PlayStation Japan YouTube channel teases ‘True End of Century RPG’ for PS4, PS Vita

ULTROS!

Aug 17, 2009
Philippines
psnprofiles.com
http://gematsu.com/2017/10/playstation-japan-youtube-channel-teases-true-end-century-rpg-ps4-ps-vita

The description of the video reads: “The world has ended. As for what remains…? A True End of Century RPG is born. All will be revealed on October 26, 2017.”

The video does not contain any company logos, therefore the publisher and developer of the game are unknown. The fact that it is hosted on the PlayStation Japan YouTube channel does not mean it is a Sony Interactive Entertainment title, as the channel has previously hosted teaser videos for third-parties, such as the teaser video for Experience’s Death Mark in December 2016.
Video: https://youtu.be/ZYRE_avtdps

yaffi

Mar 27, 2012
Looks like something that could be similar to Freedom Wars or Black Rock Shooter.

Aters

Jan 11, 2016
Just want to point out it's very likely related to Metal Max series, and Metal Max is a solid RPG series that really doesn't deserve all the hate in this thread.

Trumpets

Dec 5, 2008
England
Fist of the North Star, surely. Didn't one of the antagonists describe himself as the 'Ruler of the end of the century' or something like that?

Snakey125

Jan 5, 2015
Just want to point out it's very likely related to Metal Max series, and Metal Max is a solid RPG series that really doesn't deserve all the hate in this thread.
Also want to point out that certain tank design was in the last Metal Max mobile game. I found a photo of it and compared it with the one in the trailer and it's exactly the same. So uh, yeah: This is a trailer for entry number 6 (?)

Looks fairly cheap.
Yeah, The series is kinda a niche budget series.

Omeganex9999

Mar 14, 2010
I opened the link expecting something different... (yes, I am one of those PLEASE BRING BACK LEGEND OF THE DRAGOONS guys)

This sounds and looks like Super Generic RPG 5. I can't stand generic Japanese anime voices anymore.

RPG_Fanatic

Aug 24, 2009
Canada
That what I was thinking when I saw the trailers. I have only tried the PS2 game and I had fun with it, so I will be cautiously optimistic about this game.

mclem

Jan 16, 2007
I'm not sure the Vita will be a good platform for a game releasing in 2100.

Feb 18, 2009
New York
Now that I’m honking about it. I’d love a game series that starts with the beginning of the end of mankind and as each game game came out(maybe about 3-4 total) you see how society and the world changes when we’re not the top dog anymore. We always get post apocalyptic games, it way pst time we get something that happens during.