PlayStation has 21 Million PlayStation Plus Subscribers

Feb 19, 2015
Official

40 Million PS4 install base

The total number of active PlayStation Network users is over 60 million in total. Therefore, 1/3rd of active users pay for PS Plus

-
Credit to Zhuge for the work. I'm lazy

Feb 19, 2015
Sony will continue to invest in Original Content for PlayStation in order to reach a broad user base.

-Zhuge again , I really need to know how to recreate images on tweets

Feb 5, 2013
$50 * 21 million = $1.1 BILLION

All that cash and they still give us indie games every month.

I love how they were able to give us AAA games barely a year after launch with only 2 million subscribers last year.

Mar 9, 2009
That seems pretty low. At most (and possibly less) than half of PS4 users can't play online multiplayer.

Yet games like COD and Destiny are some of the most popular.
It's not low.

Xbox live tends to be high because it sells mainly in UK and USA mainly. Most the people in those countries have decent enough broadband to play online.

PS4 sells well in Africa, India and other countries that do not have good enough broadband for people to go online with.

Then you have others who simply do not want to pay for it.

That's around £750m a year they making from Ps plus. Crazy how much money they lost out from last gen. Yet people seem to think MS is going to make Xbox live free. Without Xbox live income you can say goodbye to the gaming division at MS. That is the most profitable thing in the division.

Feb 25, 2008
I hope this profit motivates Sony to be more bullish with internal studio growth and hardware innovation.

But first can we get a PSN name change tho?

Jul 14, 2014
Sony will continue to invest in Original Content for PlayStation in order to reach a broad user base.

-Zhuge again , I really need to know how to recreate images on tweets
Broadening the reach of a brand is always a good idea on paper but could end up weakening it if they lose sight of the original appeal. Right now the Playstation brand is doing great, I'd argue they're reaching the peak.

May 25, 2013
The growth of "Network Sales" looks scary high. Digital adoption looks unstoppable.

I'm a PS+ subscriber since 2012(?) now, pretty happy with the service. I wonder all the time why people complain so much about PSN, I can play just fine anytime I want with rare exceptions, and I'm online everyday a damn lot of time.