• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Holiday Sale Live

JORMBO

Darkness no more

The Holiday Sale promotion comes to PlayStation Store from Tuesday, 22nd December, with savings up to 50% on games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, FIFA 21, NBA 2K21, and more. For our European players, head here to check out the full lineup and discounts. Coming to us from North America? Head here.

Below is just a selection of the games included in the promotion. Check your PlayStation Store for the full list and your regional discounts.

• Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
  • Assassin’s Creed Odyssey – Deluxe Edition
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War**
  • Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time
  • Destiny 2: Beyond Light
  • Doom Eternal Standard Edition
  • F1 2020
  • FIFA 21
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Godfall
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Madden NFL 21: Standard Edition
  • Marvel’s Avengers
  • MLB The Show 20
  • Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Digital Deluxe
  • Mortal Kombat 11
  • NBA 2K21 (PS4)
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Resident Evil 3
  • Spyro Reignited Trilogy
  • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  • Star Wars: Squadrons
  • The Last of Us Part II
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Deluxe Edition
  • Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2
  • UFC 4
  • Watch Dogs: Legion

TheDude108

Some pretty good deals imo, at least on the UK store. Picked up Overcooked 2 for over the holidays, but gonna get Borderlands 3 and possibly Doom Eternal.

Fake

Lets hope is better than the previous crap sales.

edit: Still 3 hours left until sales go live on Brazil.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
Honestly, just wait a week and you'll get a better January sale with even deeper price cuts.

Bryank75

Banned
The one thing that Cold War did that I really liked is the simple codes you can figure out to change the outcome after gathering evidence and the direct choices that change the ending too.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
#1 reason I'm digital is because of these sales I never worry about disk scratches, waiting in lines for physical games that don't get sales like these.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Nope they are selling it $40 now, still a rip off tho, and where is ps5 ugrades for horizon, uncharted etc, sony get ur head out of ur ass.
Huh? No they aren't.. not that I can see.

They are selling the PS4 version for $40 still lol.. no mention of it coming with the remaster.

#1 reason I'm digital is because of these sales I never worry about disk scratches, waiting in lines for physical games that don't get sales like these.
These sales are shit. I’ve just bought ghost for £34 physical and even with discount the digital one is still more expensive expensive.
Once I’m done with the game I will sell it and recoup over half the cost easily.

let’s cut the bullshit digital is convenient not cheaper

Last edited:

Zeeed

Huh? No they aren't.. not that I can see.

They are selling the PS4 version for $40 still lol.. no mention of it coming with the remaster.

According to this Article it is available with some caveats:
"Spider-Man Remastered is available now as a standalone release for the PS5. Interestingly, if you own the season pass and original game, you can't buy it." (It shows up as purchased apparently)

I own the original with the DLC so I can't really verify personally if it is available. Either way, I finished the original game recently so I am Spider-man out for a bit. Maybe by the time Miles Morales Ultimate edition goes on sale I'll be ready to play Spider-man again.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
According to this Article it is available with some caveats:
"Spider-Man Remastered is available now as a standalone release for the PS5. Interestingly, if you own the season pass and original game, you can't buy it." (It shows up as purchased apparently)

I own the original with the DLC so I can't really verify personally if it is available. Either way, I finished the original game recently so I am Spider-man out for a bit. Maybe by the time Miles Morales Ultimate edition goes on sale I'll be ready to play Spider-man again.
It is definitely not available on their web site.

There's just a listing with no buy option, no "purchased" option or anything:

I'm not sure this person knows WTF they are talking about...

bitbydeath

I guess we aren’t getting the 12 days of Christmas sales this year. Was hoping to pickup some dirt cheap games on that.

I agree with your saying but surprisingly I might start buying games on disc again for this gen because of the price increase on next gen games ...

I was able to get the disc editions of Cold war and demon souls used for $40 each, both these games are still $50+ on the PSN store and cold war is on sale right now lol

Last edited:

Tmack

As long as you don't have to constantly re-download your previous games, that is.

Well.... the same goes for physical versions (except for cartridge like systems), if you have too many games you`ll have to constantly re-instal/patch those games the same way.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Is there seriously no way to see this sale on the PS5 store?

On the Store tab there is a large banner towards the bottom that rotates with different things. It should pop up in that rotation if you enter and exit the store enough times. I didn't get the sale banner for the last sale to show until doing that around a dozen times.

You'd think they would want to make their sales easy to find...

Spokker

Miles708

Well.... the same goes for physical versions (except for cartridge like systems), if you have too many games you`ll have to constantly re-instal/patch those games the same way.

That's true, for that reason I mostly buy goty editions and never patch anything :messenger_tears_of_joy: (except for No Man's Sky obviously).

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Is Assassin’s Creed Valhalla worth $44 for PS5? Has anyone here played it?

I am so tempted ......
I bought it for $119 and still think it is worth it...so my opinion might not be the best. I have it on PC and on PS5 and I prefer it on PS5.

I got Immortals for ps5 as well...I think they are both great open world games!

Last edited:

Zeeed

I was waiting for a sale on Immortals Fenyx Rising so that worked out.

For those who did not see any games that they wanted on sale (same for me, I was hoping Miles Morales Ultimate Edition), I am holding out hope with the Playstation Blog stating:
*PlayStation Store’s Holiday Sales promotion runs from Tuesday, 22nd December until 23.59pm local time on Tuesday, January 19. Lineup refreshes Friday, January 8.

Riven326

Banned
How is Fallout 76 these days? I love the Fallout games. Wasn't interested in 76 for obvious reasons. But has it gotten better? It's part of the sale.

Last edited:

TheMan

Sekiro still 39 bucks, lol
And immortals already discounted after a month?
Eyeing yakuza

Any recs for good couch co-op games? I want something new to play with the boy

Top Bottom