• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Ireland clarifies tweet: ''N. Sane Trilogy will be coming to PS4 first''

FelipeMGM

We dont know which platforms it would come later yet, but clearly it wont stay only on the PS4

https://twitter.com/PlayStationIE/status/834335018931585026

C5Q1qY3WYAAeo-p.jpg

There was obviously a reason no one from Activision or Sony ever said this was a full time exclusive (or didnt say anything about that for the matter)

Malcolm9

And then PC only? It would be cool for Xbox owners to play the trilogy, but it'll be strange seeing original PS1 exclusives available on Xbox.

Spinky

Playing Crash 1-3 on Xbox would be fucking weeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiird.

But at long as more copies get sold I don't care.

jaypah

I hadn't even considered this being multiplat so the whole ordeal has been weird to me. Thanks for posting.

z0m3le

Banned
And then PC only? It would be cool for Xbox owners to play the trilogy, but it'll be strange seeing original PS1 exclusives available on Xbox.

The activision remake of golden eye came to Sony and Microsoft consoles, so it wouldn't surprise me for this to go multiplat either.

Eolz

Well yeah, they'd have shouted from the start if it was an exclusive.
Activision was always going to go for multiplat money for such an old IP, which is not proven to still be popular.

Good for other players.

Of course it will be a timed exclusive. But love how people were dismissing Playstation Ireland when they said it was an exclusive, but now you trust them.

Of course it will be a timed exclusive. But love how people were dismissing Playstation Ireland when they said it was an exclusive, but now you trust them.

This is obviously a more considered tweet with the okay from higher up the ladder.

But yeah, not surprised it's only timed exclusive. I wonder if Sony tried to acquire the IP from Activision.

FelipeMGM

well, they deleted that tweet and then a few days later they clarified

clearly someone on the higher ups corrected them

Kayant

Expected when neither company has never marketed as such believing a regional account like that seemed far fetched.

Nibel

Anybody surprised by this after learning that Activision was still involved?

Edit: missed the previous thread, carry on, have a nicu day

LewieP

"PlayStation Ireland announce PC version of Crash Trilogy remake".

Edit: I never put much stock in the initial tweet, why would a relatively small regional division be the ones to announce exclusivity?

I trust them because they said something they shouldn't have, sony told them to delete the tweet and now they are saying the truth.
They had to come out and correct this as so many articles were starting to be written saying it was a full exclusive to ps4.

PC's fine I guess, but I hope this doesn't come to Xbox/Nintendo.

These particular games are so integral to PS' history that it'd be a terrible look for the brand if they were playable on competitor consoles. Same reason I'd prefer not to see Gears come to PlayStation (back when Epic owned the rights & that was totally possible).

Eolz

Anybody surprised by this after learning that Activision was still involved?

"After learning Activision was involved"
That's their IP...

Edit:

These particular games are so integral to PS' history that it'd be a terrible look for the brand if they were playable on competitor consoles.

Ahahaahahh
Did you forget the /s or...?

so, I have a PS4 Pro and an X1. 'Captain Contrarian Cunt' in me wants to get this on Xbox for shits and/or giggles.

I'll probably get the PS4 version in the end because it will cheaper by the end of summer.

martino

did you find that strange with Final Fantasy Anthology (first thing coming into mind) for example
if no ? what's the difference.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

These particular games are so integral to PS' history that it'd be a terrible look for the brand if they were playable on competitor consoles.

???

You hope other people don't get to play the game just because it would feel wrong?

jmga

I would love to see all those people always complaining about Crash port-begging commenting on this thread.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.

What an incredibly infantile mentality to have.

Anyways, I'd totally throw down for this on X1. Make a Spyro trilogy remake too, and I'd buy that twice.

Tizoc

I am more laughing at the situation than taking heir word for it
Ive been assuming itll release on other platforms down the line anyways for quite some time bow

It's genuinely impressive that the N.Sane Trilogy is even happening, and significantly more so that Activision granted temporary exclusivity. Don't think it has anything to do with faith.
It's impressive that they couldn't get it done sooner with how well the games sale.

My point is emphasized on the idea that all of them seem to feel it won't make much money.

I hope Sony has a demon souls moment in not working out better deals on things like this.

Hope it hits two million plus on ps4 and keeps going to n same numbers.

Kayant

These particular games are so integral to PS' history that it'd be a terrible look for the brand if they were playable on competitor consoles. Same reason I'd prefer not to see Gears come to PlayStation (back when Epic owned the rights & that was totally possible).
Looool it has been multi-plat for a while now very much doubt that.

Top Bottom