• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation at E3 2018: The Journey Begins June 11 at 6:00pm Pacific

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
E3-755x425.jpg

Join us on Monday, June 11 starting at 6:00pm Pacific Time as we share a preview of what’s next for PlayStation. We’ll broadcast the show live from E3 2018 in Los Angeles, California via live.playstation.com, Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook.

In a rare break from tradition, we wanted to give you an early glimpse at what to expect heading into the Showcase on June 11. PlayStation’s Worldwide Studios will be at E3 in full force to provide you with an exclusive look at four upcoming titles: Death Stranding from Kojima Productions, Ghost of Tsushima from Sucker Punch, Marvel’s Spider-Man from Insomniac Games, and The Last of Us Part II from Naughty Dog.

Of course, we’ll have stellar announcements from third-party publishers and independent developers, who are all busy devising innovative new experiences that will make your heart race and your emotions soar — whether you’re playing on PS4, PS4 Pro, or PS VR.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...-the-journey-begins-june-11-at-600pm-pacific/

Last edited:

klosos

If Sony only show four first party games , i suspect that means the PS5 Will be released 2019. and they will wind down with this generation with this four first party games ( maybe not Death Stranding )

bosnianpie

Can't wait. I'm hyped about the four games mentioned and really want to see more from all of them, but it would be a shame if there isn't a first party surprise. Perhaps this is a way for Sony to draw the line between what's left on PS4 and the new stuff that will be shown for PS5 in future conferences.

Geki-D

Banned
They explicitly mention four..
They say they're previewing 4 upcoming (already announced) PS Studio games, then they say "stellar announcements from third-party publishers and independent developers" but from what I can see -unless I'm just missing it- they never actually say that Sony Worldwide Studios has any new stuff they'll be announcing.

Last edited:

manfestival

can't wait. It seems like it is the only conference worth watching these past few years. Microsoft usually has a conference filled with multiplatform games and software/hardware features that only really speak to casual clients that probably won't pay attention. Sony has had almost purely game conferences in the past couple of years. Nintendo just does its direct thing and thats just a meh presentation with some announcements attached and lost its magic sparkle of the conference.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If Sony only show four first party games , i suspect that means the PS5 Will be released 2019. and they will wind down with this generation with this four first party games ( maybe not Death Stranding )
I fucking hope not!!! 2019 is too god damn soon for PS5.

Putting so much emphasis on TLOU2 and Death Stranding is leading me to believe they are more imminent than I previously expected. 2019 here we come!

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
can't wait. It seems like it is the only conference worth watching these past few years. Microsoft usually has a conference filled with multiplatform games and software/hardware features that only really speak to casual clients that probably won't pay attention. Sony has had almost purely game conferences in the past couple of years. Nintendo just does its direct thing and thats just a meh presentation with some announcements attached and lost its magic sparkle of the conference.

I actually thought Microsoft had a better conference than Sony last year.

FranXico

"Journey Begins" sounds an awful lot like they are going to announce something PS5 related.

Otherwise, I hope they're not planning to announce things such as PSN name change or refunds. That would be embarrassing.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I like the lanyards I received from going to 2015 and 2016. I skipped last year's, but I wouldn't mind going to the theater this year if possible.

I'd love to see footage from Ghost of Tsushima.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
"Journey Begins" sounds an awful lot like they are going to announce something PS5 related.

I hope they're not planning to announce things such as PSN name change or refunds. That would be embarrassing.

Embarrassing how? The PSN audience has wanted they for years.

Danjin44

I hope we finally see some gameplay from Death Stranding so we can finally see what type game it is. Seriously!!! We got 3 trailer but we still no idea what type of game this is.

FranXico

Embarrassing how? The PSN audience has wanted they for years.

PSN users, me included, want those of course, but the competition has had those things for years. That's not something you want to brag too much about, especially at E3.

Shin

Banned
Things are winding down from the sound of it so I'll keep my expectation in check, it's all good though.

Fbh

Well hopefully it's just badly redacted and we can look forward to some first party announcements.

Either way, hopefully this year they actually have a conference instead of a supercut of trailers like last year. I want at least some devs talking or live demos and stuff like that. If it's just trailers might as well make a Nintendo Direct type of thing

Yep. If there's no new announcement I'm going to assume this year is Spiderman. Next year is TLOU, Ghost of Tsushima and Days Gone and then at the end of 2019 it's Ps5.

Last edited:

Mathrin

PSN users, me included, want those of course, but the competition has had those things for years. That's not something you want to brag too much about, especially at E3.

I don't see it being bad if they happen to drop it in between the games. why not announce it when you've got a considerably larger than normal amount of eyes on you?

VALCON 82

So its not a 1st party announcement I know but...
is anyone thinking that Bluepoints next project will be announced during the conference?

FranXico

I don't see it being bad if they happen to drop it in between the games. why not announce it when you've got a considerably larger than normal amount of eyes on you?

If they are showing lots of new exciting games, sure, why not? A little "oh btw, we're fixing this too" won't hurt then. But if they don't have much to show software wise, it could look bad.

Mathrin

If they are showing lots of new exciting games, sure, why not? A little "oh btw, we're fixing this too" won't hurt then. But if they don't have much to show software wise, it could look bad.

Yeah if it's a leading point of changing usernames then it's a little off, but as an aside it's all gravy.

Cause fuck, I've wanted to change 18 year old me's stupid fucking PSN handle for forever.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Putting so much emphasis on TLOU2 and Death Stranding is leading me to believe they are more imminent than I previously expected. 2019 here we come!

They both have to be 2019 games. I agree with you. "MAYBE" one gets pushed to 1st quarter 2020, but they are treating those two games as 2019 games.

renatyles

Neo Member
This is where DMCV, FFVII:R, Shadows Die Twice, and KH3 are going to be appearing at. One or two of these could be exclusive too. I still think they have a surprise two they're hiding.

They both have to be 2019 games. I agree with you. "MAYBE" one gets pushed to 1st quarter 2020, but they are treating those two games as 2019 games.
You’d have to think something gets pushed. Days Gone is already eyeing Q1 2019 and Sony avoids Q4 generally nowadays in favor of promoting their partners’ titles, which means they’d have to double up one of the quarters. It’s not out of the question, they are about to release Detroit a month removed from GoW, but they still have Dreams to consider (which who knows what the hell is gonna happen with that).

Between Ghost of T, TLOU2, and Death Stranding, my guess is Kojima’s game will get pushed, possibly to advance plans for the PS5 release.

Ar¢tos

I want Dreams Sony! Gimme something! I have zero talent for creating stuff, but I can't wait to see the amazing things people will create with it.
I'm sure it will be one of those games that won't sell much at launch but will quickly gain reputation by word of mouth and YouTube views. When ps5 releases the game can be patched to make even more amazing things with the extra power.

sublimit

Banned
Yeah but do they have any AAAA games to show????

Jokes aside i think this will be one of the most "safe" Sony conferences ever. Very few surprises (if any) just more of the stuff we know about.And something tells me that we will still not see actual gameplay from Death Stranding....

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
You’d have to think something gets pushed. Days Gone is already eyeing Q1 2019 and Sony avoids Q4 generally nowadays in favor of promoting their partners’ titles, which means they’d have to double up one of the quarters. It’s not out of the question, they are about to release Detroit a month removed from GoW, but they still have Dreams to consider (which who knows what the hell is gonna happen with that).

Between Ghost of T, TLOU2, and Death Stranding, my guess is Kojima’s game will get pushed, possibly to advance plans for the PS5 release.

Wooooo!!!! For a Fall 2020 release! So does the game come out on both systems (PS4 and PS5) at the same time? Or does the PS4 version come out March 2020 and the PS5 version release Fall\Winter 2020?

Wooooo!!!! For a Fall 2020 release! So does the game come out on both systems (PS4 and PS5) at the same time? Or does the PS4 version come out March 2020 and the PS5 version release Fall\Winter 2020?
Hard to say not knowing what form the PS5 will take or Sony’s plans moving forward with backwards compatability. But my presumption is they’ll do something similar to Nintendo with TP and BotW and release on both platforms.

Toe-Knee

Meh no days gone. There goes my interest for e3 this year.

I don't want to see anymore of tsushima or TLOU and spiderman looks naff.

Eliciel

If Sony plays their cards well, they release super polished games for Ps4Pro (god of war level of polish) and make the PS4Pro worth its buck as long as possible.
They can milk the PS4 cow like hell on a perfectly fine level of graphic fidelity and gameplay and make all the plans in the world for PS5...and still win even next generation while doing so. There current situation is incredibly good.

Geki-D

Banned
Meh no days gone. There goes my interest for e3 this year.
All of the new stuff from the IG coverage a month ahead of E3 isn't enough for you? I sure it'll get an E3 trailer, but jeesh man, you're getting your Days Gone fix now instead of at E3. What exactly is the problem?

Toe-Knee

All of the new stuff from the IG coverage a month ahead of E3 isn't enough for you? I sure it'll get an E3 trailer, but jeesh man, you're getting your Days Gone fix now instead of at E3. What exactly is the problem?

No problem I'm just not interested in spiderman and I'm on blackout on TLOU and tsushima so now the conference is pretty unexciting to me.

And after phantom pain I have no interest in whatever Death Stranding ends up being.

I'll probably just wait until after and check the third party stuff.

NahaNago

well I hope these stellar third party announcements blow me away. This schedule announcement really makes it seem like the ps5 is coming sooner rather than later.

wipeout364

If PS5 launches in 2019 that would make this one of the most forgettable generations of all. I am trying to think of the games that have blown my mind and am coming up blank. I mean I’ve played a bunch of great games but nothing that made me go this gen (PS4 ) is crazy good.

Just my opinion not trying to stir things up.

Toe-Knee

Did you miss all the coverage this week? They were obviously getting in front of E3 with that.

Errr, blackout on a new IP we haven't seen gameplay of?
Its sucker punch. That's all I need to know. It will be great. I don't want anything else spoiling.

NahaNago

If PS5 launches in 2019 that would make this one of the most forgettable generations of all. I am trying to think of the games that have blown my mind and am coming up blank. I mean I’ve played a bunch of great games but nothing that made me go this gen (PS4 ) is crazy good.

It really has been a kinda weird gen. We've had several great but not memorable games but that also could just be me not playing enough games. The battle of resolutions I think might have messed with things a bit. I really think that Sony needs to like double the sizes of their studios so that they can spit out more games. Uncharted stuff and Last of us is the only things we get from Naughty dogs? I would have liked to have seen a sequel to infamous second son , horizon zero dawn 2, or final fantasy 16. It seems like this gen was a lot of ports or only one game in a series.

Last edited:

kyubajin

I can't believe that they have even more stellar stuff to announce after such an unbelievable confirmed roster. 2019 is gonna rival 2017 as the best year in gaming of the last decade.

Danjin44

I honestly I'm very happy with this gen especially we are getting more quality Japanese games this gen compare to PS3/360 and we recently got GOW that was so god damn good and I still DQXI, VC4 and KHIII I can look forward to. I also love that this gen people are not as obsessive about realstic graphics as used to in PS3/360. Maybe have crazy standard of what will impress you.

sublimit

Banned
Personally i'll just watch the official livestream on Youtube. I'm not into reaction stuff and people screaming like fanboys with every big announcement (if there are any).

Top Bottom