• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Home content in high demand, rare items going for $20-$60+ on eBay

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
sykoex said:
This is pretty surprising. I didn't realize people were this passionate about Home. Both inFamous and Killzone 2 pre-order exclusive Home content are pretty popular. Here are a few completed auctions I found.

inFamous Reaper costume - $29.99

inFamous Reaper costume - $27.00

Killzone 2 costume - $66.00
Gagaman said:
An idiot is born every minute

smh.

Honestly, for the price someone paid for that KZ2 costume, the person could have just, you know, pre-ordered KZ2 in the first place, saved a few $$$ and actually got KZ2 as part of the deal, Christ.

glaurung

I wonder how SCEI thinks of these auctions...

As far as these items go, it is still people paying REAL MONEY for PRETEND SHIT.

Which is pretty dumb.

fanboi

Banned
glaurung said:
I wonder how SCEI thinks of these auctions...

As far as these items go, it is still people paying REAL MONEY for PRETEND SHIT.

Which is pretty dumb.

As an MMO, no?

glaurung

fanboi said:
As an MMO, no?

Yes, that is correct.

However, an MMO is something that people might perceive as fun, engaging, interesting interaction with story and other people.

All the things HOME most definitely is not.

fanboi

Banned
glaurung said:
Yes, that is correct.

However, an MMO is something that people might perceive as fun, engaging, interesting interaction with story and other people.

All the things HOME most definitely is not.

So everyone think as you then?

Septimus

GAF aside, the masses love Home. It really is quite remarkable. I have nothing against it, although it does get a little boring sometimes but they're helping that with new Spaces all the time. And yeah most people you see there are wearing the pay clothing.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
yes I love it!

people doing dumb things

kitch9

Banned
Home is for the Fackbook society.

People who dont / barely know each other talking about random shit and super poking.

Awesome.

Not.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
kitch9 said:

People who dont / barely know each other talking about random shit and super poking.

Awesome.

Not.

I don't see any problem with strangers talking to each other. Better than calling each other racial slurs. I guess one problem is that with Home, a wireless keyboard is a pretty much a must. Atleast it appeared that way when I tried it out.

Wollan

[Bob]I see they added a new space.
[SuperbThreads_great_0134]Infamous.reaper_suit @ $25 KZ2.isa_suit @ $39 Cal.al.cars.shoes @ $7.50 --> orange.superbthreads.org/home/
[Lisa]What is that?
[Bob]rly?
[SuperbThreads_great_0134]socomCONF_suit @ 3$ N.f.speed.sockst @ $9 --> orange.superbthreads.org/home/
[Bob]Oh no...
[SuperbThreads_great_0022]E3_2009_show.sofa @ $16 Hot.shutti.golf_skarf @ $12 --> orange.superbthreads.org/home/
[SuperbThreads_great_0219]EA_complex_cap @ 5$ Star_Trek.officer_suit @ $29 GDC_08_superRARE.t-shirt @ $57.50 --> orange.superbthreads.org/home/

fanboi

Banned
Wollan said:
[SuperbThreads_great_0134]Infamous.reaper_suit @ $25 KZ2.isa_suit @ $39 Cal.al.cars.shoes @ $7.50 --> orange.superbthreads.org/home/
[Lisa]What is that?
[Bob]rly?
[SuperbThreads_great_0134]socomCONF_suit @ 3$ N.f.speed.sockst @ $9 --> orange.superbthreads.org/home/
[Bob]Oh no...
[SuperbThreads_great_0022]E3_2009_show.sofa @ $16 Hot.shutti.golf_skarf @ $12 --> orange.superbthreads.org/home/
[SuperbThreads_great_0219]EA_complex_cap @ 5$ Star_Trek.officer_suit @ $29 GDC_08_superRARE.t-shirt @ $57.50 --> orange.superbthreads.org/home/

WHY! WHY CHANGE YOUR AVATAR!?

Cruzader

Banned
I think the reason they do this is to stand out among their peers? I mean there plenty of ppls that go and hack Home so that they can go to Japan Home and get all their free weird items and then go about showing it off to everyone else in US Home.

If ppls are hacking Home to do that then there will be those who spend tons to do the same. So theres the easy way and hard way I suppose.

itxaka

Defeatist
Wollan said:
[Lisa]What is that?
[Bob]rly?
[Bob]Oh no...

Now china has to start banning clothesfarmers :lol

kbear

i sold an infamous reaper skin code for almost 30 bucks a few days ago

i was just gonna post the code in the Home gaf thread too lol, but then i found out about it going for like 30 bucks on ebay

Septimus

It's not even a joke, when I wear my closed beta prize clothes I have at least 10 people ask me what store and how much they are. And that's from only logging in for about 15 minutes or so.

When it comes to most popular things that I have no interest in, I can at least see what other people see in it. But with home, I just cannot see it.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Yup, there's a market for it.
So glad I got someone to trade me their Reaper costume code.

I rarely ever use Home, but I...... wanted it.

Dragon

Banned
gkrykewy said:
I don't think the masses are involved in any conceivable way. The masses don't have PS3s.

This is interesting and impressive, however.

I don't think you're qualified to make judgments about the masses. Where's Pachter when you need him?

gcubed

i still have my infamous codes too, sweet. Damn you GAF, you're going to drive the price down by flooding the market!

Huggy

You hand out a free virtual shop to people who want it, and they'll buy virtual items from your virtual shop with actual money.

The concept of Home is awesome and sad at the same time.

Dragon

Banned
kitch9 said:

Awesome.

Not.

Except well I use Facebook to keep up with my friends. You know those people you hang out with in person?

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
Yeah, I noticed this a couple weeks ago. I had the KZ2 code, but I hadn't gone in Home in a long time and never bothered to enter it. The code wasn't working so I was looking to see if I could get it on e-bay for a couple bucks. Turns out KZ2 codes no longer work they expired 4/30/09 which is garbage since Sony and Amazon never said that.

So yeah, if anyone wants a discount on Infamous you should sell it pretty soon before those codes expires. Seems like a pretty good deal for 1st party games, I'll definitely be trying to sell my Home codes whenever I preorder from Amazon.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I started HOME not too long ago and god dayum at every single thing having to be bought. Half of the clothing looks like utter trash whereas Live avatars you get stuff for free and it looks better. I have to spend $7 in real world money in order to get an outfit for something I won't appear on often.

Dragon

Banned
Kadey said:
I started HOME not too long ago and god dayum at every single thing having to be bought. Half of the clothing looks like utter trash whereas Live avatars you get stuff for free and it looks better. I have to spend $7 in real world money in order to get an outfit for something I won't appear on often.

Yeah Live is awesome and never tries to micro-charge you for anything.

Ello

idiocracy.jpg

This movie is becoming more and more accurate of how our future will look like.

Donos

oh oh. the hate is still strong against home.
Sony also just could introduce rare limited edition items/clothes with only 5 pieces around and sell it for 100$. I bet they would be sold within a week.

People can hate Home for what it is/was/will be but in the long run Sony will make money (some day :p)

- Sony makes money >>
- more money for first party devs/ IPs /price cuts >>
- .........>>
- GAF happy ?

gcubed

Donos said:
Sony also just could introduce rare limited edition items/clothes with only 5 pieces around and sell it for 100$. I bet they would be sold within a week.

People can hate Home for what it is/was/will be but in the long run Sony will make money (some day :p)

- Sony makes money >>
- .........>>
- GAF happy ?

GAF will never be happy with Home. Similar reason to why there will always be random mind boggling hate for the Wii

kevm3

I don't get why they aren't introducing arcade cabinets or other games for your house. THose would fly.

Donos said:

- Sony makes money >>
- .........>>
- GAF happy ?

If that is the result, more power to them. It's not going to cost me anything. After spending an hour or so in Home, I just don't understand the draw.

Top Bottom