• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Ireland clarifies tweet: ''N. Sane Trilogy will be coming to PS4 first''

Guymelef

Hahaha, that's how a PR fuck it.
If theyhad not say say anyhing about exclusivity the past day, now they should't confirm is actually timed.

moai

its really weird to see some people hoping that the game was exclusive to one platform. do they get happy if less people can play it?

Hahaha, that's how a PR fuck it.
If theyhad not say say anyhing about exclusivity the past day, now they should't confirm is actually timed.

Then again, I wouldn't put words in a Twitter PR. PR are claiming what's they're allowed to claim. Expect them to go back on that statement.

Seems Sony could have worked a better deal. Seems they don't have faith
Sony do not own the ip, it's up to activision, the owners of crash, to decide.
Frankly i'm amazed sony managed to squeeze any kind of exclusivity out of them.

Crash 1-3 are multiplat?
Do tell.

the original crash 1-3 are not, but sony doesn't own the i.p so activision are free to make new games, even remakes, and sell them however they want.
Blame sony, if they really wanted crash back as their own ip then they could have done so.

again, sony do not own crash at all, no part of crash bandicoot is owned by sony other than the original games and even then that might not be the case.....
rare own all of their old games, microsoft bought them so microsoft gets perfect dark, banjo e.t.c, they don't get donkey kong as they are nintendo owned.

Hmm
C4yzlqdVYAAb9j3.jpg

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I'm not surprised, but I didn't comment on that original tweet since it pretty was likely Activision would put this elsewhere at some point.

Of course it will be a timed exclusive. But love how people were dismissing Playstation Ireland when they said it was an exclusive, but now you trust them.

If you didn't believe someone and they changed their statement you'd tell them they're still lying?

PC's fine I guess, but I hope this doesn't come to Xbox/Nintendo.

These particular games are so integral to PS' history that it'd be a terrible look for the brand if they were playable on competitor consoles. Same reason I'd prefer not to see Gears come to PlayStation (back when Epic owned the rights & that was totally possible).

Seriously?

Sony do not own the ip, it's up to activision, the owners of crash, to decide.
Frankly i'm amazed sony managed to squeeze any kind of exclusivity out of them.
Not sure how you got that out of what I said.

Sony is so far ahead they can get games on thier platform exclusively if they want?

Again, it's a case that they think it will sell sub 400,000 or so and they don't want to put more money to it imo

I hope they are very wrong and that we get a true high budget for crash four from a top developer.

I know who owns what and why this is happening. I'm just looking at some of the reasoning it could have happened. I would have put more into it myself if I worked at Sony. I have more faith but maybe it doesn't sell well? Gamers today don't always buy good games and sometimes buy bad ones like watch dogs. So, will wait and see if the game is worth hyping for one.

Leflus

Nice. I never played the Crash games when I had a PS1 as a kid, so I would love to able to play them on my Xbox One.

That said, I'm not going to be terribly disappointed if it doesn't happen. I'd like to get a PS4 at some point.

Wasn't this known when they announced it at the PS Experience? Lol

And yeah I figured it would probably come to the Switch. Crash Bandicoot feels like a series that would do well with Nintendo fans.

deleted

Yes! Lovely info. I hope it comes out everywhere. The are few AAA 3rd party 3D platformers as is to have them only appear on one platform.

Hope it comes to X1/PC/Switch too. Wouldn't be sure whether to pick it up on PC or Switch, but I will pick it up when it comes out for sure.

jmga

Then again, I wouldn't put words in a Twitter PR. PR are claiming what's they're allowed to claim. Expect them to go back on that statement.

I suppose they have been told to correct themselves in order to avoid major problems in the future.

A company should be responsible of their PR words.

Son Of D

Sony is so far ahead they can get games on thier platform exclusively of they want?

Again, it's a case that they think it will sell sub 400,000 or so and they don't want to put more money to it imo

I hope they are very wrong and that we get a true high budget for crash four from a top developer.
Sony are probably just happy with timed exclusivity. It puts the PS4 out as the main release. Plus what was the last western third party exclusive for Sony? Most third party exclusives on PS are from Japanese developers.

black070

As suspected, XBO & Switch ports should follow at some point - funny that the confirmation ultimately came from Playstation Ireland. :p

PC's fine I guess, but I hope this doesn't come to Xbox/Nintendo.

These particular games are so integral to PS' history that it'd be a terrible look for the brand if they were playable on competitor consoles. Same reason I'd prefer not to see Gears come to PlayStation (back when Epic owned the rights & that was totally possible).

What like when Mass Effect became multi plat? It took ages for the first game to get a PS3 port.

At least someone is openly talking about it only being timed now. It took ages before RoTR was spoken about on PS4.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

Sony is so far ahead they can get games on thier platform exclusively of they want?

I do not understand what you're trying to argue?

Do you think sony has the final hand in if everything ends up exclusive to their platform and that the publishers of the games will just not want to approach more than one market?

That thread was a fuckin cringefest between people not understand that Crash has been a multiplat property for YEARS and also smugly celebrating non-confirmation of exclusivity.

Feels good, man.

silva1991

Expected. Lol at the partnering talk at PSX. Why waste money on timed exclusives is beyond me.

Why not fund a dead game like Ape Escape 4 for example?

I suppose they have been told to correct themselves in order to avoid major problems in the future.

A company should be responsible of their PR words.
There could be a chance Sony has an optional deal after or for what sales it gets. This is doubtful though...

If it soon two million by Holiday is definitely try to lock it up and lock up the sequel if I was Sony.

Otherwise having it on pc could be huge for moodders to fix it up. They probably will anyways?

Im not saying I care if it's exclusive just saying I feel they don't have faith in it to make it happen.

Podge293

I'm not currently planning on picking up a switch anytime soon but the crash trilogy would be class on it.

Hopefully it goes everywhere eventually

FelipeMGM

There could be a chance Sony has an optional deal after or for what sales it gets. This is doubtful though...

If it soon two million by Holiday is definitely try to lock it up and lock up the sequel if I was Sony.

Otherwise having it on pc could be huge for moodders to fix it up. They probably will anyways?

Im not saying I care if it's exclusive just saying I feel they don't have faith in it to make it happen.

If it sells that well on only 1 platform than thats even more reason to spread this on every single device that can run this...

Blobbers

I bet all the people from the previous thread that said something in the vein of "wait some of you really thought this wasn't exclusive? c'mon bruh" feel silly now

Top Bottom