• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Ireland confirms Crash Bandicoot Trilogy is PS4 Exclusive

Take with a grain of salt:

https://mobile.twitter.com/PlayStationIE/status/833607867714433027

C5IWq3PUcAAeCdF.jpg

Hope this doesn't start a fight. Just reporting it.

Be civil guys.

I think everyone somewhat expected this, not sure why you thought there would be he a freak out.
There probably will be on the next page

Megatron

Fine with me if true, but I don't always think the people running the blogs know everything. Could also be timed exclusive as well. Would be nice to have clarity.

K' Dash

Well it was expected that Sony would send a hat made of money to Activision to keep this under the Ps4 umbrella.

maxcriden

Thought it would obvious it was? It is associated with Playstation.

For an exclusive title, it is exceptionally odd that they've never once advertised it as such. That's really unusual. If it's on PS4 only, so be it, but it's still odd they haven't spoken of it in this manner.

FWIW, though Crash is originally associated with the PlayStation brand, several entries graced other systems in the sixth gen.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That the game "will be a PS4 exclusive" doesn't offer any further insight into the matter. It's well known that the game is launching on the PS4 exclusively; the question is whether or not there's an expiry date attached. Additionally, Sony confirming temporary exclusivity would be acting against its own interests, so naturally it's not going to offer anything in the way of clarification. Sony IE is just reiterating what Acti itself has already made clear, essentially.

Unrivaled

Banned
That the game "will be a PS4 exclusive" doesn't offer any further insight into the matter. It's well known that the game is launching on the PS4 exclusively; the question is whether or not there's an expiry date attached.

im sure they would have stated that by now..

Hektor

The fact that they never announced this as exclusive in their marketing still stands, which would be extremely odd.
Considering they've gotten these things wrong in the past, i'd take this with a HUGE grain of salt

Shancake

Good to have this put to bed.

I think it was questionable due to the fact that Crash in Skylanders was announced within the same announcement and wasn't exclusive to PlayStation.

Thought it would obvious it was? It is associated with Playstation.
Post-PS2 were a lot of brands associated to Playstation. Now they are multiplats.

Crash has been in other consoles aswell.

The doubt is legit, even though I'll bet it is exclusive this time, at least temporary

JaseC

im sure they would have stated that by now..

Not necessarily. In cases of temporary exclusivity, future platforms are generally unknown until much later down the track (take the PC port of FFX/X-2 HD, for example).

Jacqli

So that means no vita version? A pity, it would be really cool to play Crash on the go (are they as PS1 classics?).

Jawmuncher

I really believe playstation ireland. /s

Sony themselves have been very mum on the matter, not even going out of their way to say it's exclusive at PSX. Plus you have the Skylanders Crash content which is accessible on all systems. At best this is a timed exclusive.

Before I get a quote with some nonsense. I don't care if it ends up being an exclusive or not. I'm able to play it wherever it is.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
i'm taking it with a grain of salt but def would not be surprised. Sony saw the reception, its a good get especially for nostalgic PS fans and those looking to see what the fuss is about.

I've heard that Sony was the one who actually went to acti for the idea of bringing the games back cause they were getting requests

JaseC

People were expecting something different? I thought Crash was a Sony IP?

Sony just has publishing rights on the PSX-era Crash games. Acti owns the IP and the games themselves, with the exception of CTR, which Sony owns.

bman94

Didn't it seem obvious? They said literally nothing about other platforms and they made a big deal about it at Sony's E3.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
The main three games were. Crash has had a couple of games on other platforms under Activision.

Funnily enough, Sony still owns the rights to Crash Team racing, even though Acti owns everything else, or so i've heard

Top Bottom