• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting 2013 Thread: Go Fourth

Gorillaz

cDTl3nb.jpg

This and the infamous 3 build up was funny as hell.

That Final Fantasy mention was the most pointless thing ever. This was a PS4 centric event and yet it will probably be multiplatform, he had nothing to say or show, and they've given fans the right to think "yay, whatever" in recent years. On top of that people are still waiting on pins and needles for Versus, and yet another FFXIII game is on the way this year. They're hardly in a position to say "oh you should be excited about an announcement that's four months away despite our shitty handling of the franchise!"

Put up or shut up.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
That Final Fantasy mention was the most pointless thing ever. This was a PS4 centric event and yet it will probably be multiplatform, he had nothing to say or show, and they've given fans the right to think "yay, whatever" in recent years. On top of that people are still waiting on pins and needles for Versus, and yet another FFXIII game is on the way this year. They're hardly in a position to say "oh you should be excited about an announcement that's four months away despite our shitty handling of the franchise!"

Put up or shut up.

Please be excited for E3.

Gorillaz

It was funny because he looked like he wanted to say something important but remembered where he was so instead he was just like "E3 lol"

Please be excited for E3.

Let's say they show FFXV, and let's just play make-believe and say that it looks amazing. I wonder what that would mean for Lightning Returns. Surely they wouldn't want another title taking the attention away from her highness.

Unless it's... another Lightning game. I'd rather play that lightning minigame in FFX.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Let's say they show FFXV, and let's just play make-believe and say that it looks amazing. I wonder what that would mean for Lightning Returns. Surely they wouldn't want another title taking the attention away from her highness.

Unless it's... another Lightning game. I'd rather play that lightning minigame in FFX.

Think of it this way: Lightning Returns is about as important as Dirge of Cerberus was.

Put up or shut up.
This generation alone, they managed to kill Final Fantasy for my wife, who just gave up on XIII and hasn't looked back, and Dragon Quest X, since she hates mmos. She's played both series right from the beginning. She greeted that little announcement of an announcement with a little "hmph," and a shake of her head. She's had enough. She's more excited for Persona these days. That's what SE has reaped this gen.

This generation alone, they managed to kill Final Fantasy for my wife, who just gave up on XIII and hasn't looked back, and Dragon Quest X, since she hates mmos. She's played both series right from the beginning. She greeted that little announcement of an announcement with a little "hmph," and a shake of her head. She's had enough. She's more excited for Persona these days. That's what SE has reaped this gen.

If you really want to get depressed, watch Final Fantasy VI's ending and then FFXIII's ending.

I mean -- damn. It says it all. Production value and shitty music, weee!

Think of it this way: Lightning Returns is about as important as Dirge of Cerberus was.

I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed XIII-2 and I'm somewhat interested in seeing what they're going to do with the next one, if only for the lulz. That being said I just think it's weird if they show FF15 on next-gen consoles before Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
to Gamestop

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
If you really want to get depressed, watch Final Fantasy VI's ending and then FFXIII's ending.

I mean -- damn. It says it all. Production value and shitty music, weee!

I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed XIII-2 and I'm somewhat interested in seeing what they're going to do with the next one, if only for the lulz. That being said I just think it's weird if they show FF15 on next-gen consoles before Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
to Gamestop

They did show FFXIII/Versus XIII before FFXII was out in America.

Stark

Banned
With all due respect, man... I love you, but... No way. That was incredibly canned.

It's not that hard to believe, imo. It might look a bit worse off when it's an actual game, but I doubt by much. There's clear faults in their to show it is in-engine.

Anyone get a shot of the content partners for Sony's online stuff? I remember it looking like the chart with all the developers who are supporting PS4.

Anyone?

Cyberia

Have you heard if Sony has more launch games that they are saving to show at E3?

Also, I was sure GG and Sucker Punch were working on new IP's. Hopefully they have other teams that are working on new IP's.

GG are working on a new IP, Sucker Punch on the other hand is a one team studio.

If this console releases in November, where will I be playing COD? On the old console, or will there be a release day version on the PS4? This is most important to me.

If this console releases in November, where will I be playing COD? On the old console, or will there be a release day version on the PS4? This is most important to me.

i wouldn't touch the COD if there's a ps4 version. maybe the next iteration. just get killzone and pew pew it up.

pretend it's like the launch ps3 with Resistance

So regarding sharing videos/screenshots, anyone know if we can personalize them before we upload them? It would be kind of boring if we just upload video without any commentary to describe it?

Also, anyone notice that there was no mention of Twitter or YouTUBE?

Man reading through the entire thread now makes me realize how prevalent ADD is with gamers these days. Society is doomed. Can't wait a single minute without an explosion or megaton announcement. What a bunch of babies.

Sorral

Man reading through the entire thread now makes me realize how prevalent ADD is with gamers these days. Society is doomed. Can't wait a single minute without an explosion or megaton announcement. What a bunch of babies.

And I have no faith in SE after what they did this generation. They would have to actually release FFvsXIII before I can be optimistic for anything new that they do now.

Top Bottom