• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Latin America post yet another teaser of Crash Bandicoot

Endless

4dcf6sBh

https://twitter.com/PlayStation_LA/status/720732739079704576

old render

Hexa

Is this new art? Like it's based on old art, but it's been massively retouched. Isn't that a bit weird?

jHhzf9w.jpg

Ganondorfo

Why is everyone excited for Bandicoot again, I remember many people not caring about him when Naughty Dog left the franchise.

They probably just used the original source image. What you posted looks like a magazine scan.

This would be an odd image for PSLatAm to have access to, even if they DID have access to Naughty Dog. It was used exactly one time, afaik. It has been touched up or remade from scratch.
There's nothing odd about them touching up an image though.

I think in reality people want a new Crash game like they want Knack on PS+

Why would you even compare the two? The Crash games were some of the highest rated and best selling games of that generation. They're also games that many Playstation gamers grew up with. They were genuinely great games. So obviously people would like to see a new entry.

Garraboa

Sony should shut the fuck up about Crash and Spyro if they're not bothering to do anything with the franchises or even reach out to Activision.

Sony should shut the fuck up about Crash and Spyro if they're not bothering to do anything with the franchises or even reach out to Activision.

When have they said anything about Spyro? He's obviously never leaving Activision given that he's linked to Skylanders.

Kolx

No they shouldn't. These threads and the hype b4 every conference is totally worth it IMO.

El_Cinefilo

Why would you even compare the two? The Crash games were some of the highest rated and best selling games of that generation. They're also games that many Playstation gamers grew up with. They were genuinely great games. So obviously people would like to see a new entry.

Sorry, I don't mean they're similar in terms of quality. I just think people get excited over the nostalgia and overstate the desire for a new game. As someone pointed out, it's almost a meme at this point. I'm not convinced there's that much actual demand for a new title.

EDIT:I'm sure it has a die hard audience that would throw money at a new title I just don't think it's as big as it comes across on here.

farisr

Sorry, I don't mean they're similar in terms of quality. I just think people get excited over the nostalgia and overstate the desire for a new game. As someone pointed out, it's almost a meme at this point. I'm not convinced there's that much actual demand for a new title.

EDIT:I'm sure it has a die hard audience that would throw money at a new title I just don't think it's as big as it comes across on here.
The PS1 trilogy is a consistent top seller on PSN. It isn't just some "die hard audience" that likes this game still or would want/buy a sequel.

Top Bottom