• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Public Beta This Fall [Superbot comments on leak]

Loudninja

They commented on the leak as well.
Hey everyone! Last week, SuperBot Entertainment and PlayStation invited a small group of players to get a hands-on preview of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale as part of our early development beta. We’re beginning to test our servers and connectivity issues and this is just the beginning as we work toward rolling out a public beta to the entire PlayStation nation this Fall. As part of this exclusive access, players were able to take control of characters such as Kratos, Sweet Tooth, PaRappa the Rapper, Colonel Radec, Sly Cooper, and Fat Princess and battle in environments such as Dreamscape, Metropolis, Sandover Village, and Hades. The feedback we’re receiving from beta testers has been highly encouraging and valuable, helping us craft the best online multiplayer fighting experience possible.

In addition, there was an unexpected and unintended leak in our beta that allowed fans to be able to see some additional content. We’ve enjoyed reading all of the fan reaction and are thrilled that so many of you are excited to learn more about our character roster and level mash-ups, however we are still in development and the leaked content does not fully represent the final product nor the incredible efforts that were made to make these elements truly spectacular. This will be evident in the coming weeks as this content is officially revealed, beginning with our next character announcement at Gamescom in a couple of weeks.

While just a small group now, in the coming weeks we will continue to send out batches of codes as we gradually expand the beta; so keep your eyes open. You just might receive an invitation to join! Keep checking back with the blog for more information around the public beta, starting with early access to PlayStation Plus members.
PS Blog Comment:
+ Chan Park on August 2nd, 2012 at 1:02 pm said:

Thank you for the kind words. Yes, we will be making updates/fixes to the next beta. So happy we are a day one buy for you and for all of the other posters who feel the same. We feel honored by such sentiment.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/02/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-public-beta-this-fall/

Zabuza

Banned
Nice, the beta was pretty good. I'm still hoping for an offline demo with a few more characters closer to release.

KevinCow

Banned
however we are still in development and the leaked content does not fully represent the final product nor the incredible efforts that were made to make these elements truly spectacular. This will be evident in the coming weeks as this content is officially revealed, beginning with our next character announcement at Gamescom in a couple of weeks.

So at least one of the characters at Gamescom will be someone who wasn't in the leak.

THERE'S STILL A CHANCE FOR JEN TATE.

Loudninja

Haha
+ Chan Park on August 2nd, 2012 at 11:13 am said:

Glad you like the beta so far. As far as the leak, it happened and it’s nothing we felt we needed to hide from.

As far as the specifics, I will neither confirm nor deny anything other than to confirm that anything that has previously been confirmed or denied has not changed, but I will deny confirming this. That’s corporate talk for “wait for our official reveals” lol.
I love Superbot.

Didn't expect them to acknowledge the leak, that's cool. (And it did wonders when it happened with Capcom a few times.)

Can't wait for the beta over here!

Ploid 3.0

Leaks adds a certain spice to fighting game character reveals. There were leaks for SSF4 yet we still waited for the next reveal. Knowing the characters are a small thing, seeing them in action is the juicy part.

VanWinkle

I like that they acknowledged the leak that happened. I will be buying this day 1. Probably on the Vita. Really, though, I'm hoping there will be a discounted bundle.

Loudninja

Leaks adds a certain spice to fighting game character reveals. There were leaks for SSF4 yet we still waited for the next reveal. Knowing the characters are a small thing, seeing them in action is the juicy part.
Yep,I ma excited to see the characters in action.

newjeruse

I'm glad Sony acknowledged the leaks. I can't stand put-you-fingers-in-your ears PR strategy (*cough* Capcom *cough*). It happened and you move on.

however we are still in development and the leaked content does not fully represent the final product nor the incredible efforts that were made to make these elements truly spectacular. This will be evident in the coming weeks as this content is officially revealed, beginning with our next character announcement at Gamescom in a couple of weeks.

So at least one of the characters at Gamescom will be someone who wasn't in the leak.

THERE'S STILL A CHANCE FOR JEN TATE.

I don't think this means a new character. I think it simplymeans that the character reveal will show the reasons to still be excited and see what the unrevealed characters have to offer.

i.e.: "the incredible efforts... to make these elements truly spectacular... will be evident... with our next character announcement at Gamescom..."

Top Bottom