• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Ireland clarifies tweet: ''N. Sane Trilogy will be coming to PS4 first''

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta feel sorry for the PlayStation Ireland dude. I've cocked up like that before and your stomach turns into a black hole. Hope his bosses didn't go too hard on him,

Son Of D

Wonder when the other versions will be announced. I can see it being a couple of months after launch for a September release or something.

AGoodODST

Hmm
C4yzlqdVYAAb9j3.jpg

Lmao someone posted this before. Still funny.

There could be a chance Sony has an optional deal after or for what sales it gets. This is doubtful though...

If it soon two million by Holiday is definitely try to lock it up and lock up the sequel if I was Sony.

Otherwise having it on pc could be huge for moodders to fix it up. They probably will anyways?

Im not saying I care if it's exclusive just saying I feel they don't have faith in it to make it happen.

Your saying that a company like activision would look at a successful sales and keep it on one platform.
Activision would never go in for any kind of deal like this
As i said before, sony are lucky that activision agreed to any kind of timed exclusivity.

saw this in the other thread and have to agree.
I'd guess 4 months, Acti will want it out for Xmas especially with no new skylanders game to sell
very likely given activision needing a holiday title for young market, and this would be perfect for holidays.

jmga

So some of you believe this tweet but brushed aside the one that called it an exclusive? :p

Pretty simple, either a game is exclusive or not, so either the first twit or the second one is false.

If the first twit has been deleted and the second one explicitly corrects it...

Choose your side.

Well I generally believe corrections about deleted tweets more than random responses from regional pr accounts.

Or maybe they don't know and they're really just saving face in case it's not an exclusive.

Pretty simple, either a game is exclusive or not, so either the first twit or the second one is false.

If the first twit has been deleted and the second one explicitly corrects it...

Choose your side.

There's nothing to choose. I'll be glad if more people get to play this classic but I know which platform I'm buying it for.

Ganado

its really weird to see some people hoping that the game was exclusive to one platform. do they get happy if less people can play it?
People need confirmation that they made the right choice, but also that the other choices are worse.

Eila

This whole announcing for PS4 first and keeping vague on exclusivity devs have been doing lately is very annoying. Guess sony is promoting this.

Leyasu

Banned
PC's fine I guess, but I hope this doesn't come to Xbox/Nintendo.

These particular games are so integral to PS' history that it'd be a terrible look for the brand if they were playable on competitor consoles. Same reason I'd prefer not to see Gears come to PlayStation (back when Epic owned the rights & that was totally possible).

WTF is this nonsense?? Embarrassing.

My boy is going to love crash, when it gets It's Xbox release.

Son Of D

What? Pc would make less sense, at least Xbox has seen random crash games on it.
Tekken has never had a PC game yet Tekken 7 is releasing on Steam.

Besides, being the first three games it can introduce Crash to the PC market that may have not had a PS1 to play them on originally.

Caayn

These particular games are so integral to PS' history that it'd be a terrible look for the brand if they were playable on competitor consoles. Same reason I'd prefer not to see Gears come to PlayStation (back when Epic owned the rights & that was totally possible).
Why would you care what platform other people are playing Crash on? Crash has been on platforms other than Playstation before, if Sony didn't want that they should've ensured that they owned the IP.

Mass Effect 1 was originally a Xbox exclusive title, and the entire trilogy was supposed to be Xbox exclusive. It still found its way to other platforms resulting in more people being able to enjoy the Mass Effect franchise and helping it to grow into the large franchise it's today.

So some of you believe this tweet but brushed aside the one that called it an exclusive? :p

Given the fact they deleted the first tweet it's clear that they stated something they shouldn't have.
that first tweet got a lot of press, so it seems like they were told to delete it and now tweet something more correct.

Yikes...

75778747.jpg

zeromcd73

Awesome. Will pick up for PS4 and hopefully Switch later down the road. Not personally surprised at all since there was never a single mention of exclusivity.

lol

This is some stupid-arsed reasoning. Crash hasn't been properly relevant in about 15 years. Nobody gives a crap for his PS1 legacy any more to consider it a "terrible look for the [PS] brand" when he shows up on other consoles.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Why would you care what platform other people are playing Crash on? Crash has been on platforms other than Playstation before, if Sony didn't want that they should've ensured that they owned IP.

Mass Effect 1 was originally a Xbox exclusive title, and the entire trilogy was supposed to be Xbox exclusive. It still found its way to other platforms resulting in more people being able to enjoy the Mass Effect franchise and helping it to grow into the large franchise it's today.

its not enough that Sony gets the games first. Other platforms should fail to get it.

5978.jpg

That's messed up ☹️

Fj0823

I firmly believe Crash is going to sell considerably more on PS4 than Xbox.

The brand is too strongly associated with PS.

freefornow

Ok, so PS4 and PS4 Pro first. Fine.
Xbox, Switch, WiiU, Steam/PC a week later? Month later? 3/6 months??

What is an average exclusivity period? Have there been any really short ones (like a week)??

Ideal game for Switch in my opinion. I could handle a few levels on a commute

Akai__

ZhoP2YL.png

Corpekata

Banned

Well, no shit. The PS4 is the best selling console right now. It's also releasing first there. Of course it's going to sell better on PS4.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

ok, that's kind of obvious isn't it? Especially when the game is a timed exclusive to the platform but I believe that an xbox version would at least do fine.

jmga

By the way, another case that proves you should not trust any exclusive that hasn't been explicitly advertised like that.

ViviOggi

Stop fighting PR wars for multi-billion dollar companies unless you get paid for it or sit on a load of shares

How would you describe your position then?
Like so:

I bought a PS4. So I'm invested in the PS brand.

I don't have an Xbox One. Therefore, I'm not invested in that brand.

People thinking they need to buy a PS4 to play the Crash remakes is better for me, because that means more money for the brand I'm invested in, and thus more/better services that brand can offer to me.

Crash remakes being available on XB1/Switch (competitors) would mean less money for the brand I'm invested in, and more for the brands that I'm not. Not sure why I'd want that for these particular games.

Financially, some games are better off as exclusives. Gears being kept exclusive to 360 when going multi platform was an option is a good example of this.

Basic economics really, but uh, I guess "fanboy" is easier for children to grasp

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Ok, so PS4 and PS4 Pro first. Fine.
Xbox, Switch, WiiU, Steam/PC a week later? Month later? 3/6 months??

What is an average exclusivity period? Have there been any really short ones (like a week)??

Ideal game for Switch in my opinion. I could handle a few levels on a commute

At least 3 months, I think the MxC3 remaster is the shortest timed exclusive I can think of off the top of my head.

Dunkley

I'm glad, as said in the other thread:

The initial Crash Trilogy were some really good platformers, and I think the more people get to experience it, the better.

With that said, this thread does have some embarrassing display of entitlement in regards to exclusivity.

What is exactly the huge issue that more people get to play some great games beyond the fact that you can't list warz with this.

People thinking they need to buy a PS4 to play the Crash remakes is better for me, because that means more money for the brand I'm invested in, and thus more/better services that brand can offer to me.

Crash remakes being available on XB1/Switch (competitors) would mean less money for the brand I'm invested in, and more for the brands that I'm not. Not sure why I'd want that for these particular games.

Financially, some games are better off as exclusives. Gears being kept exclusive to 360 when going multi platform was an option is a good example of this.

Basic economics really, but uh, I guess "fanboy" is easier for children to grasp

So why would they think they'd need to buy a PS4 to play the Crash Remakes, if by your own statement, it'd be fine if it launched on PC also?

You wanna shift the goalposts around "basic economics" after hoping it doesn't release on competing consoles while PC is fine, alright, I mean it seems ridiculous to assume Activision really would have any investment in strengthening the PS Brand especially after releasing so many Crash games on all sorts of platforms but sure, whatever makes you sleep at night buddy. I gotta say I instead am glad to enjoy the idea that maybe everyone gets to experience what made Crash so great on PS1.

I sure loved the original platformers, and I'm excited how the N. Sane Trilogy will turn out. Not because of exclusivity, but because I love the games, maybe you should try that too instead of trying to know better than a multi-billion dollar company how to do their business. They don't need your help.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Like so:

Basic economics really, but uh, I guess "fanboy" is easier for children to grasp.

You act like a corprorate mouthpiece just because you bought their "plastic box" and you call me a child? Really?

Playing Crash on Switch and Xbox is going to be weird. What next? Smash?
People forget such classic games, and so quickly.....

I think it's great nintendo and xbox and finally get to play some great crash games.
It's perfect fr young children so will sell very well whenever it does release.
I also think nintendo switch owners will lap this up as i can see it releasing before mario.

So? Wont change the fact that a lot of people on Xbox will get to enjoy this too. Man i hate this "it will sell better on X" wars bullshit. Who cares really.

CrayToes

Like so:

This is one hell of a warped point of view. Ever consider that Crash being on multiple platforms gives it a greater chance of success, thus giving Activision more reason to invest in the IP?

bidguy

Banned
Like so:

im sure those megacorporations are glad youre looking out for their interests

Your saying that a company like activision would look at a successful sales and keep it on one platform.
Activision would never go in for any kind of deal like this
As i said before, sony are lucky that activision agreed to any kind of timed exclusivity.

saw this in the other thread and have to agree.

very likely given activision needing a holiday title for young market, and this would be perfect for holidays.

Seeing as how they have barely cared about Crash anyways I don't agree with you.

Acti is fairly stubborn and power hungry though, I will give you that. I do not agree with you that it's impossible for sony to get these games as exclusive for the right deals.

There are too many things that be given to acti in favor of Destiny, COD that they would jump on. I'm sure they would look quite hard at better deals on digital sales or royalty fees for example. Sony doesn't want to take the chance imo

Like so:

That sounds like a fanboy to me.

Like so:

Lol this is literally the most pathetic apology for fanboyism I've ever read. Take a break from gaming for a while. Also it doesn't sound like you have a grasp on reality, let alone "basic economics."

You sound deluded.

AHA-Lambda

Hot dog!!! :D

Right, waiting on a Steam version now!

Like so:

Wishing for a faceless corporation's economic wellbeing over another's as you own the box of the first corporation, sounds a lot like fanboyism.

You act like a corprorate mouthpiece just because you bought their "plastic box" and you call me a child? Really?

Uh.

I neither used the words "plastic box," nor called you a child. Settle down.

Interesting that you think wanting a higher ROI makes you a "corporate mouthpiece," though. Many would just call that spending money wisely.

Top Bottom