• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Dev: PlayStation Has “Some Bangers” Out “This Year,” Not Ragnarok but “Equally Cool”

They play the same. I played Uncharted 4 with Nathan Drake aided by his brother Sam the robot going through the jungle avoiding bullets with Drake's spidey sense while throwing axes and calling them back and later fighting large robot dinosaurs. What game did you play? 🤔

I wasn't a fan of Ghost of Tsushima as the game didn't suprise me. I really wanted aliens or robot dinosaurs to fight but they had me fighting Mongols (low key racist if you ask me). How can it be a game in Japan where invading Mongols are the enemy? Not realistic.

Something something DLC.

You mean TLOU2 and Spider-Man don't play exactly the same? Come on now.
Ratchet and Horizon as basically the same game...one has weapons the other one has a bow.
And all of them have one thing: trees.

/s

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
images

This pic always gets me on GAF :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

ksdixon

PS Home 2k22/Sony Metaverse with PSVR2?

Did I make it up or did someone once claim PSVR2 stuff would be more like RE7 in that you're in an otherwise real game? Or was that just wishful thinking after all the half baked "vr experiences"

HTK

Banned
Really hope its the "competitive shooter" Guerrilla Games has been working on the last 3+ years now. That or Factions. :)

Kerotan

Naughty dog probably have something. But I much prefer this approach. Let me enjoy my games and announce new one's when they're ready.

Sony isn't known for announcing big AAA titles close to launch, they are usually announced and promoted for at least a year if not two or more ahead of launch.

so there's basically no way this is actually something super substantial. most likely either a remaster/remake or a smaller, maybe MP online game

You’d be naive to think sony will only release one game (ragnarok) in this upcoming fiscal year lol

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sony isn't known for announcing big AAA titles close to launch, they are usually announced and promoted for at least a year if not two or more ahead of launch.
This hasn't been a thing for them for the past 3 to 4 years. They've tightened the promotion windows big time after initial reveals and State of Plays became a thing.

Last edited:

schaft0620

For the 2022 part I assume he is referring to a $70 "Last of Us Collection"

-TLOU Part 1 (Remade for the PS5, already leaked)
-TLOU Fractions or MP of some kind (Already known)
-TLOU2 Remastered for PS5 with spatial audio and DualSense support in 4K 60.

Let's not forget there will be 5-10 PS VR2 games in 2022 if it launches.

kyliethicc

For the 2022 part I assume he is referring to a $70 "Last of Us Collection"

-TLOU Part 1 (Remade for the PS5, already leaked)
Probably 2023 by now. But perhaps.

-TLOU Fractions or MP of some kind (Already known)
Factions. It’s not math lol.

And ND have said the multiplayer is standalone.

-TLOU2 Remastered for PS5 with spatial audio and DualSense support in 4K 60.
It won’t be 2160p 60 Hz. Same as the Uncharted remasters.

Let's not forget there will be 5-10 PS VR2 games in 2022 if it launches.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
BAFTA winner Returnal?
ill give you that one just because it won some awards, still not that great of game IMO. But the mostly the big sony gsmes are just new games in established series. While lets take a look at PS4. In the first 2 years just off the top of my head they put out. infamous , knack, and drive club.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
ill give you that one just because it won some awards, still not that great of game IMO. But the mostly the big sony gsmes are just new games in established series. While lets take a look at PS4. In the first 2 years just off the top of my head they put out. infamous , knack, and drive club.
Infamous was an established series.

I was going to comment that this gif was the first time I had ever seen P. Diddy's mouth completely shut... but upon closer inspection, I think there is still a slight gap.

EDIT: It's cause it can see some white on his lip there, so it's either his teeth or some spit. I would be interested in other's analysis on this, thanks.

OT: A banger? They better deliver if they're putting that label on it.

Last edited:

ByWatterson

It's either TLOU Remake, Factions, or both.

Maybe a TLOU Remake packaged with some deluxe currency on an otherwise FTP Factions title?

G-Bus

Banned
Hasn't Sony come out and said they don't want to talk too far in the future and just focus on things coming in the months ahead. Way it should be these days.

Also doubt it's as cool as Ragnarok.

Kokoloko85

I mean it's obvious Sony has more for 2022 than Ragnarok, specially with VR2 coming as well.

Horizon 2, GT7, God of War Ragnarok, Returnal DLC, on top of 3rd party exclusives Forspoken, Sifu, Stray and supposedly FF16.
+ VR2.
Its not the best year, but its pretty damn good at the same time.
Only problem is they have less/zero 1st party PS5 exclusives than the 1st year with Demon Souls, Ratchet and Clank plus Returnal

Borowski_1

How about showing Ragnarok first? Or Spidey 2, or Wolverine?

I know the games will come, but it's April 19th and we have no games with a release date. Can't remember the last time this happened

it all looks like smoke and mirrors

Sony has 18 studios and we don't know anything about most of them. Even games like Wolverine that have release dates for next year we only have a pre-rendered video.

Sony has changed how they market their games. Trying to predict their moves makes no sense.
Wolverine is not coming out in 2023. Do you really think SpiderMan 2 and Wolverine are releasing in the same year? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Kokoloko85

How about showing Ragnarok first? Or Spidey 2, or Wolverine?

I know the games will come, but it's April 19th and we have no games with a release date. Can't remember the last time this happened

it all looks like smoke and mirrors

Even though its not the best year we’ve had some great games. Just no news on the future.
No news on FF16 which was meant to come out 2020/2021. Hope its not delayed again

Banned
This hasn't been a thing for them for the past 3 to 4 years. They've tightened the promotion windows big time after initial reveals and State of Plays became a thing.

name me a single AAA game that released less than 12 months after announcement. hell, even 2 years is not a thing to my knowledge.

I can't think of a single aaa game with less than 2 years between announcement and release that isn't a remake/remaster

Last edited:
Top Bottom