• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Italy: “New concept for online gaming aimed at PS4 users” May 13th

Sony to unveil new online gaming concept for PS4 on May 13th

We just received a very interesting press release from Sony Computer Entertainment Italy. It mentioned an upcoming PlayStation media event scheduled for May 13, which will supposedly unveil a “new concept for online gaming aimed at PlayStation 4 users”.

The image literally says: Are you ready to accept the challenge?

zaCHenv.jpg

More here

?
Something Driveclub?
Maybe nothing.

D i Z

A PS Esports initiative would be interesting. They've got enough regions and infrastructure to broadcast events if it ever got big enough for that.

Maybe they will add a ladder system for competative esports. Would be cool to set it up within the PS4 system than having to use an outside system.

Isn't this just the esports initiative called the PlayStation Official League they were pushing a few months ago in Spain?

Edit: Takao is way ahead of me.

kevin1025

Banned
It could be the expansion of the idea of streaming audiences manipulating the game in a more mainstream way than hitting #A or #B during streams. They need to expand on the Share functions some more.

Local version of this?

Yeah, I immediately thought about this, here's why, I got some 'inside' info actually.

In a nutshell:

I know the Spanish version was launched a few months ago as a test market. If the test market went fine and people showed interest they'd expand it over to other countries, starting with Portugal I believe. Otherwise the whole thing would just be thrown to the garbage bin.

Well, people definitely showed interest in Spain, as Portugal's league did go forward after the Spanish test, and kicked off just a month ago (https://ligaplaystation.pt/).

So Italy is probably the next market they're launching on, followed by more local launches throughout the year.

It's not something that's out of this world, but I do definitely think it's a good idea and hope it has success so they can integrate further with the console in the future. Edit: As to the 'new concept', it's a concept similar to Gamebattles, if anyone remembers that, so I don't really think it's new per se, but hey, it's marketing I guess..

This is still a wild guess on my part, it could be something else, but I actually think it really is just Playstation League.

It has to be that E-sports league they've been testing in the EU. Perhaps it's to tie in with COD Bops3 if the rumors are to be believed.

Armadilo

Banned
It's going to be That PlayStation League thing, if PlayStation North America doesn't say anything then it's probably nothing special for all PS4 users

Top Bottom