• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Meeting 2016 | Conference Thread [Over]

What is your reaction to the new PlayStation line-up?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Terribly boring meeting.

PS4 Pro's "benefits" look absolutely pointless and not worth killing the console progression model over at all. Shit is even muddier between "choose between resolution and extra textures/foilage!!".

PS4 Prolapse for sure.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I'm still butt-hurt over the lack of 60fps talk... *sigh*

How you gonna call your console "pro" and not even mention 60fps outside of CoD? Come on.

JGLS

i1yUCvt.png

krae_man

Did they ever mentioned better frame rate at some point?

Just with VR, they didn't touch it otherwise.

Not sure how I feel about PSX being dedicated to a product that's already out(you know it's going to be the case).

If they have tons and tons of kiosks with Uncharted 4 running on Neo or something, I'll be disappointed.

By all means show your new stuff on Neo, but don't waste floor space with old stuff.

We know the specs already, there were absolutely no surprises in this conference, and the reason was given at the beginning, 40 million ps4's sold.

Ricker

I will wait until next year to grab the PS4P but I have to ask are HDR 1080p TV that are not over 32 inches a real thing? For a Living Room experience 40-60 Inches is fine but I never liked huge TVs for my room.

I dont think there is 1080p HDTV's with HDR...

Well it wasn't as much of an upgrade as people feared/hoped/hyped so i feel comfortable waiting for a 4K TV to be affordable before buying one

farisr

I don't think i heard shit about 4K Bluray
The Xbox One S presentation didn't mention anything about 4K Bluray either, it's weird how 4k stuff is mainly an enthusiast thing at this point, and many of the early adopters would be into bluray as well, yet no direct mention.

Hex

Banned
HOW WILL THE PRO BENEFIT ME AS A 1080p TV OWNER?? Hello?!

Any trade in program? Hello??

They directly answered your first question HELLLO???? DID YOU PAY ATTENTION?? HELLLLO????

Trade in programs are never announced this far in advance and will mostly be store based.

ktroopa

Really bad presser, i think sony has done fucked up here. Upgraded gpu but overclocked cpu? Scorpio will have it for breakfast. The pitch was all hdr and why we need it :/

Thoughts...
1. Conference was basura.
2. PS4 Pro is ugly
3. PS4 Pro seems unnecessary
4. #ColinWasRight

I'm not buying that shit. Hopefully TGS is a good rebound.

Don't reinforce him with #ColinWasRight. He's been overreacting to the whole thing since Day One.

Avtomat

I have many questions...

Are games rendered natively at 4K?

What are the specs?

Does it have a 4K Blu-Ray drive?

Will games have an improved framerate?

Is there a list of supported games?

• Up to the Developer, simpler games maybe - but 9 times of 10 I would say no
  • Not announced
  • Yes
  • Up to the developer
  • Nothing definitive but Sony First party / EA / Activision seem to be onboard

I'm not sure what disappointed people were expecting. This was never going to be a new console. It's a horsepower upgrade mid-gen that has a few new tricks, and it's only $100 more. Sony never billed this as The Shit the way Scorpio is as a generational leap from Microsoft. Hell, Sony already has a power lead and they're offering new top specs before Microsoft is, but still complaints.

Seriously, what were you expecting?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I'm hardly seeing the support that makes me want to consider this, for games. I understand thats a work in progress.

But yeah, without a 4K player, there is just no point for me to get it. I needed a 4K Blu-ray player and was hoping this would turn out to be it.
Same here. If this thing has a UHD Blu ray drive, I'm in. That's all I need to hear. I'm looking for a UHD player with HDR support, this thing would be ideal, like PS 3 was my Blu-ray player.

Taker666

I can't help but think this is a mistake. Surely they are just going to eat PSVR's lunch buy putting this out at a similar time.

I'd have let PSVR establish itself this holiday...and bump up the specs of this thing to match Scorpio and release late next year..

Top Bottom