• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Media Showcase 2017 - 30th October (Paris Games Week)

Here we go:

I5Pn1MO.jpg

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Did we get reveals from this event last year? Figure they'll save most stuff for the PS Experience.

In 2015 they announced Detroit, GT Sport, Robinson: The Journey, Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, Matterfall, Driveclub Bikes, first Uncharted 4 multplayer gameplay, first Dreams gameplay, and a few other things.

They didn't hold a press conference in 2016.

DKHF

Interesting, I had a feeling they might have a European conference this year.

Obvious guesses to appear are Wild and Detroit. Maybe Dreams...

Too close to PSX don't you think?

With GT Sports out on the 17th, I'm really interested to see what will be the EU focus for this conference. Maybe Dreams and Wild? Hopefully they go all out with Detroit and announce a release date.

Of course it's going to be GOW since it's being made with special love for EU ;)

delSai

Back to Paris eh?Looking forward to it

And please, dont expect too much you guys. DMC wont be there. Same with FROM and whatever else you want. Go in with this mindset and you might actually enjoy it!

Probably a focus on European devs and franchises that are big in Europe, so I expect something similar to 2015. Dream, Wild, Detroit, The Frozen Wilds, GT Sports, etc.

PSX will get The Last of Us 2, God of War and Death Stranding.

Why have this event when you had next to nothing to announce at E3. Save it for PSX.

Because there is lots of European stuff they haven't touched upon in a while. Wild, Dreams etc.

Auctopus

Snubbing Gamescom? Isn't Gamescom the much bigger and important event?

This is "business management from my ass" but it's possible Sony have moved to an event that's slightly later in the year as more AAA/Exclusive games launch in the Spring rather than the Fall. If you look at past announcements from PGS, they concern games that are releasing near enough immediately or in the Spring. Maybe having a conference in October time allows them to show more or different things that have been shown at E3?

FelipeMGM

This is "business management from my ass" but it's possible Sony have moved to an event that's slightly later in the year as more AAA/Exclusive games launch in the Spring rather than the Fall. If you look at past announcements from PGS, they concern games that are releasing near enough immediately or in the Spring. Maybe having a conference in October time allows them to show more or different things that have been shown at E3?

well, thats what PSX is for too, thats why I think this is a bit out of place

Drayco21

Watching their last Paris show was a complete waste of time; with how close this is to PSX, I don't expect an improvement this year.

Snubbing Gamescom? Isn't Gamescom the much bigger and important event?

Truth be told, when gaming companies are hosting big press conference with a sizable amount of new announcements, it doesn't matter whether they do it next to any gaming event, or do it randomly any other day.

If there are big announcements there, it'll receive major coverage from press outlets/etc, regardless of whether or not it's a Gamescom, PSX, PGW... or say, a hypothetical PlayStation Direct.

MattAces

Last year, watching their Paris show was a complete waste of time; with how close this is to PSX, I don't expect an improvement this year.

So you wasted 0 second of your life watching Paris Game Show last year?

Anyway since this E3 was a news refreshment for last year where we got an update for Spider-Man, God of War and Days Gone, hopefully this time we will dive into new games.
Just how us what Sucker Punch is working on already.

GeoramA

Jim Ryan will walk on stage with both middle fingers up in the air.

Other than that, not sure what Sony's going to show or announce.

wapplew

Watching their last Paris show was a complete waste of time; with how close this is to PSX, I don't expect an improvement this year.

Conference might not good but stay for the Jim Ryan PR and interviews afterward, the meat of the show.

Top Bottom