• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience 2016 Coming to Anaheim on December 3-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

It doesn't specifically say it on the Blog but is the Saturday 10am thing the actual stage presentation?

EDIT:
I do know that it says PlayStation Showcase at 10am but I'm not sure if that's the conference.

Asd202

This PSX has the chance to be the best one yet with no Gamescon and PGW conferences and a lot of first party titles thay can show plus some 3rd party titles, I think this will be a good show.

Memento

This PSX has the chance to be the best one yet with no Gamescon and PGW conferences and a lot of first party titles thay can show plus some 3rd party titles, I think this will be a good show.

I agree. It has a lot of potential based on already announced games alone!

FelipeMGM

Speaking of Tim Schafer, wasn't there some Brutal Legend rumblings recently or did I imagine that?

It was a post made by a fanpage that people thought was official. Then denied by Double Fine

It doesn't specifically say it on the Blog but is the Saturday 10am thing the actual stage presentation?

EDIT:
I do know that it says PlayStation Showcase at 10am but I'm not sure if that's the conference.

it is

delSai

Speaking of Tim Schafer, wasn't there some Brutal Legend rumblings recently or did I imagine that?

e33f6079d50340f59c979192322fab10.png

It was nothing, unfortunately.

Meh I agree with them. They could have a fantastic show showing off stuff already announced adding new game announcements would only add to the hype
PSX is for smaller stuff though. They *could* have a very heavy hitter show, just like they could have had big shows last year and the year before that. But judging by the first two PSXs, Sony sees this as a smaller more intimate event for their fans. They mostly focus on niche stuff here and I think we should just expect that, instead of going all in on our dream AAA games/showings.

And yeah, I know.
Says the guy who has made an avatar bet for DMC5's announcement xD

Boke1879

PSX is for smaller stuff though. They *could* have a very heavy hitter show, just like they could have had big shows last year and the year before that. But judging by the first two PSXs, Sony sees this as a smaller more intimate event for their fans. They mostly focus on niche stuff here and I think we should just expect that, instead of going all in on our dream AAA games/showings.

And yeah, I know.
Says the guy who has made an avatar bet for DMC5's announcement xD

I don't know what to expect from the Press conference, but just the stuff that will be playable is pretty big stuff. The stuff on the show floor is E3 level imo.

Lady Gaia

Kojima said he would use an engine that nobody one else could have so it should be one of Sony's engine for Death Stranding.

Not necessarily. Frostbite is also an engine that isn't open to licensing, but EA could decide to make an exception for Kojima based on what they think his team could contribute back or the positive press associated with the arrangement. We'll know for sure in less than two weeks!

JP

But Sucker Punch isn't one of the options, if I remember correctly.
Really? I had it down as the Sucker Punch engine, or at least the motion capture for the Death Stranding trailer being done on an evolution of Sucker Punch's Infamous PS4 custom "Performance Capture" system. They looked pretty similar, at least superficially.

EDIT:
Ah, it was actually confirmed which studio they did that in, it is the same one that Sucker Punch used but it doesn't mean he'll be using their engine in the actual game.
Kojima Productions said:
THE MAKING DEATH STRANDING

Recorded on March 22 and 23, 2016 at the Sony Interactive Entertainment Visual Arts Service Group (VASG) studio in San Diego.
The scan data to be used for the game’s 3D data was created through Photogrammetry, based on photos from all angles.
Hundreds of photos were taken to cover everything: the actor’s hands, facial expression, full body, etc.

Really? I had it down as the Sucker Punch engine, or at least the motion capture for the Death Stranding trailer being done on an evolution of Sucker Punch's Infamous PS4 custom "Performance Capture" system. They looked pretty similar, at least superficially.
I'm not completely sure. I could have sworn it was said that Sucker Punch wasn't it. I could be absolutely wrong on that though.

No doubt VR will have some time dedicated to it. It's odd, when I tried it last week, my first thought was the cancelled PS3 game
Eyedentify and wondering if they would go back to that concept one day.

Sharpeye

Naughty Dog's engine? Kojima working with the ICE team would be so dope.

I remember him being very impressed by the punch lasers ND had when showing The Last of Us to him. I could picture Kojima going on stage to announce the engine for his game and have that segway into a The Last of Us 2 reveal.

Javin98

Banned
Keep in mind that apparently the KZ:SF/Until Dawn engine is different from the Horizon engine. If I recall correctly, the latter is a whole new engine.

Edit: Oops, my bad. I was mistaken. Seems like it is the modified KZSF engine.

Tonky

I remember him being very impressed by the punch lasers ND had when showing The Last of Us to him. I could picture Kojima going on stage to announce the engine for his game and have that segway into a The Last of Us 2 reveal.
There would need to be something in between for TLOU2 to not completely overshadow Kojima. It'd be better if they went with Kojima+ND Engine announcement --> UC4 SP DLC --> TLOU2.

Tonky

Thinking back to all the Engine speculation, rarely or never was SSM Engine brought up as a possibility.
That reminds me, what engine is GOW PS4 running on? It doesn't seem like their PS3 engine at all, it might be the one that SSM developed for Darkside.
Keep in mind that apparently the KZ:SF/Until Dawn engine is different from the Horizon engine. If I recall correctly, the latter is a whole new engine.
Do you have a source on this? I vaguely recall reading that the Horizon engine is a modified version of the SF engine..lol

I'm gonna guess that Death Stranding is using Guerilla's engine

That said remember that Eurogamer (?) article saying it's using Media Molecule's? I wouldn't expect that, but it would be weird

FelipeMGM

Crash Bandicoot rumors?

Just some retailers listing the game for March next year (an actual date, not March 31st which is the end of the fiscal year)

If that is really happening showing up at PSX makes a lot of sense. But who knows...

I'm gonna guess that Death Stranding is using Guerilla's engine

That said remember that Eurogamer (?) article saying it's using Media Molecule's? I wouldn't expect that, but it would be weird

Really? Only thing I remember between Kojima and MM is that he loved their workflow and also their kitchen lol

He said something about adapting MM structure and philosophy to Kojipro, but nothing about the engine

Tonky

Are the Crash remasters going to be "from the ground up" re-imaginings like Ratchet and Clank PS4 or just HD ports?

Just some retailers listing the game for March next year (an actual date, not March 31st which is the end of the fiscal year)

If that is really happening showing up at PSX makes a lot of sense. But who knows...

Really? Only thing I remember between Kojima and MM is that he loved their workflow and also their kitchen lol

He said something about adapting MM structure and philosophy to Kojipro, but nothing about the engine
Yep, that's what Eurogamer said
Kojima added his team now has an office, and Death Stranding now has a game engine (we've heard whispers it uses the game engine behind Media Molecule's new game, Dreams), but the project sounds like a long way off.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-09-13-death-stranding-has-open-world-elements
Like 99.9% sure their info is wrong, but would be super unexpected if it's true

Man Sony should use whatever engine insomniac used for ratchet and clank Nd make some more $40 titles

Medievil
Ape escape
Parappa

Give them that from the ground up kind of treatment bet they get the same success
Assuming the Crash ones do well, I hope to see Spyro get the same treatment

Spyro>>>>>Crash all day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom