• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Japan YouTube channel teases ‘True End of Century RPG’ for PS4, PS Vita

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
http://gematsu.com/2017/10/playstation-japan-youtube-channel-teases-true-end-century-rpg-ps4-ps-vita

The description of the video reads: “The world has ended. As for what remains…? A True End of Century RPG is born. All will be revealed on October 26, 2017.”

The video does not contain any company logos, therefore the publisher and developer of the game are unknown. The fact that it is hosted on the PlayStation Japan YouTube channel does not mean it is a Sony Interactive Entertainment title, as the channel has previously hosted teaser videos for third-parties, such as the teaser video for Experience’s Death Mark in December 2016.

Video: https://youtu.be/ZYRE_avtdps

Rymuth

0.jpg

Hokuto no Ken RPG, book it

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
It looks like a Spike Chunsoft game if you ask me. Or at most a B-tier SIE game.

ULTROS!

It has God Eater vibes. Yeah, totally a Vita game.

It looks a bit more high budget than a NIS game if you ask me (plus didn't they announce something new a few days ago?).

Aters

Just want to point out it's very likely related to Metal Max series, and Metal Max is a solid RPG series that really doesn't deserve all the hate in this thread.

Trumpets

Fist of the North Star, surely. Didn't one of the antagonists describe himself as the 'Ruler of the end of the century' or something like that?

Snakey125

Just want to point out it's very likely related to Metal Max series, and Metal Max is a solid RPG series that really doesn't deserve all the hate in this thread.

Also want to point out that certain tank design was in the last Metal Max mobile game. I found a photo of it and compared it with the one in the trailer and it's exactly the same. So uh, yeah: This is a trailer for entry number 6 (?)

Looks fairly cheap.

Yeah, The series is kinda a niche budget series.

FingerBang

I opened the link expecting something different... (yes, I am one of those PLEASE BRING BACK LEGEND OF THE DRAGOONS guys)

This sounds and looks like Super Generic RPG 5. I can't stand generic Japanese anime voices anymore.

That what I was thinking when I saw the trailers. I have only tried the PS2 game and I had fun with it, so I will be cautiously optimistic about this game.

Now that I’m honking about it. I’d love a game series that starts with the beginning of the end of mankind and as each game game came out(maybe about 3-4 total) you see how society and the world changes when we’re not the top dog anymore. We always get post apocalyptic games, it way pst time we get something that happens during.

Top Bottom