_

I love GoW and all but this franchise gets way too much love in this game. Two stages, 4 items, most OP fighter, and now the rumored Zeus.

Should just rename this game to Kratos and Friends Battle Royale. ;)

TheMink

Honest question: whatever happened to Ryu Hayabusa? I was beginning to warm up to him, but you haven't said anything about him in months.

*shrugs*, I have no reason to believe he's not coming, but I have no idea when! >.<

Oh shi-

In that case I hope it's Isaac but am expecting Connor.

It's Isaac.

Well, "A character from Dead Space" but I just assume that's Isaac lol, I mean who else is even in that game?

SmithnCo

It's Isaac.

Well, "A character from Dead Space" but I just assume that's Isaac lol, I mean who else is even in that game?

Yeah, gotta be Isaac.

That's actually interesting to me, if it pans out. They could do cool things with some of his weapons, or having him "call in" necromorphs like Jill/Frank West in mahvel.

Sponge

Banned
It's Isaac.

I'm shocked EA warmed up to Superbot when imo they're close to Activision tier.

Not a bad pairing though, speaking of Activision, did you guys talk about this yet?

ibxqzgDc2XM8sA.jpg

Pachimari

I'm alright with Isaac but wow is it a letdown with Zeus but only because I don't dig God of War at all. Just bring Connor and Lightning next and then end it with Gabe Logan and Abe or something.

So I guess I guessed Isaac Clarke hah. :D

I'm shocked EA warmed up to Superbot when imo they're close to Activision tier.

Not a bad pairing though, speaking of Activision, did you guys talk about this yet?

ibxqzgDc2XM8sA.jpg
For Skylanders most likely.

Aceun

Isaac can have a pretty cool moveset and a Dead Space stage could.be very cool.

The more I think about Zeus though... the less I like the decision. GOW is already way over represented in this game.

Ha, I love how discussion came to a complete halt when Zeus and Isaac were outed as the characters.

Yeah, I'm not feeling them either. Ugh, I never thought I'd say I'm EXCITED for Ryu Hayabusa, but compared to them...

Meh, Zeus is totally unnecessary and lame when we ALREADY have tons of lightning characters

Isaac could be interesting, but I'd rather have had

Nefarious and Ezio

At least its not Lightning, sorry guys but I don't want her in. She reps nothing except for a multiplatform FF while people from FF7-(10?) were big for the Playstation. FF13 was not really. She can be in FF related crossovers, but not in a game thats supposed to represent PS History.

And, Mink I'm sorry man but I can't seem to trust your word. You at first said lightning and musashi, then you said no to musashi and lightning but there would be an item from FF, which didn't happen. Also, you first leaked Ryu and Kat as the DLC characters. I find it hard to believe Tecmo and Team Ninja would give Superbot anything, especially due to (what I've heard) them having a bad history with Sony.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Caught wind of a couple more possible characters. I'm not so sure you guys will like them, but new characters is always a good thing eh?

Waaaaant to hear what they aaaaaare???? :3

Awesome with Zeus. I can't help but to remembered something about Zeus during Playstation All Star Development. Did they hint Zeus or mention his name during developing. I think they did, but I could be wrong.

TheMink

Meh, Zeus is totally unnecessary and lame when we ALREADY have tons of lightning characters

Isaac could be interesting, but I'd rather have had

Nefarious and Ezio

At least its not Lightning, sorry guys but I don't want her in. She reps nothing except for a multiplatform FF while people from FF7-(10?) were big for the Playstation. FF13 was not really. She can be in FF related crossovers, but not in a game thats supposed to represent PS History.

And, Mink I'm sorry man but I can't seem to trust your word. You at first said lightning and musashi, then you said no to musashi and lightning but there would be an item from FF, which didn't happen. Also, you first leaked Ryu and Kat as the DLC characters. I find it hard to believe Tecmo and Team Ninja would give Superbot anything, especially due to (what I've heard) them having a bad history with Sony.

A common misconception, but I said Musashi as a plausible alt costume for a character. I even said it was like a 10% chance.
As for lightning, that whole thing is weird, I don't know what to think about that. It really just seems like a scrapped idea at this point.

Fact is, I've gotten more right than wrong, but its totally up to you what to believe.
I encourage all to take this stuff with a grain of salt anyway haha

Please god, no Zeus.
see what I did there

I thought we were only doing one character per franchise (sans Cole of course) Plus Zeus seems like such a boring character, he'd basically play as Kratos's Level 3, and that's no fun. Why not try and find some obscure PS person to throw in there? Really, anyone but Zeus is a better choice.

J-Tier

You know what? I'm okay with more characters-- even if they are Zeus and Isaac.

If they come out, I'm buying them, just to ensure that we may get even more down the line.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Even if totally not related, I'd love to see a Brave Fencer Musashi Skin for Spike. Would be great to see how they'd work around the utter differences in moves and "tech" between the two, but man could be it be enjoyable to actually see.

Even if they wouldn't go that far, character cross-series cosplay between characters would be great for DLC costumes. Sir Dan as Maximo, Raiden as the guy from Genji... wonder what a Journey-inspired outfit would look like on Kat...

Issac and Zeus would be 2 of the least important characters possible for me, if they made it in, but I'd be willing to let their movesets and implementation speak for them, rather than any personal fandom.

Camjo-Z

I can't think of any reason why Superbot would go with a "one character per franchise" rule for every other series aside from inFamous (which already got a lot of fan backlash) and then randomly decide to put in another character from God of War that nobody asked for. Sorry Mink, but this rumor is a little too implausible.

TheMink

I can't think of any reason why Superbot would go with a "one character per franchise" rule for every other series aside from inFamous (which already got a lot of fan backlash) and then randomly decide to put in another character from God of War that nobody asked for. Sorry Mink, but this rumor is a little too implausible.

That's what ya'll said about evil cole ;)

Anyway.

Ryce

I don't know if this is just me buying into what Mink is saying, but Zeus does make a lot of sense as DLC.

• He's easy to obtain, being a Sony Santa Monica character.
  • God of War is currently the PlayStation's biggest franchise.
  • He's the main antagonist of God of War II and God of War III.
  • He appears in the upcoming God of War: Ascension.
Dart and Robbit are great characters, and I'd prefer to see them, but realistically, they just aren't very feasible. SuperBot has nothing to gain by including them -- classic characters have vocal fan bases, but those fan bases likely constitute a very small portion of the people who bought/will buy this game. God of War has a much wider reach, and I'd imagine it would be easier to market and sell "here's someone else from our twenty-plus million selling series" to the higher-ups than "here's someone from a standalone game that came out thirteen years ago." PS All-Stars probably didn't do well enough to be taking those kinds of risks.

Noi

I don't know if this is just me buying into what Mink is saying, but Zeus does make a lot of sense as DLC.

• He's easy to obtain, being a Sony Santa Monica character.
  • God of War is currently the PlayStation's biggest franchise.
  • He's the main antagonist of God of War II and God of War III.
  • He appears in the upcoming God of War: Ascension.

Dart and Robbit are great characters, and I'd prefer to see them, but realistically, they just aren't very feasible. SuperBot has nothing to gain by including them -- classic characters have vocal fan bases, but those fan bases likely constitute a very small portion of the people who bought/will buy this game. God of War has a much wider reach, and I'd imagine it would be easier to market and sell "here's someone else from our twenty-plus million selling series" to the higher-ups than "here's someone from a standalone game that came out thirteen years ago." PS All-Stars probably didn't do well enough to be taking those kinds of risks.

Bad Ryce.

Bad.

Drencrom

Zeus? Fucking really? Couldn't they pick a character from a series that isn't represented in the game already at least, like Gabe Logan from Syphon Filter or something?

As a big GoW fan I can honestly say: No one cares about Zeus, seriously. He isn't interesting or memorable at all. What happened to the one character per franchise rule? (lol evil cole)

I'm just disappointed that Sony can't even arse themselves to talk to Team ICO to get permission to add ICO and Wander, that's characters people want.

Isaac could be cool though, this should be his level 3 super

OmegaZero

Ryu Hayabusa needs to be in.
I would pay $20 for him, Superbot.

Also, Issac and Zeus? Disappointment.
At least it'll be fun watching Kratos duke it out with him.

Camjo-Z

Dart and Robbit are great characters, and I'd prefer to see them, but realistically, they just aren't very feasible. SuperBot has nothing to gain by including them -- classic characters have vocal fan bases, but those fan bases likely constitute a very small portion of the people who bought/will buy this game.

Lies! LIES!! Long live Robbit!!

(Actually, you're probably right.)

J-Tier

Lies! LIES!! Long live Robbit!!

(Actually, you're probably right.)

Well, they could've paired a classic/niche character with a popular character. Kat and Emmet was kinda like this. Robbit, Ellen, and Dart could also be paired with more popular, well-known characters and it satisfies "everyone".

As a Gow Fan: This literally makes me sick.

Who the hell cares about Zeus of all people?? And Isacc?? Really?? I mean if they're free no complaints from me but bleh..

Who's next?? Hulk Hogan?

Top Bottom