• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation App Updated With Ability To Redeem Codes

HUELEN10

mxEPZzp.png
Just saw the update and am installing now. Personally, I think the app is kinda shitty, but I think this feature is a good step in the right direction.

rainy_day

I have issues logging in on the mobile store. Just started a month or so ago, I hope they fix it soon. The app definitely has gotten better.

Edit- updated on android. Store opens in app now. Soo much better.

Android update out?

Edit: Yup android update is out.

Cool they added the ability to use the second screen for twitch comments while broadcasting.

HUELEN10

Android update out?

No clue, but at least iOS version now supports this.

Just booted it up. Damn if it really is nothing more than a wrapper for links that it loads in Safari anyways, and it's slow to boot, kinda like 360 Smartglass. Xbox One Smartglass, that is what they should be aiming for.

How is the Steam mobile app BTW?

Toki767

The app now also has a native browser for going into the PS Store or logging in. No more switching between apps. Amazing.

MaKTaiL

Being able to see comments from my broadcasts (without having to sacrifice my screen for it) is probably the best addition to this update for me.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I just bought Until Dawn straight from the app. No problems at all.

Just noticed the browser within the app, good first step. Would like it better if it was like Xbox's SmartGlass though instead of just pointing to the webstore

Still no iPhone 6 Plus res support

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Camera code redeeming works. You can even just point your camera to a code on your computer screen (sometimes inaccurate though)

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Awesome. Its unreal the way Sony has really taken the lead on the app front and Microsoft need to play catch up. Hopefully this gets added to Smartglass too.

Awesome. Been wanting the app to have the ability to enter codes and now it can also scan them. Just in time for the batman codes I'll get at Gamestop to test this feature out.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Being able to see comments from my broadcasts (without having to sacrifice my screen for it) is probably the best addition to this update for me.

You know you could have just downloaded the Twitch app and use that as the second screen before this update

nemisis0

Just booted it up. Damn if it really is nothing more than a wrapper for links that it loads in Safari anyways, and it's slow to boot, kinda like 360 Smartglass. Xbox One Smartglass, that is what they should be aiming for.

How is the Steam mobile app BTW?

If you go on the links section then click on the ps plus section it will load the store up via in app without opening it in another browser.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Good to see some progress. I wish Valve updated the damn steam app. Now browsing steam on phone is better than the awful app.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony

The store opens up within the app for me now, when I click the store icon that's in top/left corner.
Not that I think this is worth much - as the store page that it opens is just their mobile web site. Opening it in webview inside the app just makes it perform worse than it would in Safari. I'm trying to scroll the store lists now, and it's notably choppier than scrolling the mobile web store in Safari, for example. Also, pressing the top of the screen won't scroll back to the top of the list.
Hell, the app doesn't evan support iPhone 6 resolution, which is so stupidly easy to do.

The whole app is just a web view wrapper, and if they spent as much time making it a native app, as they must have spent making all that fancy, but ultimately worthless Javascript navigation, they'd have a nice working native app, instead of ... this. Well, at least 2nd screen stuff works fine for the Playroom using the app.

Faustek

Try what? Purchasing via app or the actual game?

The game has PS4 added to the PSV among the platforms whereas in the description it says PSP/PSV.
Also it's the same on the actual web store.

EDIT: Only reason I ask is that they talked about doing this for PS3 way back?

Chris_C

I can't believe how long it takes the app to boot up on my S4.I really only use it for text entry because of this.

I'm not getting the option to scan codes. IPhone 5 with latest iOS. Also the in-app store browser is really slow and laggy.

Top Bottom