• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Jim Ryan says removing Cyberpunk 2077 ‘was a tough decision, but we had to act’

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Speaking to Axios in a newly published interview, the president and CEO said that PlayStation felt it could not sell a game that could “result in a bad experience” for players.

“This was a tough decision for us to make, but ultimately, we had to act in the interests of the PlayStation Community, and not knowingly sell a game that might result in a bad experience for them,” Ryan said.

Ryan offered no details about what it will take for the game to return.

LordCBH

I mean, Jim, had CDPR not told people to bug you for refunds the odds of you guys removing it from sale were 0 lol. If they cared about player experience, shit like Life of Black Tiger and Firefighters the Simulation never would have been allowed on the store.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
I'm glad they did, I bought it used for $12 like 2 months after launch and it was a complete mess. It was morbid curiosity.

Developers should face repercussions for stuff like that. Wish it would happen more often.

trash GIF

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I mean, Jim, had CDPR not told people to bug you for refunds the odds of you guys removing it from sale were 0 lol. If they cared about player experience, shit like Life of Black Tiger and Firefighters the Simulation never would have been allowed on the store.
The pre release shots weren't misleading, if you bought either of that shite you get what you deserve. Cyberpunk was released as a lie. Once they fix the bugs and/or bring a next gen patch then bring it back.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
  • Sony is learning from one one of the PS4’s few shortcomings, a lack of hot games early.
  • “Yes, the output during the PS4 cycle was excellent,” Ryan said, referring to a slew of critically acclaimed blockbuster games that were exclusive to Sony’s previous console, “but the great majority of those games came in the second half of the cycle.”

I dont think they learned anything.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
giphy.gif

-------------------------------------------------------

Smart move to frame it for the narrative of "caring" for the players, but we all know the truth is they don't want to set a precedent for a refund system and that really sucks.

Speaking to Axios in a newly published interview, the president and CEO said that PlayStation felt it could not sell a game that could “result in a bad experience” for PlayStation.

“This was a tough decision for us to make, but ultimately, we had to act in the interests of PlayStation, and not knowingly sell a game that might result in refunds,” Ryan said.

Fixed.

Call me anti-PlayStation if you want, but please be sure to justify all the garbage that PlayStation keeps up on their store while you’re at it.

(I’m not specifically speaking to OP here)

VolticArchangel

Gold Member
I mean, those frauds at CDPR deserve every fucking bit of negative PR they get for hiding the last gen base and pro console versions, and scamming those 4+ million console customers on last gen for that abhorrent interactive diarrhoea that is CBP2077 on PS4/X1.

But sure, Jimbo. You're the bastion of customer protection and satisfaction, and you didn't do it because your refund requests were in the 1000's of copies. Sure...

Are You Sure About That John Cena GIF by MOODMAN

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I've found Harmny's new account guys

Game is a piece of shit and the only redemption for it will be found through PS+
I dunno, I thought it was a great game too. Played it on PC at launch and ran into superficial issues at best. Really enjoyed it, played through it twice. If I HAD to play it on the consoles though....yeesh.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
btw did you hear, yesterday CDPR released an update on the data breach and damage during the hack. By pure coincidence during SGF to make sure everyone noticed.

rkofan87

Gold Member
Translation "We do not like giving refunds and we knew this game would piss off a lot of people. But we need the money. So we removed the problem itself. Please understand its because we truly care for our customers......not"
this once you preorder a game on psn the cash is jims lol

I couldn’t get a refund on Days Gone when the road refused to load in on my ps4 pro….

Wouldnt need to pull a game if you had a half way decent return policy like the majority of your competitors.
That's not the game though, why would that happen to you and nobody else?

DiscoDave

I only played it on PC and it was actually fine but as much as I play and love fallout 76, its probably worse than cyberpunk in some ways so was surpised they take cyberpunk of but not other games. I guess cyberpunk was a bigger release though.

ethomaz

Banned
I agree with him here.

If you have a game and it receives several refund requests it means something is wrong with the game.
The best for the community is get rid of it.

You can't have in a gaming community games being sold to be refunded by everybody.

CDPR should learn from their mistakes and make better games next time.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I only played it on PC and it was actually fine but as much as I play and love fallout 76, its probably worse than cyberpunk in some ways so was surpised they take cyberpunk of but not other games. I guess cyberpunk was a bigger release though.
The PS community decided why one was removed and the other not.
We PS fans worked with our wallets and asked refunds.
The numbers of refunds asks was basically universal... so the best for the community was the game being removed and Sony listened.

That is an amazing feat because it set precedent for others games... if most community find it is not in the PS quality level it should be removed and the Publisher/Developer should learn we won't accept that anymore.

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
The PS community decided why one was removed and the other not.
We PS fans worked with our wallets and asked refunds.
The numbers of refunds asks was basically universal... so the best for the community was the game being removed and Sony listened.

That is an amazing feat because it set precedent for others games... if most community find it is not in the PS quality level it should be removed and the Publisher/Developer should learn we won't accept that anymore.
The best for the community would be to offer a universal refund system like Steam does. The only precedent they've set is that if the community bitches loud enough they'll stop selling it. The fact that it was debatably up in the air speaks volumes for what they think of their community.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
The best for the community would be to offer a universal refund system like Steam does. The only precedent they've set is that if the community bitches loud enough they'll stop selling it. The fact that it was debatably up in the air speaks volumes for what they think of their community.
They can add a better refund system but that won't change that I agree if a game get universal refunds like CDPR it should be removed from the Store.

If most of people are refunding a game then I wish Sony doesn't sell this game anymore... at least not before it got 100% fixed.

BTW a universal refund system like Steam should just hide the issue and publishers/developers won't receive the community message at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom